True Value Homes Questions & Answers

23 questions from our users

Lillian

Lillianasked

I have land in my backyard for a second home. Please contact me to discuss what your company can do for us to build a new home. Thanks.

Hi Lilian,

Thank you for contacting TVH. Can you please see us an email to info@truevaluehomes.com.au with your name, number, address and any details you wish to include and I will get one of the sales consultants to give you a call :)

TVH Customer Care Team

Meryl J.

Meryl J.asked

Hi,
Do you have house and land packages on the sunshine coast?

Hi Meryl J,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately we do not build outside of Victoria. We wish you all the best :)

Frank

Frankasked

Do you build town houses in sunshine. Do you do full turnkey development including plans

Hi Frank,

Thank for you for enquiry. Please contact us at info@truevaluehomes.com.au with your details and we will get one of the sales consultants to help you :)

IUKB

IUKBasked

Hi I am trying to go ahead with TVH to build a house for me but I am just wondering if I can go to the colour studio to see what is on offer.

Hi IUKB,

Thank for you for your query, and I apologise for the delay.

As we are currently under stage 4 restrictions in VIC, all our colour appointments are done virtually. Having said that, once the restrictions ease, you may do a quick walk through with your sales consultant (on the approval of our office manager).

To find out more, please contact us at info@truevaluehomes.com.au with your details and I will ensure one of our friendly sales consultants to give you a call :)

Per

Perasked

Do you quote on building based on our plans and planning permit?

Hi Per,

Thanks for your question and I sincerely apologise for the delay.

Currently we are running a promotion that includes a 12 month price freeze, so get in quick before the offer ends.
In regards to a fee, our structure is simple it is the lesser of $1000 per month or the then current retail build price.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@truevaluehomes.com.au

Sudin

Sudinasked

Does TVH offer a price freeze like other builders?
Also what is the fee if the land title is delayed and the contract surpasses one year?

Hi SID,

Thank you for contacting True Value Homes. We offer a one year lock in contract :)
If there are delays, the price can vary from project to project. Our friendly sales consultant will be able to guide you through. Please give us a call on 8390 1233 or email info@truevaluehomes.com.au

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. Have a great day.

Iva I,

Farhadasked

Hi,
How come you do not do any partial refund if someone had to cancel their tender due to unavoidable circumstance before signing the contract? I lost my full deposit of $4000 just because my land title was delayed for three years and I only had my intial sales and colour consultation done with you? Most of the builders will deposit some amount back even when it says the initial deposit is non-refundable?
It's really sad that I had no choice to go ahead with you because you were asking for $500 every month delay but surely you have not done any such work (couple of design changes, 3 hours colour consultation sitting in one small table, one visit to one of your client's site) to claim the whole deposit amount.

Hello Farhad,
Thank you for your enquiry.
As you were aware, placing a new home order and paying a total of $4000 for a custom home design was and always has been a non-refundable fee. The new home order was placed on the premise that your land was to title within a 12-month period as the total price was subject to a 12-month price hold. Any further months were to be charged accordingly, as True Value Homes cannot hold the home price indefinitely awaiting land title, which is beyond the builder’s control. This was clearly documented and signed when the new home order was placed. Costs incurred by producing full custom design architectural drawings based on client requests and changes alone well exceeds the amount deposited.
If you wish to discuss further, please contact our Customer Support Team.
Have a great day.

Farhad

I did contact your Customer Support Team, in fact, reached straight to one of your directors and even took help of a lawyer, but you kept on saying the same answer. The deposit of $4000 was taken in two installments - First $2000 I can understand you took it for intial consultation, designing, colour consultation but I still do not understand what you have used the second $2000 for. Both me and my wife were new to this country at that time and had no clue about building. Anyone with minimal sense of today's market can clearly tell that it should not cost more than $2000 for all the work you have done. I know I have lost my money but at least by writing this publicly people should think twice before signing up with you.

Jamo
Jamo

Thanks for heads up. Currently evaluating builders for our project. Not on my list to contact now

Shanaka K

Shanaka Kasked

Do you guys build in donnybrook ?

Hello Shanaka,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes, we do build in Donnybrook, which is within our zone 2.

Please see below for our current build zone map for your perusal:

If you wish to be contacted, please send through your details to info@truevaluehomes.com.au and one of our friendly consultants will be able to assist you further on your enquiry.

Customer Care Team

Rana W

Rana Wasked

Hello, do you build in North Melbourne? Bacchus marsh, diggers rest or woodend?

Hello Rana,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Here is our up to date current build zone map.

Further to your enquiry, if you wish to send through your details to info@truevaluehomes.com.au one of our friendly consultants will assist you.

Customer Care Team

Ida D

Ida Dasked

Do you build at warragul?

Hello Ida D,

Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately, this area is outside our current build zone.

Sorry we couldn't be of further assistance.

Have a great day.

True value Customer Care Team.

Jen

Jenasked

Do you guys build in mernda?

Hello Jen,

Thank you for your enquiry. Yes, we do build in Mernda. If you would like to send your contact details through to info@truevaluehomes.com.au and one of our friendly knowledgeable New Home Consultants will assist you further.

Thank you and have a great day.

Dianne van der velde

Dianne van der veldeasked

Hello, I have a design created by Harvan Design in Pakenham that I would like to have quoted.
It is going through council at the moment and in the process of getting quotes.
I do have a copy of plans that are being submitted through council at the moment if you can quote from this?
Where are you based I am impressed by your reviews?
Warm regards
Dianne van der Velde [contact detail removed]

Hello Dianne,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please send your full enquiry including supporting documentation through to info@truevaluehomes.com.au and one of our friendly team will be in touch to discuss this further.

TVH Customer Care Team

mega

megaasked

which of your designs/series has the biggest/most suitable roof area for solar panels?

Hi Mega,

Thank you for your enquiry. All our home designs incorporate a 22.5 degree pitch roof which is suitable for solar panels, however the orientation of the home design on your land will determine a suitable roof area for maximum solar efficiency. An example of this would be if you chose a 35sq single storey home design with a very large roof area, however true north is towards the front of the home where the roof area is the smallest, thus decreasing the area suitable for solar panels.

If your looking for a home design based on the biggest roof area for solar panel placement, I would suggest you make sure your land is facing east or west and that way the largest roof section of the home always faces the sun during the hottest parts of the day (i.e north). A general rule of thumb is; the larger the home size (m² or sqs), the larger the roof area. So in answering your question, any home design from 25sqs (232m²) upwards would be our best suggestion. Our Claremont Series is the perfect fit.

We hope we have explain everything in answering your question.

If you are after any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team at info@truevaluehomes.com.au.

Customer Support

Vyshak A

Vyshak Aasked

Do you build custom homes?

Hello Vyshak A,

Thank you for your enquiry. We allow modifications to our standard home designs but not full custom homes.

I hope this helps and if you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact us on info@truevaluehomes.com.au or call 1300 438 825.

True Value Customer Care Team

Sudin

Sudinasked

Has anyone built the Madison design? Just needed some feedback on the house design and space. Thanks

Anwar H
Anwar H

I am also interested in knowing more about this.
Concerning is price at this stage :) for a 18.8sq it's going over 260000.

Ricky

Rickyasked

Do you guys build in Geelong ?

Hi Ricky,
Yes, True Value Homes do build in the Geelong, Surf Coast and Bellarine areas. Please contact myself, Mark Barrett, Business Manager on 0499888208 or via email mark@truevaluehomes.com.au. for any further information or visit one of our display villages. Our website www.truevaluehomes.com.au will give you insight into our Company and our product range.

Thankyou for your inquiry from all of our team at True Value Homes

Diviasked

Hi, has anyone built with TVH recently? We're considering them for a custom design and my wife thinks the fact that everyone has given them 5 star reviews is a bit fishy. We visited their display homes and they haven't dolled up their houses like every other volume builder. As far as quality is concerned, all the builders use best quality products in their display homes.

Also, do they have enough upgraded options like henley or porter davis?

Hi Divi,

Thank you for your enquiry.
We have earned our flawless reviews because everyone of our team members work hard to produce homes that exceed our customer expectations. Our product reviews are real and were left by clients that have experienced the True Value difference. All our reviews are verified and that means that a building permit number was given when the review was written. Client's that choose to build with us do so because they can see a difference not only in the quality of our homes but also the customer service they receive right from the start. I am sure one of our previous or current clients can answer your concerns further.

True Value Homes Customer Support

SK.
SK.

I'd highly recommend TVH. All the 5-star reviews got me at first too, but after having built with them I know why that is the case.
Just so you know when I signed off my building contract with TVH I was a bit skeptical too because they're a mid sized builder and I didn't know what to expect, but the plan we liked was with TVH so we thought we should give it a go... and surprisingly they were outstanding in their service and professionalism... I have other friends who built in the same estate with other builders(I won't name any names in public domain), but their experience hasn't been the same! On the other hand, we had no issues at all.
We always got updates on time, there was great communication, project was delivered on time... we also had to make some changes midway and TVH were very co-operative with it.
You won't give them any other rating, but 5-stars for all the effort they put in!!!

TVH might not be the cheapest upfront, but you'll find that the value you get eventually will make them quite competitive. The selection range for options for stone benches, taps, bricks etc is huge in the standard inclusions so you'll find that you wont really need to upgrade much. Moreover, their service tops everything else.

Anyway, we're just about to get our 3 months maintenance done next week and there's hardly anything that needs to be done, therefore the workmanship has been outstanding!! My recommendation would be to not even think twice, proceed with TVH they'll build you a wonderful home!!!

Feel free to ping me if you need to talk to me on mobile.

Liliana R

Liliana Rasked

Do you build home in Wyndham Vale/Manor Lakes area?

Hi Liliana,
Thank you for your enquiry. Yes we do. We have built many homes in the Wyndham Vale/ Manor Lakes and we would like to help you further. Please send your enquiry through to info@truevaluehomes.com.au and one of our friendly consultants will help you with a fixed price build cost on your land.

True Value Homes Customer Support

Jalpa

Jalpaasked

Does it include developer requirement in standard inclusion of tvh ??
Thanks in advance .

True Value Homes A.True Value Homes

Good afternoon Jalpa, thank you for your enquiry.

Our standard inclusions do include majority of items that developers require, however our Advantage Plus range inclusions meet most if not all developer requirements. If you would like to further your enquiry and speak with one of our experienced consultants on this matter or any further questions you may have please send your enquiry through to info@truevaluehomes.com.au

Thank you and we hope to assist you further in building your future together.
True Value Customer care team

Grace M

Grace Masked

Do TVH do house extension?

Mckinlays
Mckinlays

Not sure, Contact Michael Marketing Manager mobile - 0421 962 929
email – michael@truevaluehomes.com.au

Hi Grace,

Unfortunately, we don't offer this service.

Regards