Tyredog 4 Wheel WTPMS TD-1000A-X

Tyredog 4 Wheel WTPMS TD-1000A-X

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyredog 4 Wheel WTPMS TD-1000A-X? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2
Greg L
Greg Ladelaide

2 sensors failed just out of warranty

I would not bother with this system as replacement sensors, and you will definitely need them, are around $80 posted. Am not going to keep replacing faulty sensors. The pressure monitor element failed in both cases.

Oli T.
Oli T.South East Queensland, QLD

Avoid dealing with Zylux their Aus importer

ordered the unit a few years back, the monitor holding bracket broke very quickly as cheap plastic. then recently one of the orings has now worn in the sensor and zylux wont sell a new oring - rather they insist you buy a hole new unit for $70!

Purchased in January 2016 at zylux for $400.00.

Other Car Accessories

Disgusted
DisgustedSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Zylux. the importer, should be closed down

A month ago I sent a Tyredog back for warranty repair or replace. The unit was faulty out of the box. After a month I have had nothing but excuses from the importer. Update - finally received a replacement display unit - they sent a secondhand one with the same fault!

Purchased in October 2019 at Outback Equipment for $600.00.

Don't bother

I received the unit and one of the sensors wasn't working. It was immediately replaced by the place I bought it from.
I then started on my trip around Australia. Within a week another sensor had stopped working. Within 2 months I had only one sensor working and it was constantly cutting out. I ditched the entire system and went for an arb internal kit. Cost twice as much but it is a lot better quality.

Car Accessories

Find out how Tyredog 4 Wheel WTPMS TD-1000A-X compares to other Car Accessories

ZdendaAU

It makes a big difference from where you buy them

Trance29
Trance29asked

Hi, We are considering purchasing this product,but our tyre pressures are higher than the recommended for this particular model. Are you pleased with your purchase.? Where did you find further info about them? Yours was the only review we found. Thanks for your help.

Zdenda

We are serious 4WDrivers driving and bush-bashing thru most remote areas of Australian Outback and deserts. We drive almost always solo (one vehicle) in Toyota Troop Carrier 2009 V-8/80series with 1month out of civilization set-up. We drive on Micky Thompson LT265/75R16 Baja MTZ tyres and Sunraysia rims.
Off road always on lowed tyre pressure, to avoid punctures, in sand and mud even lower to avoid bogging, but on bitumen of cause on normal prescribed pressure for these particular tyres.
Before purchasing any monitor, I would contact seller or manufacturer of the particular tyres and ask about compatibility of tyre monitor suitable for these tyres, as there are few different types of monitors on market.

Zdenda

I sincerely hope, I helped you in making decision.
Difference in between buying from Aussie shop and Ebay is that Ebay’s monitors are made in Taiwan not in China.
There is actually very, very important thing to know before installation!
Get your self stainless-steal valves (stems)! With definite certainty you will beat the sensor’s to death if they remain on flexible rubber valves for extended period of time.
Ps. we actually bashed two sensors to death on back of our 4WD so well, valves bashed paint off and made little ripple the rims steal.
Cheers Zdenda