Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

John W.
John W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New Salt and Cider Vinegar - Underwhelming

The NEW flavour seems very mild, good crunchy chip, but lacks punchy flavour. Only purchased as they were on special at Cokes for $2.50, would definitely not pay $4+ for them

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

rjsant
rjsantSydney, NSW

Almost doubled in price?

These were the only chips we used to purchase as they were not heavily salted. I buy them every week however when I went to buy them a couple of weeks ago they had jumped in price from $2.70 to $4.50. How can they justify this? I won’t be buying them again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Kirrawee.

Ranee
RaneeSydney, NSW

Korma chips beautiful

I love these chips why doesn't coles sell them they are perfect not too hot taste is so nice but these chips are not stocked in every shop please make them more available

Purchased in May 2019 at WOOLWORTHS for $3.00.

Tigerains
TigerainsCraigmore

Cost increase

Very disappointed to see the price increase from $2.70 to $4.50 in a matter of weeks. How can this be justified?
Sorry you have now lost very loyal customers to other chip suppliers.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Tyrells Sea Salt & Vinegar

The best potato chips i have ever tasted. You can taste the real potato and its crispiness is superb. The flavor is so good. The taste of vinegar is perfect compared to other brands. I like it and love this product. Keep up the good taste and the good quality of your products.Thank you and more power to you Tyrell's.

Purchased in June 2019 at From a friend. for $4.00.

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Korma!

I've liked Tyrrell's from the start, when they were first made in the UK.
I felt they weren't as good when they started making them here but they are still my favourite.
The new "curry night korma" is really nice. I like that their chips aren't over saturated in flavour and salt and it's just the right amount.

Purchased in February 2019 for $2.70.

Bon bon
Bon bonAroona

Literally the best chips ever

Everyone needs to know about these chips they taste so different to any other packet crisps......they taste real!! I eat way to many of these because they are delish

Mediocre

The texture is amazing, too bad the "nature cheddar cheese and chive" only taste like salty crisps. So pretty much flavourless

Terrible

Tasted like wheat bix. Very disappointing and they should be illegal as far as I'm concerned. they also shouldnt be called crisps, they are chips.

Delicious.

I don't eat potatoes chips much, that was until I discovered Tyrrells lightly salted Crisps, now I hope they are not on special when I am shopping because I will eat the whole packet myself..

Susan
SusanSydney

Terrible Quality Control and terrible Customer Service

suz
suzPerth, WA

Tyrells Chips

I LOVE these chips, they are the only ones I buy. Nice thick chips with less salt than any other chips I've ever eaten and they are so tasty. I recently purchased some Tyrells Worcester Sauce ones which were on clearance @ Coles, when I went back to buy more they had all gone :( they were absolutely delicious. <3 I don't know why they were on clearance!

Russell
RussellMoe

OMG

The best crisps I have ever tasted. Won me over kettle chips. So crunchy and not shy on the flavour

Marcotic
MarcoticPerth

New flavours suck

The plain, W. Sauce and sweet chilli flavours were amazing, the new curry flavour and other new one I quickly forgot were over flavoured and kind of gross. The original flavours don't seem to be on the shelf now?!?! Do all good things have to come to an end?

Owen
OwenAdelaide

Why would you change the recipe?

Just bought a bag of salt and vinegar chips as they have always been the best SnV available. First bite and something tasted weird. Looked at the packet and saw "great" new taste on the bag. Very disappointed, used to be soo sooo good but now they taste nothing like real salt and vinegar. They are not appetising at all and I do not recommend buying them please go back to the old recipe it was perfect!! And I will buy again :)

Addicted to these!

These chips are absolutely wonderful and I am addicted to them. I can't believe there are people who have given them less than five stars. I think I need to join "Chips anonymous". Is there such support out there for an addict? I don't drink much and I managed to stop smoking a few years ago, but trying to give up Tyrrell's plain chips with sea salt is a challenge of a different magnitude. Take care or you may get hooked like me.

Best on the market

Best chips on the market. The way chips should be made skin on and mild flavours so you can actually taste the potatoes. All natural ingredients made in the Yarra Valley all good. Some of the negative comments are ridiculous. Go buy smiths you communist robots. Even Kettle and Red Rock loose there potatoe flavour with there oily see through chips.

Disappointed

Disappointed we love our Tyrrells plain chips but tonight lack of salt something has changed shame probably won’t purchase them anymore

It was so perfect.... :'(

Last day, as always, I bought Tyrrell's and it wasnt as it used to be. They were too thin, too salty and I couldn't see the skin of the potato. Those three characteristics were the reason I loved Tyrrell's. So, I will never by your product anymore if nothing changes.

Please come back to what you used to do.

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Thaleia
ThaleiaCoffs Harbour

Way too salty

I bought these chips because they state ‘lightly salted’ on the pack. They are the saltiest chips I think I’ve ever had. I thought maybe it was just my packet, but others here say the same. First time ever I will bin uneaten chips. I just can’t eat something so salty.

Mrs. Jones
Mrs. Jones

What's happened to them?

When these crisps first came to Aust they were beautiful! ......non greasy, hardly any salt (that was their special selling point)! .........Delicious! Now they are often greasy and far too salty and often have burnt edges. I used to purchase many at a time (when they were on special) but now have changed to other chips. They are definitely not cooked the same way as they used to be. Often the oil tastes a bit rancid and not fresh at all. These chips now seem to need regular quality control. They are still beautiful in the UK and France though.

Anthony Duin
Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper Chips - Best on market

I found the sweet chilli and red pepper chips to be the best new chip to hit the market after having sampled many varieties over the years. I was shattered when they appeared to no longer being made. Then today at Woolies they were there ! Happy days ! Give them a try - even my fussy nutritionist daughter gave them a big thumbs up.

Tony
TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso