Tropical Lifestyle

Tropical Lifestyle (page 2 of 9)

Mick Off

Mick Off

Same as everyone else - Disappointed.

Hi, our story is very similar to those below, if not the same. Just a quick note to say we were contacted today by a "Tania" on behalf of Tropical Lifestyle Living and she advised that the company had been bought out by another company called "Accouter Pty Ltd". Accouter Pty Ltd apparently is going to honour all orders made to previous company. Tania pointed out that we still owed a further $1,500. She advised that upon receipt of that amount Accouter would honour the purchase and send us our gazebo. Has anyone else received a communication like this? Tania advised that we would receive an email tomorrow - 17 January 2016 - that will explain the new process. Watch this space.

CliveRobina

Where is Fair Trading, why are they not stopping this Rort?

Shirvaz

ShirvazMelbourne

TROPICAL NIGHTMARES!

Johanne. G.

Johanne. G.Green Point

Still waiting and waiting and waiting

Tropical Lifestyle is/was in Financial Trouble...Hopefully being bought out and existing deals honor

I think this company is a scam!!

Post sales/repair non existent

Bought a Bali hut. Roof 'malting' after only a couple of months and continuously for a year and makes a huge mess. Mud bugs coming loose. Result of poor roof manufacture and/or installation. Bali hut leaks as a result of mudbugs blowing off despite advertising at the time saying their huts survived cyclone Yasi. Company does not return calls or emails. If you do talk to a person from phone number obtained at purchase time, they direct you to send them email and then never reply. Local installer continuously complained about not being paid enough. Tried for months, including asking to speak with the manager, and had to give up.

Don't touch this company

These guys are Complete con artists and a sham!! They promise the world and deliver nothing. We are still chasing money from them as they left us with half a gazebo and consistently lied to us telling us it was on its way. Want money upfront and then you receive nothing. We ave had to get our own builders and finish it ourselves and are still fighting to get our money back. We will take legal action and our lawyers are now dealing with them as I want to make sure these people don't do business going forward. As the CEO of a law firm I will ensure these people do not get away with this again.
It's businesses like this that keep me in business however unfortunately for them the company and the staff have chosen the wrong family to rip off.

Take your money and get nothing

After ordering and paying for the materials in September, it took weeks of hounding before we saw the frame go up then further weeks of hounding to see the thatch arrive but the builder being too busy to install it. The Hut Man saved us by stepping in and taking time during the Xmas / New Year period to install the thatch. I would not recommend Tropical Lifestyle.

HannahAU

Do not go near this company!!!

The most disgusting, incompetent company I have dealt with. After paying $6400 deposit, they don't return emails or calls. Promised a hut 4 to 6 weeks before Christmas. Nothing!
This company has ruined our family Christmas. We have saved for this hut and have nothing to show. The other reviews show they take your money and you never hear from them again.
The only contact we have had is to tell us they have run out of materials. Really?? More like going broke! No decency to call or anything.
Have now taken legal action. Please if you are considering a hut, or any purchase through this company. Don't do it!!! Sweet talkers and will take your money. Absolutely disgraceful they are doing this to people.

Thankful that Airmaze is fulfilling order

Order currently being re-established by Airmaze. Hoping to have new deck soon!
Thank you Airmaze for all of your help

Nikki

Nikkisunshine coast

Are they trading whilst insolvent?? Be careful read reviews below before sending any money.

We have also been stung by the promise or installation by xmas however only if we paid CASH! After paying $3000 deposit we were advised we WON a competition for the Bali Hut. We have called for weeks and sent numerous emails to this what appears to be a shame company with no reply. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY OR ITS RELATED BRANDS!

Craig

CraigBrisbane

will not be installed for Xmas

Derek

DerekSunshine Coast

A company to stay well clear of.

I would give them 0 stars if I could

Find out how Tropical Lifestyle compares to other Garden Shops

Terrible service, will not follow up with issues

Tropical Lifestyle Living. Ordered a 6.5 x 3.5 Gazebo in May 2016. Received Council approval in July and confirmed with the company. Timber portion for the kit was finally delivered mid October 2016. Now 19 December and still have not received the roof Sheeting and gutter materials. Many emails and phone calls ignored whilst trying to get a confirmed delivery date. Project should have been finished by end of September 2016. Good product BAD company. Would not recommend this company to anyone. Wonder if the company has financial troubles?? Manager started to assist but seems as if I am too hard to deal with, probably think I will go away. Bad news for them I am instigating Legal action now in mid December.

Customer

CustomerBrisbane

They have lied to me again!! Beware of the SCAM. Took your money and never heard anything from them

Rethatched

My Bali hut was looking a bit tired and going a bit bald I contacted tropical life style as I had purchased my hut from them ten years ago The installation team arrived on time and did an excellent job of removing and replacing the thatch quickly and efficiently They cleaned up after them very pleasant to deal with Now my hut looks brand new

Steve

Steve

Unconscionable and misleading, should not be in business

Purchased a Koda kit that was apparently cut and simply waiting for roofing to be cut in late August, contract had delivery of 6 - 8 weeks and expected early November, apparently did not go 'into production' until end of September (what happened to the one that was already cut), with a further 8 weeks from that date placing it about now with still no word from them despite numerous emails including one back to the Owner in response to his email asking for feedback to which I also got NO response! Next stop is Office of Fair Trading, if I can't get the gazebo then I want all of my money refunded as I believe they have misled us in the first instance selling an item that was not truly available.

pud

pudAU

Months late.

Signed for gazebo to be built in August. Was to be built for dad's 60th on Halloween. Come end of November it still isn't completed. Shocking.

Keith

Keithasked

Are they still trading?

Hannah

They are still trying to get cash deposits and saying they will have your product. Dont go near them. Be aware to they own other companies. So check ABN's of other businesses.

Jonesy

I heard they went bankrupt, however are starting again with a new company name....dodgy as....

Silverthorn
Silverthorn

They've vacated the premises.

Cliveasked

Can you please tell me why people are paying and getting no Bali Hutt. Also why phones dont get answered. I am in middle of planning an outdoor venue at my house for a wedding. I am limited to cost and cannot afford to be left like these people. Can you please explain.

Clive

Im now convinced its a scam, BEWARE.

Stay well clear!

Jonesy

Hi, I heard they have gone bankrupt, but low and behold, they are starting again with a new company/business name. We just completed a Bali Hut kit for another of there clients who also paid in full.

Annaasked

Hi,
We were looking at Tropical Lifestyle as well and from your review, we now have reservations. Was the hut erected and by whom and what was the quality of the hut? Have you gone to consumer affairs re: the matter? Did tropical lifestyle come good with the problem in the end? I would appreciate a response from you, thanks
Liz

karen
karen

Hi Liz
we had a good experience with tropical lifestyle and the hut is quality.this was my review:

Thanks to the guys at tropical lifestyle, we have had our African reed hut installed just in time for this summer of 2015. We had a no hassle quick delivery and install, and thanks for the great advice on the bamboo screening, so pleased we followed it up it looks awesome. We are loving it already, but will come into its own when it gets hot hot hot.

Karen

Anna

Thank you for taking the time to reply and we are still investigating the whole scenario in having to get a permit, bali or african hut or other!
Thanks again