Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 3 of 4)

Thaleia

ThaleiaCoffs Harbour

Way too salty

I bought these chips because they state ‘lightly salted’ on the pack. They are the saltiest chips I think I’ve ever had. I thought maybe it was just my packet, but others here say the same. First time ever I will bin uneaten chips. I just can’t eat something so salty.

Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

What's happened to them?

When these crisps first came to Aust they were beautiful! ......non greasy, hardly any salt (that was their special selling point)! .........Delicious! Now they are often greasy and far too salty and often have burnt edges. I used to purchase many at a time (when they were on special) but now have changed to other chips. They are definitely not cooked the same way as they used to be. Often the oil tastes a bit rancid and not fresh at all. These chips now seem to need regular quality control. They are still beautiful in the UK and France though.

Anthony Duin

Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper Chips - Best on market

I found the sweet chilli and red pepper chips to be the best new chip to hit the market after having sampled many varieties over the years. I was shattered when they appeared to no longer being made. Then today at Woolies they were there ! Happy days ! Give them a try - even my fussy nutritionist daughter gave them a big thumbs up.

Tony

TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Gaz T

Gaz TBrisbane

so good I'm trying to find them in Northen Rivers NSW

Tried the lightly sea salted plain crisps
found a fantastic flavour, super crispness and great packaging.
No broken waste at the end of the bag... Really a lightly salted less oily option.
FAR better than Smiths or the others on offer
looking for retailers in my area right now 11.3.18

Finally....they are at Coles Yamba... too good!!!! 5.5.18

Paulz

PaulzCanberra

GMO warning

The taste is terrible, chips are now made using Atlantic Gm potatoes.
also cooked in Gm oils.
No Thanks you can keep them

cindy

cindyMelbourne

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh. I feel I am torturing my tongue to eat them and eventually I throw them away.
First time in my life that i feel the need to write a comment on chips. I was that much disappointed.

Glen41

Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Laura

LauraAustralia

Good ingredients and taste

I'm a big fan that these are cooked in sunflower oil instead of soybean/canola, and also that natural flavour and apple powder is used instead of flavour enhancer 621 (MSG) found in a lot of other chip brands. They aren't overwhelmingly sour or salty, and don't make you excessively thirsty. The veggie crisps need some improvement, though. Every time I buy them the beetroot is burnt, making it very bitter.

The best chips ever!!! Howwww

My favourite is the sea salt and cider vinegar but I've tried most of the flavours and they're all bomb. I love how the sea salt and cider vinegar chips tastes like an actual hot potato chip with the squeezy bottle vinegar you'd get at a deli. It has a more honest flavour that doesn't taste as artificial as your other chip brands. The shape and bubbles in the chip are amazingly satisfying. I like that there's still the potato rind on the edges to add to the crunch.

Tony

TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

KIngfood

KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great chips

Less oily. Great crunch. Right amount of salt. these are how chips should taste. Even better than Kettle. I know my chips and these are up their with the best.

all chips

Absolutely beautiful not to salty I personally think they are better than kettle and red rock will recommend to anyone

ausGeoff

ausGeoffGippsland, VIC

Best Chips in Australia!

Overcooked and horrible taste

Disappointing. Purchased from Woolworth on special. Worst tasting chips I have ever had, I suspect they were over cooked in old oil.

Ken

KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Delicious! Flavourful and interesting with varying potato varieties, and not too salty!

Glad to have anice option with only 220mg/110gm of sodium, well less than half of many other chip brands. Highly recommended!

Just buy a bag salad instead

It will have a lot more flavor, and will save you the disappointment of biting into these tasteless crisps of disappointment.

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso