4.1

• Suspension
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling

Best handling heavy cruiser there is.

I have done 90,000kms on my 2013 Triumph Storm and mechanically it hasn't missed a beat. A great handling and performing big twin. For a big bike it handles corners well.

Purchased in October 2013 for A$260,000.00.

Mileage900,000 km
Mark J.

Mark J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bought mine in 2011 and I still love it

I put the short pipes on and had the tune changed. Put a little wind shield on, triumph panniers and gel seat. 2 up went round Tassie. Been across Sth australia. Handles everything with ease - so much torque. Thumping engine and still turns my head every time I look at it.

Purchased in March 2012 at Peter Stevens Motorcycles for A$20,000.00.

Mileage21,000 km
Recmech226

Recmech226Pilbara, WA

Love this bike!

2018 model I've had 6 months and running well. Due to forum comments on water leaks etc, I've checked mine regularly but have had no problems at all. I do mostly long distance touring in outback WA so seat had to be replaced for comfort. You won't ride far on the original seat unless you just take it out for half hour Saturday morning rides. My only complaint is sun glare from the instrumemnts on the tank which I blacked out. Just about due for second service at 10,000 which I do myself as we have no dealer for 1200km. Overall the Storm is great fun to ride with plenty of grunt for overtaking road trains.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$23,000.00.

Mileage10,000 km

Ugly

UglyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Triumph Storm

I also love the storm I have a 2015 , had a kwaka 9 years ago & the storm is the closest thing I could find that was a cross between the street bike & crusier . The handeling & power is second to none , Some will complain about rear tier wear but that is caused by haveing fun twisting the right hand.
Update as have had the bike longer , I have changed tyers to the Pirelli Night Dragons , I will say they do not grip as well as the metzelers ( have to back right off in the wet and dont stick as well in the dry either ) . So I will be swapping back to the Metzeler as soon as I can .

Date PurchasedJun 2015

johannperth

noise engine

I have a storm at six thousand km the counter weight on the exhaust cam broke that caused a noise in the engine took it back to the dealer they checked it out yep we will replace the camshaft it took six weeks to get my bike back they did not airfreight the part I think they sent it by camel train I was not happy but it cost me nothing to get it fixed it runs well now love to ride this bike

Mark H

Mark HTownsville, Queensland

Storm love it

AndrewSydney

20k on...

Triumph Thunderbird Storm

You know how your favorite shirt feels soooo comfortable?? well this is how my Storm fits me! I purchased my 2013 Storm with 2500km on the clock. Xtras included short tors, dart screen,teebars, and black teardrop mirrors. From my first few kms traveled ive been in love! What a smooth, well balanced ride with grunt to burn!
I have since added a touring seat,grabrail, amsoil, K&N air filter,manufactured some highway pegs and most recently added a Power Commander v and will have it remapped and dynoed soon. Triumph have got a beauty here! Gear changes silky smooth and nice even braking all help to make this a great ride!

Triumph
Mark B.Triumph

Hi Tal, would love to see so.e photos of you storm. Have you joined the Triumph Australia Facebook page?

Tal

Ah No...am in NZ...i will check it out tho...see what i can do...cheers

Tal

You can go to thunderbird 1600 forum....find my name under members and look at my photos in the album section...cheers

Tony kilmuurray aka Kill

Three months on

MarkIllawarra, NSW

My Review

Dave

Hopefully trading my XVS650 for a storm or commander this year . Thanks for the heads up . Very helpful as was wondering about the weight difference and power

Mark

Neat, the new models look good, it will be interesting to see how they are priced.

springcanadelaide south australia

Unbeliveble ride 2012 storm

I have had my storm for 6 months now . I have ran it in the way triumph say to. It has all the power and touque you need. I have fitted the shorty pipes witch give better performance and sound a deep growl. Brakes exellent. The seat could do with more padding on a long ride.
the price the power the acceleration
seat too hard needs more padding for long rides

a very powerful cruiser !

springcan

Where did you buy your gel seat upgrade ??

mick030

mick030shepparton

Hang on!

See all Triumph Thunderbird Storm reviews

shepp.

shepp.asked

Noise from bottom end cover engine R/H side when cold starting. 2012 model 14000KLM. Any ideas?

333Toni3
333Toni3

Hi, my 24.000 mile 2012 Storm sounds like its been hit with a hammer when starting from cold....but only from cold. l am still trying to find what is causing it but just letting you know yours isnt the only one.

loneyasked

gonna sound like a dumb question to some but here goes .... how many spark plugs are in a 2015 storm 1700?

OK. I found out. 4.

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hey I have a 2010 thunderbird with shorty pipes. Can the leather panniers be fitted with these pipes without heat affecting the panniers?
Thanks Geoff

Bull
Bull

I have custom pipes shorter than Triumph short pipes and no probs with my KLock bags

Get an answer from our members and Triumph representatives

CategoryCruiser Bikes