Triumph Thunderbird Storm

4.1

badstorm

badstormChandler

Coolant leak

I had a 2014 Thunderbird Storm and had numerous coolant leak. Tightening the hose works but only temporarily. But, it has happen to me over 4 times within 15 months of owning the Thunderbird Storm. I had a triumph Bonneville before my storm and never once had an issue. Apparently, this is a well known issue among us Thunderbird Storm owners. We all have friends who ride different manufactures but non of them have coolant leaks like reported among us owners! Triumph replaced my 2014 Thunderbird Storm after numerous attempts to fix this issue. They replaced my 2014 with a 2015 Triumph Thunderbird Storm...guess what...same coolant leak within 26 miles!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

PeterPerth

Poor Quality Shocking Service

Poorly designed and built. The chrome rusts quickly..The paint scratches easily and is thin..The engine exhaust decompression cam breaks and puts metal through the engine and gearbox ( before 20k kms) .Rides like a pig!! but the brakes are good. Dealers can't diagnose faults then you have to pay for there labour to replace faulty parts..then get your bike back in an unsafe condition.. Would I buy another Triumph NO!!

Date PurchasedAug 2012
    Trigi

Trigi

Disappointing

I purchased a Triumph Thunderbird Storm brand new in 2012, it was fitted with a K&N air filter and a Foran exhaust system. I weigh 81 kg and 5'11" tall, I rate the suspension as 4/10, the power 7/10, the exhaust 7/10 (high reverb) and handling 6/10. Other observations include a very noisy tick in the engine that drove me crazy and an extremely noisy belt drive from new. The paint is water based (gloss black) and scratches very easily. I have owned several big bikes Japanese and other. I look after my bikes and recently sold the Triumph for top dollar however I can honestly say that I will never purchase another Triumph. Current ride is a Harley sportstar and I am about to purchase a Suzuki Boulevard C109RT to replace the Storm.

Cruiser Bikes

Find out how Triumph Thunderbird Storm compares to other Cruiser Bikes

PeterHunter Region, NSW

Noisy and rattles in the engine

Peter

Had to replace exhaust camshaft as they break the decompression weights and chew metal off the head

Don't buy one

Mick Raven
    Mick Raven
    See all Triumph Thunderbird Storm reviews

shepp.

shepp.asked

Noise from bottom end cover engine R/H side when cold starting. 2012 model 14000KLM. Any ideas?

333Toni3
    333Toni3

Hi, my 24.000 mile 2012 Storm sounds like its been hit with a hammer when starting from cold....but only from cold. l am still trying to find what is causing it but just letting you know yours isnt the only one.

loneyasked

gonna sound like a dumb question to some but here goes .... how many spark plugs are in a 2015 storm 1700?

OK. I found out. 4.

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hey I have a 2010 thunderbird with shorty pipes. Can the leather panniers be fitted with these pipes without heat affecting the panniers?
    Thanks Geoff

Bull
    Bull

I have custom pipes shorter than Triumph short pipes and no probs with my KLock bags

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives

CategoryCruiser Bikes