Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Manny
MannyPerth, WA

Not the same anymore!!!

These used to be the best chips ever! Now just the same as all the others. Why don't the decision makers read the reviews and go back to what made Tyrrell's the best ever??? Listen to the people!!!

Purchased in January 2022 at Coles Supermarkets for $2.50.

Jimmy B Rustled
Jimmy B RustledGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not as good

The crinkle cut ones are way different. Still okay but the original release were great. They've stopped making apple cider vinegar flavour which is a loss, such a unique taste. No the flavour seems weakened. Cheddar and chives are currently the best.

What have you done
What have you doneWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

What have you done

The plain lightly salted has been my favourite for a long time now , even got my Hubbie to start to enjoy. Had been having troubles as well to get a packet of late . But now I know why. All I can say is WHY, WHY, WHY. I agree totally different taste all together. Now they taste just like any other crinkle cut chip. Go back to the yummy chip they were. Please please please

Purchased in December 2021.

Gaynor C.
Gaynor C.Sydney, NSW

Sad day for lovers of your chips! Huge mistake to go crinkle!

Absolutely do not like crinkle. The taste seems to have changed too! Please bring back the plain cut in the salted as before. My waistline is the only one benefiting by your move.

Purchased in November 2021 at Coles.

Find out how Tyrrell's Chips compares to other Chips

Bad move to go to crinkle cut

Tried the crinkle cut version of our favorite chips once and will never buy them again. Every review here has the same issue with the crinkle cut version. Over time the sales drop should clearly tell the story and hopefully reverse the decision

regularblokeNew South Wales

Tyrrell's has lost a customer... big brain stuff right there!

Purchased in November 2021.

#bringbackthecrisp

Cathy
CathySydney Surrounds, NSW

Why the change to crinkle cut

Why did you change them to crinkle cut ? These were my favourite chips. Loved them. I don’t like the texture of these at all. I threw them out. Not happy !

Purchased in November 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Why?????

The crinkle cut version of chips is now tasteless and not very enjoyable to eat anymore. The packet I am eating now will be going in the bin as it is over done with salt and not as the packet says lightly sea salted. Why would you change from a great tasting flat chip to this variety??? If it wasn’t broke …why fix it..

Tyrrell's Crisps: Killed by corrugation

Why has has the previously distinctive and delicious Tyrrell crisp been reduced to a mere also-ran chip? The fantastic flavours and fantastical forms ditched in favour structural rigidity and monotonous uniformity. You had me completely, now you've lost me just as completely. The worst tasty treat own goal since the great Cadbury calamity.
Tim.

Bring back flat

Can’t believe the decision to discontinue flat crisps and replace with crinkle cut. Tyrrell’s are not crinkle-market crisps. Please stop this nonsense and do what you do best (flat ones).

Kerry J
Kerry J

Poor Decision

I am appalled that Tyrrells have changed their chips to a crinkle cut version. Not even the choice to have the original flat chip. Having tried Tyrells in England I was delighted when they became readily available in Australian supermarkets. Now I won't buy them as the new variety does not compare to the original. Bring back the chips we all know and love!

Antoine
AntoineSydney, NSW

Stick to your knitting Tyrrell

The new crinckle cut chips don't have any flavour at all. The Mrs Smith and Australian Co brands are far superior. I went to 2 Woolies to get my regular, tradional salty Tyrrell chips bit no avail. Only the crinkle type. Sounds like they are forcing us to try the Crinkle cuts removing the traditional ones. Not a good move as I ended up going to a Natural food store and discovered a new brand of regular, salty chips that I quite enjoy. I went back today and bought a few more bags for the week.

Gino F.
Gino F.

The original English chips were the best

The original English chips were the best tasting chips. Now they're made here they're not the same. Still a good chip but the English ones way better. P.S. bring back the flat chips.

Purchased in October 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $2.65.

Auspom
Auspom

Crinkle Chips are rubbish

The original Tyrell Chips were great but have now been superseded with a crinkle cut wad of cardboard with no flavour resembling the original chips. Will never buy these crinkle things again. Was fortunate today that I found some of the originals in Aldi.

Purchased in September 2021.

JLL
JLLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bring back the slow cooked flat chips

Our family love your flat chips and only buy this brand, always in the cupboard, in fact I am addicted to them, but the new crinkle cut are terrible, and I won’t be buying these again. Please rethink, and bring back the flat cut.

Purchased in September 2021 at Coles for $3.50.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso