Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bring back flat

Can’t believe the decision to discontinue flat crisps and replace with crinkle cut. Tyrrell’s are not crinkle-market crisps. Please stop this nonsense and do what you do best (flat ones).

Kerry J
Kerry J

Poor Decision

I am appalled that Tyrrells have changed their chips to a crinkle cut version. Not even the choice to have the original flat chip. Having tried Tyrells in England I was delighted when they became readily available in Australian supermarkets. Now I won't buy them as the new variety does not compare to the original. Bring back the chips we all know and love!

Antoine
AntoineSydney, NSW

Stick to your knitting Tyrrell

The new crinckle cut chips don't have any flavour at all. The Mrs Smith and Australian Co brands are far superior. I went to 2 Woolies to get my regular, tradional salty Tyrrell chips bit no avail. Only the crinkle type. Sounds like they are forcing us to try the Crinkle cuts removing the traditional ones. Not a good move as I ended up going to a Natural food store and discovered a new brand of regular, salty chips that I quite enjoy. I went back today and bought a few more bags for the week.

Purchased in October 2021.

Jo K.
Jo K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They were perfect… now just disappointment…

The flat lightly sea salted original chips were the only chips I would ever purchase. Now can’t find them anywhere. Tried the crinkly ones but they just greasy, flavourless cardboard pieces… so sad.

Purchased in September 2021 for $4.95.

Auspom
Auspom

Crinkle Chips are rubbish

The original Tyrell Chips were great but have now been superseded with a crinkle cut wad of cardboard with no flavour resembling the original chips. Will never buy these crinkle things again. Was fortunate today that I found some of the originals in Aldi.

Purchased in September 2021.

JLL
JLLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bring back the slow cooked flat chips

Our family love your flat chips and only buy this brand, always in the cupboard, in fact I am addicted to them, but the new crinkle cut are terrible, and I won’t be buying these again. Please rethink, and bring back the flat cut.

Purchased in September 2021 at Coles for $3.50.

Bring back the straight cut Crisp

Lost for words and now a LOST customer. Bring back the straight cut chip or close the shop. Original Tyrrell's straight cuts chips are the only chips I purchase, So now good bye.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

Tyrrells What Have You Done!

I finally found a perfect replacement for the now disgusting too oily and too salty Kettle chips. I have been buying Tyrrells since they were launched in Australia and absolutely loved them. But now.... crinkle cut???? They are nothing like the delicious original ones and now they only have the crinkle cut ones. Very bad marketing move Tyrrells. You have lost me as a customer and I'm sure many others. Such a shame!

Purchased in September 2021 at Coles for $2.25.

EmAnne
EmAnneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bring back the original crisps - the crinkle cut are horrible!

My husband and I were huge fans of the Tyrells Lightly Salted crisps prior to them being changed to a crinkle cut. We decided to try a packet of the crinkle cut chips, but they were no where near as nice - tasteless, weird texture and nowhere near as crispy. We will be buying Red Rock from now on. Bring back the original crisps Tyrells!

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $4.50.

Gary Matson
Gary MatsonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This WAS an excellent chip!

I loved the orginal chip. It was changed recently to a crinkle cut, but the flavour is bland and the texture is dry. I won't be buying Tyrells again. What a shame!

bill black
bill blackSydney, NSW

An awful iteration from crisp to chip

The crinkle cut version has produced a 'mouth feel' that is thick and heavy and overwhelms the delicate original version . . . now this version tastes like any other chip and is no longer a crisp as advertised . . .
very disappointing!

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why Have Tyrrells changed to crinkle cut???

I don't understand why they changed to crinkle cut. Terrible idea!! First it was the salt and vinegar now all of them! You have ruined the best chips there were. So disappointed. I will not be buying again!!

Purchased in September 2021.

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

The crinkles need ironing out...

Honestly, my favorite chips ever now have crinkles... was there something wrong with the previous perfect chip? I used to introduce people to the glory of Tyrrells....now? I don't buy them myself. It's like someone painted a joker face on the Mona Lisa!
Wait, that actually sounds cool. Just iron the chips back out please.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Kay
KayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tyrrels now crinkled! Why!!!!

For crying out loud my fave crisps are now crinkle cut! Why would you change the recipe.. Tyrrels low salt curly crisps were so popular now you will lose your customers. No brand loyalty from me! Bring back the curly Tyrrels! Please bring them back asap!

Suzanne
SuzannePerth, WA

The crinkles in our foreheads

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles for $3.50.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso