Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 2 of 4)

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Lynda W
Lynda WSydney

horrible new crinkle chips, worse than Smiths

I was looking forward to my usual packet of tyrrells usually great chips. Instead when I opened the packet I thought I must have bought the wrong brand. No longer a great solid crunch, more like a soft disintegration, thicker less tasty and bland. To my horror I realised I had bought 4 packets of these duds, not the lovely traditional chips they used to produce. Looks like it is back to Red Rock instead.

Purchased in August 2021 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

MAJ
MAJNorth Queensland, QLD

Love The Unsalted Potato Chips

The first time l bought a packet of the Tyrrells Unsalted potato chips, l was hooked! The unsalted chips enhance the taste of the potato chips which allows you to taste the chips, not just the salt! YUM!

Purchased at Coles.

Sofia
SofiaSydney, NSW

Cheese crinkle cut

The crinkle cut mature cheese and chives are a bit too salty and not a cheese flavour, they taste more like they have been covered in the chicken salt shaker spice

Purchased in July 2021 for $2.25.

GlorsIllawarra, NSW

Horrible

These where the only chips I ever bought not no more, the taste has changed no more crunch won’t ever buy them again, whatever they have done to them in Australia is pathetic

Purchased in July 2021 at Woolworths for $450.00.

Not $450 but $4.50

Justin D.
Justin D.Mid North Coast, NSW

Just like the rest

As a salt n vinegar expert I was disappointed. Besides the burst of aroma when I first opened the pack there was little to no flavour. The bottom 3 quarters of the bag taste like plain chips only crispy. Reading the packaging it is clear that all attention was on the crispness and none on the flavour. I don't mind paying more for good flavour. You are not alone though In all brands now I need to go through about 7 to 15 packs before I get one with strong flavour covering the majority of the chips in the bag. Some brands better than others. Cost cutting for shareholders has created a great salt n vinegar famine and I am starving. Please Help. If not you, then who?

Purchased in July 2021 at Coles for $7.00.

Tyrrells

Best ever. I’m going Through chemo and hardly can Taste much love these Crisps iv try different ones . Right now had chemo I got sea salt & circle vinegar. Really helped :)

ALS
ALS

Sea Salt & Cider Vinegar is no more.

This was the only crisps that tasted good. I’m disappointed this is discontinued. If you bring this back I would definitely be purchasing this again. 1 star until you bro g it back.

They always sold out so I don’t understand why you took it off the shelf.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Sea salt & cider vinigar

Disappointing flavour with the Sea salt & cider vinigar. The seasalt doesn't punch through and the cider vinegar is very weak.
If the manufacturer could intensify both of those ingredients I probably give an 8 Out of 10, I will give one star out of five.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1.80.

Zoltan
ZoltanSydney, NSW

Tyrell Mature Cheddar & Chive: where is the cheese flavour??

Total disappointment: these chips don't taste like cheese but, maybe, chicken salt? This was the first and last time I bought this product. Why can't Tyrell make this taste like the name says?

Purchased in February 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Bob
BobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life-changing

Tyrrell’s cider vinegar chips were the best rustic chips and my ultimate favorite. Sadly, someone thought these chips needed changing and made them crinkle chips and altered the taste. These chips have gone from the best to the worst. There were no chips on the market that could measure up to these once delicious rustic chip. I hate crinkle chips and sadly Tyrrell’s chips are off my shopping list until they restore them back to a rustic chip!

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

AG P.
AG P.Canberra 2600, ACT

There is no taste

Lightly salted aka no salt and no flavour. These are by far the most tasteless chips I've come across. An they're positioning them as premium, no chance, would return if I could.

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for $4.50.

Deirdre C.
Deirdre C.Hunter Region, NSW

Loved the cheese and onion crisps before they were crinkle cut - the crunch is great now, but now they are tasteless!

Tasteless now they are crinkle cut. Please go back to crisps.

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.50.

No to Crinkle Cut!!

Why have you changed to the crinkle cut chip? I don’t understand. They are not good!!! If it ain’t broke... PLEASE BRING BACK THE NORMAL CHIPS!!!

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

Don’t you dare change your chips to Crinkle Cut!

Please keep your chips the same as Crinkle do not suffice and do not taste as good!

Roth
RothQueensland

From best to very worst ?

When we first bought Tyrrell crisps they were crisp and fresh and tasted so good! Over the past six months they have slowly deteriorated so badly that we cannot buy them ever again ! Such a pity going from best to worst. Not sure of the reason perhaps you guys know the answer. From a disappointed ex fan.

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $2.99.

Crinkle cut ??!!!! Why

Very disappointing !!?? Why fix something that’s not broken . Salt and vinegar . Not good

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

The best

The Sea Salt variety is the best! And note that they have half the salt content of other chips.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $2.25.

Hope
HopeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love Love mature cheddar and chive

They are super crunchy, tasty and not greasy. Love the plain chip. Just tried them in crinkle cut ...not a fan. Get the plain next time.

Purchased in September 2020 at IGA.

zurizuri
zurizuri

Ok chips but very small and money goes overseas

These chips taste ok but they are often very small. I like that they use Australian potatoes BUT it is not an Australian owned company so that means all the profits get sent overseas. Small chips and profits don’t stay in Australia means I won’t be buying them again. Support Australian made, Australian OWNED!!

Purchased in June 2020.

Extremely Disappointing

Loved Tyrrells Lightly Sea Salted Crisps until the last packet which contained crisps no bigger than a ten cent piece. Will never buy them again

Purchased in September 2019.

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

These are the best chips, ever.

Thin, lightly salted, nice oil, very addictive. So much more satisfying and enjoyable

Purchased in November 2019.

Never again

I have started trying to buy more healthy snacks. I have bought a Tyrrell's veg crisps recently, which was very disappointing. The amount of salt which they use is over the moon and hell far from ' healthy and sustainable'...Absolutely I'll never ever purchase any of this company products. If you want a overpriced bag of a salt with the greasy 'crisps' ...go for it......

Purchased in October 2019 at Tesco for $2.20.

Kiri
KiriSydney, NSW

No flavour

Bought the salt and vinegar from cloes they had no flavour at all and werent very crunchy

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles.

Sue M.
Sue M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Three cheers Tyrrell's

Its great to see some chips with reduced salt. I have eaten Japanese and American chips with NO salt. Even better for me, and also for many thousands of people with high blood pressure, heart problems and fluid retention.
I look forward to YOUR chips with NO salt in the near future.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Best crisps ever!!!!!

I love Tyrells crisps more than any other kind!!! my favourite is sea salt and cider vinegar.
A lot of the reveiws say it has nearly doubled in price, in England you can often buy 2 for £2.50 of the 150 gram packets. I think that`s quite good value. They do not contain rubbish additives or gluten and most important for us they do not have rapeseed oil as there is an allergy to that in our familIy I recomend Tyrells crisps for everyone tho loves crisps and likes trying new flavours.
from stephanie
P.S Tyrells wins over another similar brand.

Purchased in July 2019 at Waitrose.