Tyrrell's Chips

Tyrrell's Chips

See the Best Chips in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tyrrell's Chips? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Tyrells potato chips
Tyrells potato chipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted

Have been a long time a fan of the plain Tyrrell's lightly sea salted chips.They are curly and crunchy ,yet can't seem to get them now.Why have all 3 flavours here in South Australia gone to crinkly crisps? I don't mind the other flavours crinkled but can't we have the plain au natural as the flavour doesn't even seem the same?

Purchased in September 2021 for $3.00.

Plain salt chips

I couldn’t get the usual lightly salted at Coles this week they only had the crinkle cut one I don’t like them as much now I’ll probably have to shop somewhere else

MAJ
MAJNorth Queensland, QLD

Love The Unsalted Potato Chips

The first time l bought a packet of the Tyrrells Unsalted potato chips, l was hooked! The unsalted chips enhance the taste of the potato chips which allows you to taste the chips, not just the salt! YUM!

Purchased at Coles.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad, okay to try

I tried this as there was a hype since these are pretty famous and from the UK. They’re not bad but not a regular buy for us. The chips are similar to the Kettle chip and they didn’t wow me. They were okay and tasted a little too salty. Good point is that they often come on half price specials.

Tyrrells

Best ever. I’m going Through chemo and hardly can Taste much love these Crisps iv try different ones . Right now had chemo I got sea salt & circle vinegar. Really helped :)

Craig
CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure why they made an awesome crunchy thick chip and changed it to the same as every other chip

They used to be sooo good and thick and crunchy. Now just the same as any other chip. They may have become saltier too. I dont know why they changed it. Now no point of difference and very similar now to redrock deli, kettle ( who also made some negative changes) and smiths thins.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths Physical store for $2.25.

Don’t you dare change your chips to Crinkle Cut!

Please keep your chips the same as Crinkle do not suffice and do not taste as good!

JohnJ
JohnJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Why Crinkle Cut?

I loved Tyrrell's mature cheddar chips and accidentally bought the cheddar cheese and chives crinkle cut chips, they are not nearly as good, why on earth would they change to crinkle cut, such a shame to try to improve on perfection.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles.

Vvv
VvvGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Why crinkle cut!?! It's dismal

The cheddar and chive chips were my absolute all-time favourite chip. I'll eat no other... if a bag was open near me it'd be empty after ten minutes. Imagine my shock when I saw they were replaced with a crinkle-cut variety! Bought them because it's about the flavour, not the potato - merely a vector - right? Wrong. The crinkle cut shape fails to hold the flavour well and most of the chips in the packet barely had a hint of cheddar. For the price, never again. Such a shame because they were truly excellent chips before the change. That's one way to stop me from snacking, I suppose?

Purchased in August 2020 at Coles for $4.50.

The best

The Sea Salt variety is the best! And note that they have half the salt content of other chips.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $2.25.

Hope
HopeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love Love mature cheddar and chive

They are super crunchy, tasty and not greasy. Love the plain chip. Just tried them in crinkle cut ...not a fan. Get the plain next time.

Purchased in September 2020 at IGA.

Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

These are the best chips, ever.

Thin, lightly salted, nice oil, very addictive. So much more satisfying and enjoyable

Purchased in November 2019.

Sue M.
Sue M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Three cheers Tyrrell's

Its great to see some chips with reduced salt. I have eaten Japanese and American chips with NO salt. Even better for me, and also for many thousands of people with high blood pressure, heart problems and fluid retention.
I look forward to YOUR chips with NO salt in the near future.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Best crisps ever!!!!!

I love Tyrells crisps more than any other kind!!! my favourite is sea salt and cider vinegar.
A lot of the reveiws say it has nearly doubled in price, in England you can often buy 2 for £2.50 of the 150 gram packets. I think that`s quite good value. They do not contain rubbish additives or gluten and most important for us they do not have rapeseed oil as there is an allergy to that in our familIy I recomend Tyrells crisps for everyone tho loves crisps and likes trying new flavours.
from stephanie
P.S Tyrells wins over another similar brand.

Purchased in July 2019 at Waitrose.

Ranee
RaneeSydney, NSW

Korma chips beautiful

I love these chips why doesn't coles sell them they are perfect not too hot taste is so nice but these chips are not stocked in every shop please make them more available

Purchased in May 2019 at WOOLWORTHS for $3.00.

Muso
Musoasked

Good evening, my husband loves your mature cheddar cheese & chive crisps and I purchase a few bags every week from Coles supermarket in Sorell, Tasmania. They have always only cost $2.70 per 165g bag of crisps. Today I got the shock of my life when I went to buy them with my usual groceries, the price has increased to $4.50. That’s an increase of $1.80 which is a bit more than 80% price increase. So many other crisp brands are so much cheaper, even when they were $2.70 i found it expensive but now I won’t be able to afford to buy them at that price and refuse to spend that much on crisps anyway. I hope you can explain this exuberant price rise and possibly revue the price. I look forward to hearing back from 1 of your staff members. Kind regards
Rachael Sushames

Boris Yasminsky
Boris Yasminsky

You may recall the saying "Greed is good" from the 1980's, well guess what, that saying is back in fashion.
The only difference this time around is, the product quality is inferior when compared to the 1980's.

Muso