Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 4 of 5)

See the Best Chips in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Owen
OwenAdelaide

Why would you change the recipe?

Just bought a bag of salt and vinegar chips as they have always been the best SnV available. First bite and something tasted weird. Looked at the packet and saw "great" new taste on the bag. Very disappointed, used to be soo sooo good but now they taste nothing like real salt and vinegar. They are not appetising at all and I do not recommend buying them please go back to the old recipe it was perfect!! And I will buy again :)

Addicted to these!

These chips are absolutely wonderful and I am addicted to them. I can't believe there are people who have given them less than five stars. I think I need to join "Chips anonymous". Is there such support out there for an addict? I don't drink much and I managed to stop smoking a few years ago, but trying to give up Tyrrell's plain chips with sea salt is a challenge of a different magnitude. Take care or you may get hooked like me.

Best on the market

Best chips on the market. The way chips should be made skin on and mild flavours so you can actually taste the potatoes. All natural ingredients made in the Yarra Valley all good. Some of the negative comments are ridiculous. Go buy smiths you communist robots. Even Kettle and Red Rock loose there potatoe flavour with there oily see through chips.

Disappointed

Disappointed we love our Tyrrells plain chips but tonight lack of salt something has changed shame probably won’t purchase them anymore

It was so perfect.... :'(

Last day, as always, I bought Tyrrell's and it wasnt as it used to be. They were too thin, too salty and I couldn't see the skin of the potato. Those three characteristics were the reason I loved Tyrrell's. So, I will never by your product anymore if nothing changes.

Please come back to what you used to do.

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Thaleia
ThaleiaCoffs Harbour

Way too salty

I bought these chips because they state ‘lightly salted’ on the pack. They are the saltiest chips I think I’ve ever had. I thought maybe it was just my packet, but others here say the same. First time ever I will bin uneaten chips. I just can’t eat something so salty.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Mrs. Jones
Mrs. Jones

What's happened to them?

When these crisps first came to Aust they were beautiful! ......non greasy, hardly any salt (that was their special selling point)! .........Delicious! Now they are often greasy and far too salty and often have burnt edges. I used to purchase many at a time (when they were on special) but now have changed to other chips. They are definitely not cooked the same way as they used to be. Often the oil tastes a bit rancid and not fresh at all. These chips now seem to need regular quality control. They are still beautiful in the UK and France though.

John M
John MSydney, NSW

Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper Chips - Best on market

I found the sweet chilli and red pepper chips to be the best new chip to hit the market after having sampled many varieties over the years. I was shattered when they appeared to no longer being made. Then today at Woolies they were there ! Happy days ! Give them a try - even my fussy nutritionist daughter gave them a big thumbs up.

Tony
TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Gaz T
Gaz TBrisbane

so good I'm trying to find them in Northen Rivers NSW

Tried the lightly sea salted plain crisps
found a fantastic flavour, super crispness and great packaging.
No broken waste at the end of the bag... Really a lightly salted less oily option.
FAR better than Smiths or the others on offer
looking for retailers in my area right now 11.3.18

Finally....they are at Coles Yamba... too good!!!! 5.5.18

Paulz
PaulzCanberra

GMO warning

The taste is terrible, chips are now made using Atlantic Gm potatoes.
also cooked in Gm oils.
No Thanks you can keep them

cindy
cindyMelbourne

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh

Worst chips ever, overcooked, black, oily, vegetables not fresh. I feel I am torturing my tongue to eat them and eventually I throw them away.
First time in my life that i feel the need to write a comment on chips. I was that much disappointed.

The best chips ever!!! Howwww

My favourite is the sea salt and cider vinegar but I've tried most of the flavours and they're all bomb. I love how the sea salt and cider vinegar chips tastes like an actual hot potato chip with the squeezy bottle vinegar you'd get at a deli. It has a more honest flavour that doesn't taste as artificial as your other chip brands. The shape and bubbles in the chip are amazingly satisfying. I like that there's still the potato rind on the edges to add to the crunch.

Tony
TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

all chips

Absolutely beautiful not to salty I personally think they are better than kettle and red rock will recommend to anyone

ausGeoff
ausGeoffGippsland, VIC

Best Chips in Australia!

Overcooked and horrible taste

Disappointing. Purchased from Woolworth on special. Worst tasting chips I have ever had, I suspect they were over cooked in old oil.

Ken
KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Delicious! Flavourful and interesting with varying potato varieties, and not too salty!

Glad to have anice option with only 220mg/110gm of sodium, well less than half of many other chip brands. Highly recommended!

Just buy a bag salad instead

It will have a lot more flavor, and will save you the disappointment of biting into these tasteless crisps of disappointment.

Veg Crisps - bitter beetroot

I purchased the Veg Crisps from Coles and found the carrot and parsnip to be quite nice, but all of the beetroot is very bitter and has a pretty unpleasant taste.

Indahim
IndahimBrisbane

Burnt chips

I bought 120 gm Tyrrells hand cooked veg crisps from coles and disappointed to see all the beet root chips were all burnt and had bitter tastes. How can Tyrrells not able to cook this properly. It shouldn't enter the market!! I can cook better chips than them .

Mel
MelNorth Queensland, QLD

Mature cheddar

Crunch Crunch Crunch.. amazing!!!! the best chips i have ever tasted... just like chips should be!! Just the right taste and very light . Not a heavy greasy chip... yummy