Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

AG P.

AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

zurizuri

zurizuri

Ok chips but very small and money goes overseas

These chips taste ok but they are often very small. I like that they use Australian potatoes BUT it is not an Australian owned company so that means all the profits get sent overseas. Small chips and profits don’t stay in Australia means I won’t be buying them again. Support Australian made, Australian OWNED!!

Purchased in June 2020.

John W.

John W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New Salt and Cider Vinegar - Underwhelming

The NEW flavour seems very mild, good crunchy chip, but lacks punchy flavour. Only purchased as they were on special at Cokes for $2.50, would definitely not pay $4+ for them

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Marcotic

MarcoticPerth

New flavours suck

The plain, W. Sauce and sweet chilli flavours were amazing, the new curry flavour and other new one I quickly forgot were over flavoured and kind of gross. The original flavours don't seem to be on the shelf now?!?! Do all good things have to come to an end?

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Anthony Duin

Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

Tony

TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Glen41

Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Laura

LauraAustralia

Good ingredients and taste

I'm a big fan that these are cooked in sunflower oil instead of soybean/canola, and also that natural flavour and apple powder is used instead of flavour enhancer 621 (MSG) found in a lot of other chip brands. They aren't overwhelmingly sour or salty, and don't make you excessively thirsty. The veggie crisps need some improvement, though. Every time I buy them the beetroot is burnt, making it very bitter.

Tony

TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

KIngfood

KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great chips

Less oily. Great crunch. Right amount of salt. these are how chips should taste. Even better than Kettle. I know my chips and these are up their with the best.

Ken

KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How chips should be made.

I'm in love with the mature cheddar flavour. Some chips are really greasy and give you a bit of indigestion - not these ones. They're just the right amount of crunchy and salty. They really do taste like they're homemade. I didn't give a 5 star rating purely because they're quite expensive. But you definitely get what you pay for. I always buy a few packets when they're on special.

Jen

JenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was expecting a lot more

After seeing these flogged to death on I'm a Celebrity I bought two packets from Coles at $4.50 each. Sorry I wasted my money. Bad oil taste, no salt and all burnt around the edges and really small. Yuck.

Caz

CazSydney

Nice Chips

I've tried all brands and I like the lightly salted chips the best, they have less salt than other brands and not much oil on my fingers after eating them. I picked up some packets this week at Woolies for $3.00 for 165g pack. They need to be regularly on sale or the full price permanently reduced as they are too expensive for me otherwise.

Stale?

I'm not sure what's going on here but the Tyrell salt and cider vinegar chips tastes stale..we only just purchased them today. They were half price at Coles though...so that could be why

mojohee

mojoheeCroydon

Love these chips however..

These chips are exactly how I like them particularly as they are lightly salted, all other chips are too heavily salted for my taste. However why so highly priced? At my local Coles this week they were asking Aud$4.50 for a 150g pack - totally unwarranted, they won't be on the shelves for too long at this price, will go the way of Kettle's chunky cut which were cleared from my local supermarkets recently because of the same issue -OVERPRICED!

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso