Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad, okay to try

I tried this as there was a hype since these are pretty famous and from the UK. They’re not bad but not a regular buy for us. The chips are similar to the Kettle chip and they didn’t wow me. They were okay and tasted a little too salty. Good point is that they often come on half price specials.

Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

Other Chips

JohnJ
JohnJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why Crinkle Cut?

I loved Tyrrell's mature cheddar chips and accidentally bought the cheddar cheese and chives crinkle cut chips, they are not nearly as good, why on earth would they change to crinkle cut, such a shame to try to improve on perfection.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Chips

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

Vvv
VvvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why crinkle cut!?! It's dismal

The cheddar and chive chips were my absolute all-time favourite chip. I'll eat no other... if a bag was open near me it'd be empty after ten minutes. Imagine my shock when I saw they were replaced with a crinkle-cut variety! Bought them because it's about the flavour, not the potato - merely a vector - right? Wrong. The crinkle cut shape fails to hold the flavour well and most of the chips in the packet barely had a hint of cheddar. For the price, never again. Such a shame because they were truly excellent chips before the change. That's one way to stop me from snacking, I suppose?

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Mediocre

The texture is amazing, too bad the "nature cheddar cheese and chive" only taste like salty crisps. So pretty much flavourless

Disappointed

Disappointed we love our Tyrrells plain chips but tonight lack of salt something has changed shame probably won’t purchase them anymore

Veg Crisps - bitter beetroot

I purchased the Veg Crisps from Coles and found the carrot and parsnip to be quite nice, but all of the beetroot is very bitter and has a pretty unpleasant taste.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso