Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Chips in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Kay
KayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tyrrels now crinkled! Why!!!!

For crying out loud my fave crisps are now crinkle cut! Why would you change the recipe.. Tyrrels low salt curly crisps were so popular now you will lose your customers. No brand loyalty from me! Bring back the curly Tyrrels! Please bring them back asap!

Suzanne
SuzannePerth, WA

The crinkles in our foreheads

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles for $3.50.

Renovashaun
RenovashaunPerth, WA

Why change them????

The cider vinegar chips were the best ever! No idea why they changed to the crinkle cut ones they have now which are not nice. They were my favourite, but they lost me as a customer when they changed. Someone in their marketing department should be sacked!

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Online.

Previous versions were my favorite! Why change to crinkle cut and salt and vinegar!

Tyrells were our favour team chips. The cider vinegar and sea salt were divine and then Tyrrell’s changed these to salt and vinegar and crinkle cut so we stopped buying them they were no where near as nice. Now they have changed the plain to crinkle cut which are again terrible. Why would you change these!!! It was a winner the way it was! Will have to revert back to Kettle or Red Rock! So disappointed.

Purchased in August 2021.

Tyrells potato chips
Tyrells potato chipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted

Have been a long time a fan of the plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted chips.They are curly and crunchy ,yet can't seem to get them now.Why have all 3 flavours here in South Australia gone to crinkly crisps? I don't mind the other flavours crinkled but can't we have the plain au natural as the flavour doesn't even seem the same?

Purchased in September 2021 for $3.

customer_first_namec
customer_first_namec

New crinkle cut version unpleasant

Could not find our lightly salted Tyrrell's chips at coles and bought the similar looking crinkle cut version.
Very disappointed as they are not anywhere near as nice as the standard version. Will have to search where I can buy the standard version.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles.

Plain salt chips

I couldn’t get the usual lightly salted at Coles this week they only had the crinkle cut one I don’t like them as much now I’ll probably have to shop somewhere else

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Not worthy of a star

I was looking forward to my usual packet of tyrrells usually great chips. Instead when I opened the packet I thought I must have bought the wrong brand. No longer a great solid crunch, more like a soft disintegration, thicker less tasty and bland. To my horror I realised I had bought 4 packets of these duds, not the lovely traditional chips they used to produce. Looks like it is back to Red Rock instead.

Bill Oakleigh
Bill OakleighGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tyrells new crinkle cut low salt crisps

Big fan of the lightly salted for years. We picked up the new crinkle cut as the packet was similar. Unfortunately the new ones are quite unpleasant. They taste more of the oil (triple cooked?) than any potato I know. If these replace the original lightly salted I won’t be buying any more Tyrells. Please do what you do best Tyrells

Purchased in August 2021.

Lynda W
Lynda WSydney

horrible new crinkle chips, worse than Smiths

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

MAJ
MAJNorth Queensland, QLD

Love The Unsalted Potato Chips

The first time l bought a packet of the Tyrrells Unsalted potato chips, l was hooked! The unsalted chips enhance the taste of the potato chips which allows you to taste the chips, not just the salt! YUM!

Purchased at Coles.

Sofia
SofiaSydney, NSW

Cheese crinkle cut

The crinkle cut mature cheese and chives are a bit too salty and not a cheese flavour, they taste more like they have been covered in the chicken salt shaker spice

Purchased in July 2021 for $2.25.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad, okay to try

I tried this as there was a hype since these are pretty famous and from the UK. They’re not bad but not a regular buy for us. The chips are similar to the Kettle chip and they didn’t wow me. They were okay and tasted a little too salty. Good point is that they often come on half price specials.

GlorsIllawarra, NSW

Horrible

These where the only chips I ever bought not no more, the taste has changed no more crunch won’t ever buy them again, whatever they have done to them in Australia is pathetic

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $450.

Not $450 but $4.50

Justin D.
Justin D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Just like the rest

As a salt n vinegar expert I was disappointed. Besides the burst of aroma when I first opened the pack there was little to no flavour. The bottom 3 quarters of the bag taste like plain chips only crispy. Reading the packaging it is clear that all attention was on the crispness and none on the flavour. I don't mind paying more for good flavour. You are not alone though In all brands now I need to go through about 7 to 15 packs before I get one with strong flavour covering the majority of the chips in the bag. Some brands better than others. Cost cutting for shareholders has created a great salt n vinegar famine and I am starving. Please Help. If not you, then who?

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $7.

Tyrrells

Best ever. I’m going Through chemo and hardly can Taste much love these Crisps iv try different ones . Right now had chemo I got sea salt & circle vinegar. Really helped :)

ALS
ALS

Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar is no more.

This was the only crisps that tasted good. I’m disappointed this is discontinued. If you bring this back I would definitely be purchasing this again. 1 star until you bro g it back.

They always sold out so I don’t understand why you took it off the shelf.

Sea salt & cider vinigar

Disappointing flavour with the Sea salt & cider vinigar. The seasalt doesn't punch through and the cider vinegar is very weak.
If the manufacturer could intensify both of those ingredients I probably give an 8 Out of 10, I will give one star out of five.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1.80.

Zoltan
ZoltanSydney, NSW

Tyrell Mature Cheddar & Chive: where is the cheese flavour??

Total disappointment: these chips don't taste like cheese but, maybe, chicken salt? This was the first and last time I bought this product. Why can't Tyrell make this taste like the name says?

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Bob
BobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life-changing

Tyrrell’s cider vinegar chips were the best rustic chips and my ultimate favorite. Sadly, someone thought these chips needed changing and made them crinkle chips and altered the taste. These chips have gone from the best to the worst. There were no chips on the market that could measure up to these once delicious rustic chip. I hate crinkle chips and sadly Tyrrell’s chips are off my shopping list until they restore them back to a rustic chip!

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

AG P.
AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Deirdre C.
Deirdre C.Hunter Region, NSW

Loved the cheese and onion crisps before they were crinkle cut - the crunch is great now, but now they are tasteless!

Tasteless now they are crinkle cut. Please go back to crisps.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.50.

No to Crinkle Cut!!

Why have you changed to the crinkle cut chip? I don’t understand. They are not good!!! If it ain’t broke... PLEASE BRING BACK THE NORMAL CHIPS!!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Don’t you dare change your chips to Crinkle Cut!

Please keep your chips the same as Crinkle do not suffice and do not taste as good!