Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

Craig

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

AG P.

AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

JohnJ

JohnJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why Crinkle Cut?

I loved Tyrrell's mature cheddar chips and accidentally bought the cheddar cheese and chives crinkle cut chips, they are not nearly as good, why on earth would they change to crinkle cut, such a shame to try to improve on perfection.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Vvv

VvvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why crinkle cut!?! It's dismal

The cheddar and chive chips were my absolute all-time favourite chip. I'll eat no other... if a bag was open near me it'd be empty after ten minutes. Imagine my shock when I saw they were replaced with a crinkle-cut variety! Bought them because it's about the flavour, not the potato - merely a vector - right? Wrong. The crinkle cut shape fails to hold the flavour well and most of the chips in the packet barely had a hint of cheddar. For the price, never again. Such a shame because they were truly excellent chips before the change. That's one way to stop me from snacking, I suppose?

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

zurizuri

zurizuri

Ok chips but very small and money goes overseas

These chips taste ok but they are often very small. I like that they use Australian potatoes BUT it is not an Australian owned company so that means all the profits get sent overseas. Small chips and profits don’t stay in Australia means I won’t be buying them again. Support Australian made, Australian OWNED!!

Purchased in June 2020.

John W.

John W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New Salt and Cider Vinegar - Underwhelming

The NEW flavour seems very mild, good crunchy chip, but lacks punchy flavour. Only purchased as they were on special at Cokes for $2.50, would definitely not pay $4+ for them

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Mediocre

The texture is amazing, too bad the "nature cheddar cheese and chive" only taste like salty crisps. So pretty much flavourless

Disappointed

Disappointed we love our Tyrrells plain chips but tonight lack of salt something has changed shame probably won’t purchase them anymore

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Tony

TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Tony

TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

Ken

KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Veg Crisps - bitter beetroot

I purchased the Veg Crisps from Coles and found the carrot and parsnip to be quite nice, but all of the beetroot is very bitter and has a pretty unpleasant taste.

Jen

JenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was expecting a lot more

After seeing these flogged to death on I'm a Celebrity I bought two packets from Coles at $4.50 each. Sorry I wasted my money. Bad oil taste, no salt and all burnt around the edges and really small. Yuck.

Stale?

I'm not sure what's going on here but the Tyrell salt and cider vinegar chips tastes stale..we only just purchased them today. They were half price at Coles though...so that could be why

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso