U Blinds Australia

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (8) · No (35)

Moreen

MoreenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not touch them

Store LocationBanyo
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Awful planning and execution; Service that was way below expectation

I do not normally write reviews but this one is a stunner forcing me to find some time to do this. I paid well over $20000 to get shutters installed at my home with the promise of design, supply and installation with structural warranty for 25 years. Since installation of the shutters I had nothing but trouble in the most used area of my house with the shutters coming off the top trail and bottom trail at various places. I had the shutters hanging by the thread but they would not make it a priority to sort it out. I waited for at least four months before they paid a visit to look into it and not for the first time.
Overall, not a good quality product and awful post sale service. Would not recommend at all.

Store LocationA sales person visited my property after ringing for advice
Yolanta

YolantaMentone

No after sales service - Melbourne. Still waiting for faulty blind to be fixed & missing parts.

UBlinds do not want to rectify shoddy installation- make excuses. Love to support Aust made but not rip off artists

Store LocationFairfield

Shutters

ShuttersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shutters look amazing

Our shutters look amazing! One of those jobs where the outcome surpassed our expectations and looks fantastic. The salesman and installed were fantastic.

Store LocationQLD
U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback. We are thrilled our products has surpassed your expectations and look great! We appreciate your support, Ublinds team!

Ian M.

Ian M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No after sales service

Store LocationFairfield, Vic

Awful experience

If I had my time again I would have chosen a different company. If zero stars was an option I would have chosen that. The list of woes include: failure to turn up to scheduled appointments multiple times, broken shutters installed after taking 50% payment, losing blinds in the warehouse, poorly fitting shutters following replacement under warranty, shutters requiring replacement after 2 years because they don’t close properly, losing my warranty claim in the system, poor communication. Never again! Spend a bit more and go elsewhere. Five stars though for being the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Store LocationAdelaide
U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Hi Tony, We are sorry to hear you have had these issues. If you could please call our office and ask to speak with Natalie and i will discuss these issues with you and will make sure they have now been resolved for you. Thank you Ublinds.

Beej

Beej

Shocking

Awful, awful experience with their company. Their support is terrible, they make guarantees they don't keep. Have been stuffing me around for months and I still do not have my product. They don't even communicate with their own installers, the whole thing is a massive crap show to be honest. Avoid at all costs.

Store LocationMelbourne

Hi Beej,
I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. If you could please call our office on 1300 303 391 and ask to speak with Natalie so i can assist you with this. Thank you

Roger S

Roger SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy with new Shutters and blinds

Very happy with the new shutters and blinds installed this week. Made such a difference to
the lounge and family room. Very professional no fuss installation. We will use them again.

Lucy J.

Lucy J.South East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from this company

Worst customer service ever. Installation cancelled with less than one hour notice, UBlinds then sent an installer that could not figure out which shutters belonged to which window. Another installer had to come and show him. We still await our main sliding door shutters to be installed as a box was ‘left at the warehouse’. Incredibly incompetent - I recommend if you are wanting shutters to use another company.

Store LocationBanyo Brisbane

Find out how U Blinds Australia compares to other Blind & Shutter Shops

Order from them if you can wait for ever

Ordered some curtains and shutters for my new house in the last week of August and was told they would be installed in 6-8 weeks. We got the shutters in the last week of October (yup after 8 weeks) and still no curtains. Have been promised they would give us a call once they hear from the supplier but no call was ever received. When we try to call, we don't get to speak to the manager. Receptionist cuts us in the middle as the manager probably doesn't want to deal with the unhappy customers. Don't waste your time with this company, there are heaps of curtain companies out there that are surely better than these guys. They are busy blaming their supplier which is not my business. I wonder if my curtains have actually been ordered!

tomSouthwest, VIC

What a useless mob this u blinds are

GETTING A QUOTE:
Tried to get a Quote from this Company & do you think they were interested!!!!
Rang requesting Quote for Motorised Folding Arm Awning & was told someone would be in touch soon to arrange quote. Waited 3 weeks heard nothing, used online chat & was told i would be contacted within 24hrs waited 3 days nothing, rang & spoke to their receptionist when told of issue she took details & said she would get someone to call, when i mentioned that only 1 chance left she laughed.
I would not recommend this shody organisation for anything.

Store LocationFAIRFIELD
U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Hi Tom. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Unfortunately you live in an area that we do not service, Our sales consultant has informed us that he called you and left message. So we are unsure as to why you did not receive this message.

tom

Sorry but that is terrible. If you do not service this area why did your Receptionist not tell me this both times I spoke to her. Your Sales Consultant had 4 occasions to contact me but never did, you should check his phone to know the true facts.

Terrible customer service

After seeing their advertisement in "MY Weekly PREVIEW distributed in all areas of the Sunshine Coast I decided to ring them about a quote on storm shutters for our patio. I suggested a day for the quote but this was not suitable and the salesman suggested Tuesday afternoon 27 October 2020. We made sure we were home, the time came and went and as of today 2 November we have heard nothing from them. I can see all the good reviews these people got but honestly what sort of company forgets about a possible client.

Wayne

Sorry but once bitten twice shy. I do not have any confidence in your company customer service much less to keep appointments on any shutter installations

Warning: do not buy blinds from this company

U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Thanks Ian, we have a very different opinion of your case. We stand by our warranty and may we suggest if you are so adamant that you are correct and please take this further as we would be happy to defend our situation.

jae22

jae22TOOWOOMBA

Stay away

Store LocationGold Coast
Deirdre M

Deirdre MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Inflated Prices to make you think you are getting a good deal

The "normal" price per square meter when on sale is $700 - yet the price when no discount offered $333 per square meter. Spoke to several staff members including state manager and all extremely rude.

Store LocationAdelaide - Greenhill Road

Twodads

TwodadsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor after sales service. Avoid!

Had Ublinds install plantation shutters and blinds late 2017 and we paid extra for stainless fittings. We had new carpet installed recently and the shutters taken down. They found non stainless fittings, tracks double sided taped to the carpet, not screwed in and no pins securing the tracks. We were then given the runaround with them advising no service calls during covid but then found out installations were still ok. Wanted to charge us $198 for a service call to replace faulty parts and were obviously stuffing us about. They subsequently blocked me from posting on their Facebook page and don't have a review section on there. I'd steer very clear of this lot and look for a company with good reviews.

RAJ

RAJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unhappy with my purchase. Regret choosing U Blinds Australia

Purchased blinds for a bay window and there are large gaps between the blinds. The sales rep should never have ordered these blinds for a bay window but obviously wanted the sale. My window is on a main road and yet after paying good money for blinds, I have no privacy. It has not fulfilled the whole purpose of having a window covering. The quality of the blind has also been disappointing, with the blinds showing a bend where they are raised to. Wasted by money, time and energy and now will have to find another solution.

Store LocationBrisbane
QLD

QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still waiting for my Installation

We paid for our deposit for our blinds and shutters on the 19 Dec 2019.
Our Shutter has been installed since but we still waiting for our Blinds and Curtains.
We where told 3-6weeks from time of deposit.
This is honestly the worst service i have ever experienced.
I email the person that originally gave us the quote and he always says that he will pass this on to the operations team.
Im done and will NEVER EVER USE them again.
I dont recommend them at all. Service is absolutely disgusting. I will be contacting them again next week.

Store LocationUBlinds, Qld

Maxine H

Still waiting..... and no-one ever calls me with an update

I booked and paid for plantation shutters on 7 Feb and was advised there would be a 6 - 8 week wait until delivery. I advised the shutters were for my house that I was putting on the market for sale. It is now almost 8 weeks later and after ringing them every week for the last 3 weeks I have been advised that they will not be delivered until 27 April, 11 weeks after I ordered them and long after my house goes on the market.

Not once did anyone ever call me with an update, or apologise for the delay. Coronavirus seems to be a convenient excuse at the moment for poor customer service. When I asked to escalate my issue to someone else I was told to go on the website and complete a form. Not good enough.

Maxine H

I am submitting a complaint to the ACCC regarding the misleading conduct of U Blinds. If you have had a similar experience, please also make a complaint to ACCC.

Heather Vickery

Heather Vickery

Still waiting

We have ordered shutters in July 2019 and still waiting on one to be fixed this is 2nd time this shutter hasbroken. I am not happy at all with U.Blinds.

Store Locationfrom Advert in paper