Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

Marcotic

MarcoticPerth

New flavours suck

The plain, W. Sauce and sweet chilli flavours were amazing, the new curry flavour and other new one I quickly forgot were over flavoured and kind of gross. The original flavours don't seem to be on the shelf now?!?! Do all good things have to come to an end?

Anthony Duin

Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

Glen41

Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Chips

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

Laura

LauraAustralia

Good ingredients and taste

I'm a big fan that these are cooked in sunflower oil instead of soybean/canola, and also that natural flavour and apple powder is used instead of flavour enhancer 621 (MSG) found in a lot of other chip brands. They aren't overwhelmingly sour or salty, and don't make you excessively thirsty. The veggie crisps need some improvement, though. Every time I buy them the beetroot is burnt, making it very bitter.

KIngfood

KIngfoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great chips

Less oily. Great crunch. Right amount of salt. these are how chips should taste. Even better than Kettle. I know my chips and these are up their with the best.

Holly

HollyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How chips should be made.

I'm in love with the mature cheddar flavour. Some chips are really greasy and give you a bit of indigestion - not these ones. They're just the right amount of crunchy and salty. They really do taste like they're homemade. I didn't give a 5 star rating purely because they're quite expensive. But you definitely get what you pay for. I always buy a few packets when they're on special.

Caz

CazSydney

Nice Chips

I've tried all brands and I like the lightly salted chips the best, they have less salt than other brands and not much oil on my fingers after eating them. I picked up some packets this week at Woolies for $3.00 for 165g pack. They need to be regularly on sale or the full price permanently reduced as they are too expensive for me otherwise.

mojohee

mojoheeCroydon

Love these chips however..

These chips are exactly how I like them particularly as they are lightly salted, all other chips are too heavily salted for my taste. However why so highly priced? At my local Coles this week they were asking Aud$4.50 for a 150g pack - totally unwarranted, they won't be on the shelves for too long at this price, will go the way of Kettle's chunky cut which were cleared from my local supermarkets recently because of the same issue -OVERPRICED!

Evan B

Evan Basked

What in the hell happened to your Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar brand of Tyrrell's chips? What in the world prompted management to stop producing this in Australia? In UK, this and a few other flavours still seem to be produced. For some inexplicable reason, it seems the Australian arm has decided they will turn to some second rate garden variety crinkle-cut that is no different to others on the supermarket shelf! What is management thinking? Are they trying to force their company to lose out on trying to grow potential revenue earnings, or do they think they need to ensure the company implodes?
Advice to management! If you want to consider growing your revenue earning potential, you seriously need to take advantage of modern technologies that can help you realise your true market potential. One such company that is relatively new in the market that can help you on that journey, and not as expensive as your larger players, is Lorgan Pty Ltd. It is a Sydney based company that specialises in technologies comprising areas such as AI, Robotics, Machine Learning and Data Analytics, Big Data, to name a few. Check out their website and get in touch with them. It won't cost you to have a conversation with them. Only a phone call or email!
Their website is: https://www.lorganglobal.com/about-us/

Muso

Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso