Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 3 of 4)

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Gaz T
Gaz TBrisbane

so good I'm trying to find them in Northen Rivers NSW

Tried the lightly sea salted plain crisps
found a fantastic flavour, super crispness and great packaging.
No broken waste at the end of the bag... Really a lightly salted less oily option.
FAR better than Smiths or the others on offer
looking for retailers in my area right now 11.3.18

Finally....they are at Coles Yamba... too good!!!! 5.5.18

Paulz
PaulzCanberra

GMO warning

The taste is terrible, chips are now made using Atlantic Gm potatoes.
also cooked in Gm oils.
No Thanks you can keep them

cindy
cindyMelbourne

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh. I feel I am torturing my tongue to eat them and eventually I throw them away.
First time in my life that i feel the need to write a comment on chips. I was that much disappointed.

Glen41
Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Laura
LauraAustralia

Good ingredients and taste

I'm a big fan that these are cooked in sunflower oil instead of soybean/canola, and also that natural flavour and apple powder is used instead of flavour enhancer 621 (MSG) found in a lot of other chip brands. They aren't overwhelmingly sour or salty, and don't make you excessively thirsty. The veggie crisps need some improvement, though. Every time I buy them the beetroot is burnt, making it very bitter.

The best chips ever!!! Howwww

My favourite is the sea salt and cider vinegar but I've tried most of the flavours and they're all bomb. I love how the sea salt and cider vinegar chips tastes like an actual hot potato chip with the squeezy bottle vinegar you'd get at a deli. It has a more honest flavour that doesn't taste as artificial as your other chip brands. The shape and bubbles in the chip are amazingly satisfying. I like that there's still the potato rind on the edges to add to the crunch.

Tony
TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

KIngfood
KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great chips

Less oily. Great crunch. Right amount of salt. these are how chips should taste. Even better than Kettle. I know my chips and these are up their with the best.

all chips

Absolutely beautiful not to salty I personally think they are better than kettle and red rock will recommend to anyone

ausGeoff
ausGeoffGippsland, VIC

Best Chips in Australia!

Overcooked and horrible taste

Disappointing. Purchased from Woolworth on special. Worst tasting chips I have ever had, I suspect they were over cooked in old oil.

Ken
KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Delicious! Flavourful and interesting with varying potato varieties, and not too salty!

Glad to have anice option with only 220mg/110gm of sodium, well less than half of many other chip brands. Highly recommended!

Other Chips

Just buy a bag salad instead

It will have a lot more flavor, and will save you the disappointment of biting into these tasteless crisps of disappointment.

Veg Crisps - bitter beetroot

I purchased the Veg Crisps from Coles and found the carrot and parsnip to be quite nice, but all of the beetroot is very bitter and has a pretty unpleasant taste.

Indahim
IndahimBrisbane

Burnt chips

I bought 120 gm Tyrrells hand cooked veg crisps from coles and disappointed to see all the beet root chips were all burnt and had bitter tastes. How can Tyrrells not able to cook this properly. It shouldn't enter the market!! I can cook better chips than them .

Mel
MelNorth Queensland, QLD

Mature cheddar

Crunch Crunch Crunch.. amazing!!!! the best chips i have ever tasted... just like chips should be!! Just the right taste and very light . Not a heavy greasy chip... yummy

Vegetable chips far too salty

I have always enjoyed the potato chips because they are not too salty but I purchased the vegetable chips today and find them far too salty to eat. I am extremely disappointed that something that should be healthy is so heavily salted.

Holly
HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How chips should be made.

I'm in love with the mature cheddar flavour. Some chips are really greasy and give you a bit of indigestion - not these ones. They're just the right amount of crunchy and salty. They really do taste like they're homemade. I didn't give a 5 star rating purely because they're quite expensive. But you definitely get what you pay for. I always buy a few packets when they're on special.

I think they are the best chips in Australia. The sea salt and the cider vinegar are awesome. They look and taste home made. Nothing else on the market compares. I wait for them to be on special as they are quite expensive.

Jen
JenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was expecting a lot more

After seeing these flogged to death on I'm a Celebrity I bought two packets from Coles at $4.50 each. Sorry I wasted my money. Bad oil taste, no salt and all burnt around the edges and really small. Yuck.

Best on the market

Best chips in Australia hands down. Don't get heart burn like you do with kettle. Amazing flavour. Perfectly salted perRFect thickness can't even compare with smiths they wouldn't even be a contender. Salt and vinegar is just amazing they all are.

Best crisps ever

Delicious. Not too oily or salty. So many chips are too salty. You can taste the potato. I paid $3.99 for a 165 gram pack at local IGA which I think is reasonable.

Caz
CazSydney

Nice Chips

I've tried all brands and I like the lightly salted chips the best, they have less salt than other brands and not much oil on my fingers after eating them. I picked up some packets this week at Woolies for $3.00 for 165g pack. They need to be regularly on sale or the full price permanently reduced as they are too expensive for me otherwise.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso