Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Gaynor C.
Gaynor C.Sydney, NSW

Sad day for lovers of your chips! Huge mistake to go crinkle!

Absolutely do not like crinkle. The taste seems to have changed too! Please bring back the plain cut in the salted as before. My waistline is the only one benefiting by your move.

Purchased in November 2021 at Coles.

Jo K.
Jo K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They were perfect… now just disappointment…

The flat lightly sea salted original chips were the only chips I would ever purchase. Now can’t find them anywhere. Tried the crinkly ones but they just greasy, flavourless cardboard pieces… so sad.

Purchased in September 2021 for $4.95.

Gino F.
Gino F.

The original English chips were the best

The original English chips were the best tasting chips. Now they're made here they're not the same. Still a good chip but the English ones way better. P.S. bring back the flat chips.

Purchased in October 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $2.65.

bill black
bill blackSydney, NSW

An awful iteration from crisp to chip

The crinkle cut version has produced a 'mouth feel' that is thick and heavy and overwhelms the delicate original version . . . now this version tastes like any other chip and is no longer a crisp as advertised . . .
very disappointing!

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

The crinkles need ironing out...

Honestly, my favorite chips ever now have crinkles... was there something wrong with the previous perfect chip? I used to introduce people to the glory of Tyrrells....now? I don't buy them myself. It's like someone painted a joker face on the Mona Lisa!
Wait, that actually sounds cool. Just iron the chips back out please.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Renovashaun
RenovashaunPerth, WA

Why change them????

The cider vinegar chips were the best ever! No idea why they changed to the crinkle cut ones they have now which are not nice. They were my favourite, but they lost me as a customer when they changed. Someone in their marketing department should be sacked!

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Online.

Tyrells potato chips
Tyrells potato chipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted

Have been a long time a fan of the plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted chips.They are curly and crunchy ,yet can't seem to get them now.Why have all 3 flavours here in South Australia gone to crinkly crisps? I don't mind the other flavours crinkled but can't we have the plain au natural as the flavour doesn't even seem the same?

Purchased in September 2021 for $3.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Plain salt chips

I couldn’t get the usual lightly salted at Coles this week they only had the crinkle cut one I don’t like them as much now I’ll probably have to shop somewhere else

Jeff
JeffPerth, WA

Crinkle cut - why!

Loved the original cut chips lightly salted and now find they are crinkle cut. Tried them but prefer the original cut much more. Please get rid of crinkle cut and go back to the original cut.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

MAJ
MAJNorth Queensland, QLD

Love The Unsalted Potato Chips

The first time l bought a packet of the Tyrrells Unsalted potato chips, l was hooked! The unsalted chips enhance the taste of the potato chips which allows you to taste the chips, not just the salt! YUM!

Purchased at Coles.

Sofia
SofiaSydney, NSW

Cheese crinkle cut

The crinkle cut mature cheese and chives are a bit too salty and not a cheese flavour, they taste more like they have been covered in the chicken salt shaker spice

Purchased in July 2021 for $2.25.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad, okay to try

I tried this as there was a hype since these are pretty famous and from the UK. They’re not bad but not a regular buy for us. The chips are similar to the Kettle chip and they didn’t wow me. They were okay and tasted a little too salty. Good point is that they often come on half price specials.

GlorsIllawarra, NSW

Horrible

These where the only chips I ever bought not no more, the taste has changed no more crunch won’t ever buy them again, whatever they have done to them in Australia is pathetic

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $450.00.

Not $450 but $4.50

Justin D.
Justin D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Just like the rest

As a salt n vinegar expert I was disappointed. Besides the burst of aroma when I first opened the pack there was little to no flavour. The bottom 3 quarters of the bag taste like plain chips only crispy. Reading the packaging it is clear that all attention was on the crispness and none on the flavour. I don't mind paying more for good flavour. You are not alone though In all brands now I need to go through about 7 to 15 packs before I get one with strong flavour covering the majority of the chips in the bag. Some brands better than others. Cost cutting for shareholders has created a great salt n vinegar famine and I am starving. Please Help. If not you, then who?

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $7.00.

Tyrrells

Best ever. I’m going Through chemo and hardly can Taste much love these Crisps iv try different ones . Right now had chemo I got sea salt & circle vinegar. Really helped :)

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso