3.4

ColinHunter Region, NSW5 posts

Brad
BradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Criminals Plain and simple

Ordered and paid for replacement cover in November 2022. Countless excuses and lies that it would be ready. It's not because it doesn't exist. After finally promising a refund yesterday it has not come through and the phones are going straight to voicemail today.
Sadly I wish I'd read these reviews earlier. $2000 gone to dodgy fraudulent criminals.
I will be pursuing them legally. Show details
Colin S.
Colin S.

Tropicover - DODGY and UNSCRUPULOUS

Tried to purchase a replacement Umbrella Cover ($400) from them in November 2021. Nothing arrived by Christmas. Next to impossible to speak with, despite countless calls, texts, etc. In Feb/ Mar 2022, I was advised that they couldn't supply the product and that they would provide a refund - this only took about 50 attempted messages, phone calls, etc. Currently, October 2022 and no refund has been received - despite assurances (only via text of course) money will be paid. My best advice - run away - have nothing to do with them.
DODGY and UNSCRUPULOUS.
Merv and SandyMoama3 posts

Terrible after sales service

$3500 spent on umbrella winding wire broke sent photos would not honour warranty unless we sent parts back! Had all photos to prove what a disgrace! Actually used the f word at us in a text message. Cover top for umbrella does not survive hot temperatures have had to spend money and get a new top pit on it as the original one rotted away in three years. Ended up finding fault in manufacture of umbrella causing wire winding rope to break fixed that and brought new wire and attachment pieces from Bunnings all for $25 and three years later all still going well. Do not use this company very untrustworthy and extremely overpriced for what you get. Meant to be rated to 135 km wind no way at all is it!
hellobillie30
hellobillie30North Queensland, QLD

Absolutely appalling service

Umbrella broke after 2 years. Company won’t warrant it despite the fact it comes with 5 years warranty. Wish I had of seen other people’s horrifying reviews of this company to save me from being in tidy predicament. They also trade under outdoor lifestyle umbrella. Highly rude customer service.  Show details
Rae
RaeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

5 Year Warranty for umbrella cover only lasted 2 years

See pictures attached, the paint on the base plate Arrived already flaked, its packaging was damaged and a replacement strut was sent as one was damaged when I received it. When i inquired about the warranty the owner “ grumpy OB” was very rude and the first thing he said to me was “your not getting a new cover” end of conversation! This man kept avoiding my calls and his wife was the same pretending she was just a worker there. Rubbish product and rubbish people!! Show details
Anne Fraser
Anne FraserSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Tropicover   DM
Trish
TrishHunter Region, NSW7 posts

Shell and Trent
Shell and TrentCentral Queensland, QLD2 posts

Octagonal Model D50 Umbrella

We purchased the large octagonal umbrella from Aaron and Karen 2 years ago and recently purchased our second one for our pool, both times Aaron and Keren's service has been outstanding. The product is excellent and the help and customer service from Aaron and Keren we could not fault. We are really happy with our purchases. Show details ·  2
Sharon C.
Sharon C.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  • +2Thumbnail
Michael
Michael

This company steals from your credit card. Check all review sites including facebook, i'm not the only one

This company kept my credit card details after a small personal purchase and 6 months later falsely charged over $3000 to my card and promised to credit it back but never did. Do not buy from them they are criminals. Show details
Patrick
PatrickHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Exactly as ordered. Excellent quality, would recommend to any purchaser

An excellent product. Well engineered and produced. We bought two of the large octagonal umbrellas and couldn’t be happier. They make our pool area look perfectly finished. Tropicover should be proud of their product and are an example to any company hoping to succeed. Tropicover provide excellent service and are very courteous and patient and answered all our questions and queries. We would be happy to recommend Tropicover to anyone considering purchasing an shade umbrella for whatever reason. Show details ·  1
Trevor Kenneally
Trevor KenneallySydney, NSW3 posts

A well engineered umbrella

I have enjoyed a big black Tropicover umbrella for the past 6 years.It cranks up and down with ease and keeps the sun and rain at Bay. It is beautifully engineered by craftsmen In Queensland and puts every other brand that I’ve seen, well and truly in the shade Show details ·  1
Maria S
Maria SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Our garden looks amazing with the new umbrellas

We are very happy with the umbrellas and the work that was done ,they look absolutely fabulous ,thank you very much.The colours are great and our garden looks so good now. Show details ·  1
Andrew M
Andrew M

Fantastic after sales support

Purchased a tropicover umbrella 12 years ago. After many years of enjoyment looked at replacing it but couldn’t find anything else as good. Called the company who suggested just updating the canopy. Came out, serviced the frame and cables then installed a new canopy. Like brand new but much better value than replacing it Show details ·  1

Merv and Sandy

This morning my handle is just going round and round how do I get the umbrella up please?

Decko

Has anybody else had a bad experience with after sales service and warranty with this rude bloke who I presume is the owner of Tropicover?

Big bad Tups
Big bad Tups

I was blown away at his agressiveness, which lead me to look up reviews...and guess what, it seems everyone has had the same experience!

Decko

Thanks for your feedback Saul. It seems to me everybody who deals with Tropicover has the same opinion, if your ever dare have a warranty claim with this company you are going to be very disappointed with the outcome.

Another victim
Another victim

They are thieves Decko. Don't deal with them.

Decko

Hi, my Tropicover has ended up in my pool due to a very obvious fratigue of the main rear arm top linkage. Its has completely sheared off. Please advise....04000 18006. Declan in Macgregor Brisbane.

iwantgoodproducts
iwantgoodproducts

Well contact the manufacturers for a replacement part quote. I doubt the commercial quality that it is advertised as. How old is it?