Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 4 of 4)

Veg Crisps - bitter beetroot

I purchased the Veg Crisps from Coles and found the carrot and parsnip to be quite nice, but all of the beetroot is very bitter and has a pretty unpleasant taste.

Indahim

IndahimBrisbane

Burnt chips

I bought 120 gm Tyrrells hand cooked veg crisps from coles and disappointed to see all the beet root chips were all burnt and had bitter tastes. How can Tyrrells not able to cook this properly. It shouldn't enter the market!! I can cook better chips than them .

Mel

MelNorth Queensland, QLD

Mature cheddar

Crunch Crunch Crunch.. amazing!!!! the best chips i have ever tasted... just like chips should be!! Just the right taste and very light . Not a heavy greasy chip... yummy

Chips

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

Vegetable chips far too salty

I have always enjoyed the potato chips because they are not too salty but I purchased the vegetable chips today and find them far too salty to eat. I am extremely disappointed that something that should be healthy is so heavily salted.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How chips should be made.

I'm in love with the mature cheddar flavour. Some chips are really greasy and give you a bit of indigestion - not these ones. They're just the right amount of crunchy and salty. They really do taste like they're homemade. I didn't give a 5 star rating purely because they're quite expensive. But you definitely get what you pay for. I always buy a few packets when they're on special.

I think they are the best chips in Australia. The sea salt and the cider vinegar are awesome. They look and taste home made. Nothing else on the market compares. I wait for them to be on special as they are quite expensive.

Jen

JenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was expecting a lot more

After seeing these flogged to death on I'm a Celebrity I bought two packets from Coles at $4.50 each. Sorry I wasted my money. Bad oil taste, no salt and all burnt around the edges and really small. Yuck.

Best on the market

Best chips in Australia hands down. Don't get heart burn like you do with kettle. Amazing flavour. Perfectly salted perRFect thickness can't even compare with smiths they wouldn't even be a contender. Salt and vinegar is just amazing they all are.

Best crisps ever

Delicious. Not too oily or salty. So many chips are too salty. You can taste the potato. I paid $3.99 for a 165 gram pack at local IGA which I think is reasonable.

Chips

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

Caz

CazSydney

Nice Chips

I've tried all brands and I like the lightly salted chips the best, they have less salt than other brands and not much oil on my fingers after eating them. I picked up some packets this week at Woolies for $3.00 for 165g pack. They need to be regularly on sale or the full price permanently reduced as they are too expensive for me otherwise.

Stale?

I'm not sure what's going on here but the Tyrell salt and cider vinegar chips tastes stale..we only just purchased them today. They were half price at Coles though...so that could be why

mojohee

mojoheeCroydon

Love these chips however..

These chips are exactly how I like them particularly as they are lightly salted, all other chips are too heavily salted for my taste. However why so highly priced? At my local Coles this week they were asking Aud$4.50 for a 150g pack - totally unwarranted, they won't be on the shelves for too long at this price, will go the way of Kettle's chunky cut which were cleared from my local supermarkets recently because of the same issue -OVERPRICED!

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso