Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Russell
RussellMoe

OMG

The best crisps I have ever tasted. Won me over kettle chips. So crunchy and not shy on the flavour

Addicted to these!

These chips are absolutely wonderful and I am addicted to them. I can't believe there are people who have given them less than five stars. I think I need to join "Chips anonymous". Is there such support out there for an addict? I don't drink much and I managed to stop smoking a few years ago, but trying to give up Tyrrell's plain chips with sea salt is a challenge of a different magnitude. Take care or you may get hooked like me.

Best on the market

Best chips on the market. The way chips should be made skin on and mild flavours so you can actually taste the potatoes. All natural ingredients made in the Yarra Valley all good. Some of the negative comments are ridiculous. Go buy smiths you communist robots. Even Kettle and Red Rock loose there potatoe flavour with there oily see through chips.

New taste is awful - too sour

We bought a packet of Tyrrell's sea salt and cider vinegar crisps yesterday. On the packet it says "great new taste", but trying them today, these were far too sour, unlike the original taste. A shame. We have long bought these as we considered them the best on the Australian market.

John M
John MSydney, NSW

Sweet Chilli and Red Pepper Chips - Best on market

I found the sweet chilli and red pepper chips to be the best new chip to hit the market after having sampled many varieties over the years. I was shattered when they appeared to no longer being made. Then today at Woolies they were there ! Happy days ! Give them a try - even my fussy nutritionist daughter gave them a big thumbs up.

Tony
TonySydney

They were very good

I was a fan. Then last week have a new lot from woodworths. Type Atlantic but more of a worry - I bought them in the first place because they were canola free. The pack still says sunflower oil. But I can taste something bad like canola.

Gaz T
Gaz TBrisbane

so good I'm trying to find them in Northen Rivers NSW

Tried the lightly sea salted plain crisps
found a fantastic flavour, super crispness and great packaging.
No broken waste at the end of the bag... Really a lightly salted less oily option.
FAR better than Smiths or the others on offer
looking for retailers in my area right now 11.3.18

Finally....they are at Coles Yamba... too good!!!! 5.5.18

The best chips ever!!! Howwww

My favourite is the sea salt and cider vinegar but I've tried most of the flavours and they're all bomb. I love how the sea salt and cider vinegar chips tastes like an actual hot potato chip with the squeezy bottle vinegar you'd get at a deli. It has a more honest flavour that doesn't taste as artificial as your other chip brands. The shape and bubbles in the chip are amazingly satisfying. I like that there's still the potato rind on the edges to add to the crunch.

Tony
TonySydney

Tasted the Worcestshire flavour

Bought them yesterday, ate some today, too chewy and a bit bland compared to the other brands. Agreed not too salty but the Worcestershire flavour is not there, hope the other flavours are better. Would not be buying that flavour again.

all chips

Absolutely beautiful not to salty I personally think they are better than kettle and red rock will recommend to anyone

ausGeoff
ausGeoffGippsland, VIC

Best Chips in Australia!

Ken
KenSydney

hand overcooked

Overcooked, they were almost black. i wouldn't buy them again because you can't see if they are overcooked until you open the packet. Shame, I like the idea of mixed veggie chips. Better quality control needed, if you overcook a batch then throw them out instead of selling them to me.

Disappointed

I have been buying Tyrells plain salted chips for a year or so i really loved them, but recently they have changed. They are not cooked the same as before. They are now pale, not as crunchy, and lack the same flavour that made them the best i have tasted. Sadly I have stopped buying them

Delicious! Flavourful and interesting with varying potato varieties, and not too salty!

Glad to have anice option with only 220mg/110gm of sodium, well less than half of many other chip brands. Highly recommended!

Mel
MelNorth Queensland, QLD

Mature cheddar

Crunch Crunch Crunch.. amazing!!!! the best chips i have ever tasted... just like chips should be!! Just the right taste and very light . Not a heavy greasy chip... yummy

I think they are the best chips in Australia. The sea salt and the cider vinegar are awesome. They look and taste home made. Nothing else on the market compares. I wait for them to be on special as they are quite expensive.

Jen
JenSydney Surrounds, NSW

Was expecting a lot more

After seeing these flogged to death on I'm a Celebrity I bought two packets from Coles at $4.50 each. Sorry I wasted my money. Bad oil taste, no salt and all burnt around the edges and really small. Yuck.

Best on the market

Best chips in Australia hands down. Don't get heart burn like you do with kettle. Amazing flavour. Perfectly salted perRFect thickness can't even compare with smiths they wouldn't even be a contender. Salt and vinegar is just amazing they all are.

Best crisps ever

Delicious. Not too oily or salty. So many chips are too salty. You can taste the potato. I paid $3.99 for a 165 gram pack at local IGA which I think is reasonable.

Stale?

I'm not sure what's going on here but the Tyrell salt and cider vinegar chips tastes stale..we only just purchased them today. They were half price at Coles though...so that could be why