Triumph Thruxton

1200, 1200 R

3 questions from our users

Subsasked

Thruxton

I can't decide between the Thruxton and the Standard Bonnie. I love the looks of the Thruxton to bits, but worry if my wife would feel the same way when she comes to ride pillion. Is there even a pillion seat below that gorgeous cowl? The dealer guy said that a 'pillion seat' had to be purchased separately. But then Triumph have just arrived in India and I'm suspicious that the dealers are not yet up to scratch on features.
My intent is weekend rides and the occasional ride to work - none exceeding 100 kms in a day. Once in a blue moon, a highway blast involving 4-6 hours on the saddle for two. Can more experienced Thruxters help with this?

roadrunning123

Bonnie is better for doubling.
Thruxton seat goes under the cowl and yes it's a full seat already.

Subs

Thanks roadrunning123. Do you ride either of the two? In case you're on a Thrux, would it be possible to post a shot of the OE seat minus the cowl? I take it, dynamically, there isn't much to differentiate between these two, except the ergos on the sportier setup on the Thrux. True?

roadrunning123

Unfortunately I don't have the thruxton anymore but the seat is exactly the same as the Bonnie only with a cowl over it.

tyke57nz

tyke57nzasked

Thruxton

Gong back to bikes after my family has grown up and am looking at buying a "handlebar" version of this machine, I am 6 foot over 50 and wonder if it will be too small; honest answers appreciated?

roadrunning123

Mate I'm 6 ft and close to 50 I weigh 95 kg and I ride a Bonnie.
Go for I say you won't regret it they are truly a fun comfortable and practical bike. Weather you choose a Bonnie se or t100 or thruxton or any other model you will have lots of fun.
Good luck with your choice and safe riding to you.

Regards

Roadrunning123.

Harryasked

Thruxton

I have a 2008 thruxton and at present is stopping after 30 minutes of riding. After cooling for 15 minutes it then starts and runs for another 10 or so minutes then stops. I have Staintune pipes and have recently fitted a Air Injection removal kit. Has anyone had this problem?

roadrunning123

First of all we have to establish if its efi or carb ?
If its efi then did you get it re mapped ?
If you have done the change over right then I would say your alternator or charging system is faulty.
Reason being that the bike will only run for a short time because it drains your battery then when you stop and wait a bit the battery regains a bit of charge and she will run for a short time again.
With out testing it personally its hard to say but I would be checking the charging side of the bike.

Cheers

Hope this helps you

Paul

roadrunning123

It could also be the pressure relief hose for your tank could be blocked.
If you did an air box mod it's more than likely to be the breather hose.
Check it be fore you do anything else

Cheers

Paul.

Thanks Paul I will check that hose. Harry

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives