Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jo K.
Jo K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They were perfect… now just disappointment…

The flat lightly sea salted original chips were the only chips I would ever purchase. Now can’t find them anywhere. Tried the crinkly ones but they just greasy, flavourless cardboard pieces… so sad.

Purchased in September 2021 for $4.95.

Gino F.
Gino F.

The original English chips were the best

The original English chips were the best tasting chips. Now they're made here they're not the same. Still a good chip but the English ones way better. P.S. bring back the flat chips.

Purchased in October 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $2.65.

bill black
bill blackSydney, NSW

An awful iteration from crisp to chip

The crinkle cut version has produced a 'mouth feel' that is thick and heavy and overwhelms the delicate original version . . . now this version tastes like any other chip and is no longer a crisp as advertised . . .
very disappointing!

The crinkles need ironing out...

Honestly, my favorite chips ever now have crinkles... was there something wrong with the previous perfect chip? I used to introduce people to the glory of Tyrrells....now? I don't buy them myself. It's like someone painted a joker face on the Mona Lisa!
Wait, that actually sounds cool. Just iron the chips back out please.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Renovashaun
RenovashaunPerth, WA

Why change them????

The cider vinegar chips were the best ever! No idea why they changed to the crinkle cut ones they have now which are not nice. They were my favourite, but they lost me as a customer when they changed. Someone in their marketing department should be sacked!

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Online.

Tyrells potato chips
Tyrells potato chipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted

Have been a long time a fan of the plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted chips.They are curly and crunchy ,yet can't seem to get them now.Why have all 3 flavours here in South Australia gone to crinkly crisps? I don't mind the other flavours crinkled but can't we have the plain au natural as the flavour doesn't even seem the same?

Purchased in September 2021 for $3.00.

Jeff
JeffPerth, WA

Crinkle cut - why!

Loved the original cut chips lightly salted and now find they are crinkle cut. Tried them but prefer the original cut much more. Please get rid of crinkle cut and go back to the original cut.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

Sofia
SofiaSydney, NSW

Cheese crinkle cut

The crinkle cut mature cheese and chives are a bit too salty and not a cheese flavour, they taste more like they have been covered in the chicken salt shaker spice

Purchased in July 2021 for $2.25.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad, okay to try

I tried this as there was a hype since these are pretty famous and from the UK. They’re not bad but not a regular buy for us. The chips are similar to the Kettle chip and they didn’t wow me. They were okay and tasted a little too salty. Good point is that they often come on half price specials.

GlorsIllawarra, NSW

Horrible

These where the only chips I ever bought not no more, the taste has changed no more crunch won’t ever buy them again, whatever they have done to them in Australia is pathetic

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $450.00.

Not $450 but $4.50

Justin D.
Justin D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Just like the rest

As a salt n vinegar expert I was disappointed. Besides the burst of aroma when I first opened the pack there was little to no flavour. The bottom 3 quarters of the bag taste like plain chips only crispy. Reading the packaging it is clear that all attention was on the crispness and none on the flavour. I don't mind paying more for good flavour. You are not alone though In all brands now I need to go through about 7 to 15 packs before I get one with strong flavour covering the majority of the chips in the bag. Some brands better than others. Cost cutting for shareholders has created a great salt n vinegar famine and I am starving. Please Help. If not you, then who?

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $7.00.

Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

AG P.
AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

JohnJ
JohnJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why Crinkle Cut?

I loved Tyrrell's mature cheddar chips and accidentally bought the cheddar cheese and chives crinkle cut chips, they are not nearly as good, why on earth would they change to crinkle cut, such a shame to try to improve on perfection.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Vvv
VvvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why crinkle cut!?! It's dismal

The cheddar and chive chips were my absolute all-time favourite chip. I'll eat no other... if a bag was open near me it'd be empty after ten minutes. Imagine my shock when I saw they were replaced with a crinkle-cut variety! Bought them because it's about the flavour, not the potato - merely a vector - right? Wrong. The crinkle cut shape fails to hold the flavour well and most of the chips in the packet barely had a hint of cheddar. For the price, never again. Such a shame because they were truly excellent chips before the change. That's one way to stop me from snacking, I suppose?

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso