Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

bill black
bill blackSydney, NSW

An awful iteration from crisp to chip

The crinkle cut version has produced a 'mouth feel' that is thick and heavy and overwhelms the delicate original version . . . now this version tastes like any other chip and is no longer a crisp as advertised . . .
very disappointing!

The crinkles need ironing out...

Honestly, my favorite chips ever now have crinkles... was there something wrong with the previous perfect chip? I used to introduce people to the glory of Tyrrells....now? I don't buy them myself. It's like someone painted a joker face on the Mona Lisa!
Wait, that actually sounds cool. Just iron the chips back out please.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Renovashaun
RenovashaunPerth, WA

Why change them????

The cider vinegar chips were the best ever! No idea why they changed to the crinkle cut ones they have now which are not nice. They were my favourite, but they lost me as a customer when they changed. Someone in their marketing department should be sacked!

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Online.

Jeff
JeffPerth, WA

Crinkle cut - why!

Loved the original cut chips lightly salted and now find they are crinkle cut. Tried them but prefer the original cut much more. Please get rid of crinkle cut and go back to the original cut.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

Sofia
SofiaSydney, NSW

Cheese crinkle cut

The crinkle cut mature cheese and chives are a bit too salty and not a cheese flavour, they taste more like they have been covered in the chicken salt shaker spice

Purchased in July 2021 for $2.25.

GlorsIllawarra, NSW

Horrible

These where the only chips I ever bought not no more, the taste has changed no more crunch won’t ever buy them again, whatever they have done to them in Australia is pathetic

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $450.00.

Not $450 but $4.50

Justin D.
Justin D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Just like the rest

As a salt n vinegar expert I was disappointed. Besides the burst of aroma when I first opened the pack there was little to no flavour. The bottom 3 quarters of the bag taste like plain chips only crispy. Reading the packaging it is clear that all attention was on the crispness and none on the flavour. I don't mind paying more for good flavour. You are not alone though In all brands now I need to go through about 7 to 15 packs before I get one with strong flavour covering the majority of the chips in the bag. Some brands better than others. Cost cutting for shareholders has created a great salt n vinegar famine and I am starving. Please Help. If not you, then who?

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $7.00.

AG P.
AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

zurizuri
zurizuri

Ok chips but very small and money goes overseas

These chips taste ok but they are often very small. I like that they use Australian potatoes BUT it is not an Australian owned company so that means all the profits get sent overseas. Small chips and profits don’t stay in Australia means I won’t be buying them again. Support Australian made, Australian OWNED!!

Purchased in June 2020.

John W.
John W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New Salt and Cider Vinegar - Underwhelming

The NEW flavour seems very mild, good crunchy chip, but lacks punchy flavour. Only purchased as they were on special at Cokes for $2.50, would definitely not pay $4+ for them

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Marcotic
MarcoticPerth

New flavours suck

The plain, W. Sauce and sweet chilli flavours were amazing, the new curry flavour and other new one I quickly forgot were over flavoured and kind of gross. The original flavours don't seem to be on the shelf now?!?! Do all good things have to come to an end?

Other Chips

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Anthony Duin
Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

Tony
TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Glen41
Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso