Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Chips in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

These are the best chips, ever.

Thin, lightly salted, nice oil, very addictive. So much more satisfying and enjoyable

Purchased in November 2019.

Sue M.
Sue M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Three cheers Tyrrell's

Its great to see some chips with reduced salt. I have eaten Japanese and American chips with NO salt. Even better for me, and also for many thousands of people with high blood pressure, heart problems and fluid retention.
I look forward to YOUR chips with NO salt in the near future.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Best crisps ever!!!!!

I love Tyrells crisps more than any other kind!!! my favourite is sea salt and cider vinegar.
A lot of the reveiws say it has nearly doubled in price, in England you can often buy 2 for £2.50 of the 150 gram packets. I think that`s quite good value. They do not contain rubbish additives or gluten and most important for us they do not have rapeseed oil as there is an allergy to that in our familIy I recomend Tyrells crisps for everyone tho loves crisps and likes trying new flavours.
from stephanie
P.S Tyrells wins over another similar brand.

Purchased in July 2019 at Waitrose.

John W.
John W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

New Salt and Cider Vinegar - Underwhelming

The NEW flavour seems very mild, good crunchy chip, but lacks punchy flavour. Only purchased as they were on special at Cokes for $2.50, would definitely not pay $4+ for them

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Ranee
RaneeSydney, NSW

Korma chips beautiful

I love these chips why doesn't coles sell them they are perfect not too hot taste is so nice but these chips are not stocked in every shop please make them more available

Purchased in May 2019 at WOOLWORTHS for $3.

Tyrells Sea Salt & Vinegar

The best potato chips i have ever tasted. You can taste the real potato and its crispiness is superb. The flavor is so good. The taste of vinegar is perfect compared to other brands. I like it and love this product. Keep up the good taste and the good quality of your products.Thank you and more power to you Tyrell's.

Purchased in June 2019 at From a friend. for $4.

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Korma!

I've liked Tyrrell's from the start, when they were first made in the UK.
I felt they weren't as good when they started making them here but they are still my favourite.
The new "curry night korma" is really nice. I like that their chips aren't over saturated in flavour and salt and it's just the right amount.

Purchased in February 2019 for $2.70.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Bon bon
Bon bonAroona

Literally the best chips ever

Everyone needs to know about these chips they taste so different to any other packet crisps......they taste real!! I eat way to many of these because they are delish

Mediocre

The texture is amazing, too bad the "nature cheddar cheese and chive" only taste like salty crisps. So pretty much flavourless

Delicious.

I don't eat potatoes chips much, that was until I discovered Tyrrells lightly salted Crisps, now I hope they are not on special when I am shopping because I will eat the whole packet myself..

suz
suzPerth, WA

Tyrells Chips

I LOVE these chips, they are the only ones I buy. Nice thick chips with less salt than any other chips I've ever eaten and they are so tasty. I recently purchased some Tyrells Worcester Sauce ones which were on clearance @ Coles, when I went back to buy more they had all gone :( they were absolutely delicious. <3 I don't know why they were on clearance!

Russell
RussellMoe

OMG

The best crisps I have ever tasted. Won me over kettle chips. So crunchy and not shy on the flavour

Marcotic
MarcoticPerth

New flavours suck

The plain, W. Sauce and sweet chilli flavours were amazing, the new curry flavour and other new one I quickly forgot were over flavoured and kind of gross. The original flavours don't seem to be on the shelf now?!?! Do all good things have to come to an end?

Addicted to these!

These chips are absolutely wonderful and I am addicted to them. I can't believe there are people who have given them less than five stars. I think I need to join "Chips anonymous". Is there such support out there for an addict? I don't drink much and I managed to stop smoking a few years ago, but trying to give up Tyrrell's plain chips with sea salt is a challenge of a different magnitude. Take care or you may get hooked like me.

Best on the market

Best chips on the market. The way chips should be made skin on and mild flavours so you can actually taste the potatoes. All natural ingredients made in the Yarra Valley all good. Some of the negative comments are ridiculous. Go buy smiths you communist robots. Even Kettle and Red Rock loose there potatoe flavour with there oily see through chips.

Disappointed

Disappointed we love our Tyrrells plain chips but tonight lack of salt something has changed shame probably won’t purchase them anymore

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

Anthony Duin
Anthony Duin

what Kettle used to be

Absolutely fantastic. Nice and crunchy, great flavour.
I wish the flavour of this morsel I enjoyed to myself was a little more pungent on the tongue, but I suppose I can't win them all. Yum.

John M
John MSydney, NSW

Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper Chips - Best on market

I found the sweet chilli and red pepper chips to be the best new chip to hit the market after having sampled many varieties over the years. I was shattered when they appeared to no longer being made. Then today at Woolies they were there ! Happy days ! Give them a try - even my fussy nutritionist daughter gave them a big thumbs up.

TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Gaz T
Gaz TBrisbane

so good I'm trying to find them in Northen Rivers NSW

Tried the lightly sea salted plain crisps
found a fantastic flavour, super crispness and great packaging.
No broken waste at the end of the bag... Really a lightly salted less oily option.
FAR better than Smiths or the others on offer
looking for retailers in my area right now 11.3.18

Finally....they are at Coles Yamba... too good!!!! 5.5.18

Glen41
Glen41Sydney, Australia

A bit different

Tried the balsamic vinegar and salted crisps plus the Worcester Shire sauce and sun dried tomato. Both were nice and crunchy, not too heavy or salty. Might give the cheddar cheese a try if I see them on special.

Laura
LauraAustralia

Good ingredients and taste

I'm a big fan that these are cooked in sunflower oil instead of soybean/canola, and also that natural flavour and apple powder is used instead of flavour enhancer 621 (MSG) found in a lot of other chip brands. They aren't overwhelmingly sour or salty, and don't make you excessively thirsty. The veggie crisps need some improvement, though. Every time I buy them the beetroot is burnt, making it very bitter.

The best chips ever!!! Howwww

My favourite is the sea salt and cider vinegar but I've tried most of the flavours and they're all bomb. I love how the sea salt and cider vinegar chips tastes like an actual hot potato chip with the squeezy bottle vinegar you'd get at a deli. It has a more honest flavour that doesn't taste as artificial as your other chip brands. The shape and bubbles in the chip are amazingly satisfying. I like that there's still the potato rind on the edges to add to the crunch.

TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.