UBank USave

UBank USave (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by UBank

• Rates and Fees

jwhero
jwheroNSW, 2118

Great savings product

Competitive interest rates
Stylish debit card
Lots of finance management tools in the online banking platform.
Sleek iOS app experience with an intuitive design.
Needed to call them once to set up Apple Pay. No wait time, issue solved on first call in ~10 mins.

Occasional tech hiccups, e.g. online banking didn’t work on Safari for a while due to an OS update, but was fixed as promised.

Dennis
DennisPerth, WA

Absolutely no problem

I have been with UBank for about 3 years – absolutely no problem.
I have a linked Westpac account that auto deposits $300 monthly to retain the Ultra Account bonus.
I have a Macquarie Bank account linked for most other transactions.
Money transfers overnight.
My deposit sits around $120,000 and at the moment getting 2.87%.
I will add approx another $40,000 EOFY.
Debit visa cards function in other banks ATMS and at Merchants.
Regards Dennis

tony
tonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ubank statements for 2017 wont work

The Ubank interface for bank statements is so clumsy, and just doesn't work. No matter what date range you enter in (one month, two months, six months, 12 months), it just comes back with a message that No statements are available. Even if you select Transaction History as an alternative, that doesn't work either.

Awful software for an online-only bank, no ability to turn off features

I have a Ubank Saver with a linked Ultra account (for the 2.87% interest rate) Website is very difficult, sweep function is permanent and can be set to a minimum of $100. I only use the account as a long term account (I.e. I don't use it everyday) and even then the whole system is so user-unfriendly that I intend to cancel my accounts. in short, it Ubank doesn't pay you enough in bonus interest to justify the difficulty of dealing with them

Sam l
Sam lCanberra

Tech problems

I just set up a UBank savings account and wanted to add on the Ultra account also. Upon joining I was unable to access my banking page due to problems with Ubanks system and safari compatibility (I rang the call centre and I own a MacBook Air)
I was informed I cannot set up an ultra account via my hand held device- need to do it via computer. Ok... you’re an online bank, why not make your banking accessible via All search engines? I was then informed that the call staff can’t set up the account for me, I needed to download google chrome to access my account and set up ultra account.
Let’s see if this shemozzle continues... rabobank might be getting my business after all..

Art Hurwitz
Art HurwitzSydney, NSW

Works Perfectly and Pays the Best Interest

Syed
SyedPerth

Terrible!

Don't know how it can be a full online bank! Can’t even verify my account - Drivers license, Passport and Medicare card all failed. Still waiting for a reply of my email sent six months ago! Extremely poor customer service! Funnily you can transfer money 'in' without verifying your account but cannot transfer 'out' without verification! Stay away!

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

USAVER, beware they won't allow you to withdraw money or update your details

Online bank with antiquated practices. I spent 50 minutes on the phone being told I can not access my money without a confirmation letter arriving VIA POST.... What?!
No customer service what so ever! The only word in their vocabulary is "can't"

Marc-Almighty Burtroni
Marc-Almighty BurtroniAU

Terrible customer support

Don’t waste your time with this pathetic excuse for a bank. Can’t even verify my account Drivers license, Passport and Medicare card all failed, print out a form and drop into Auspost days ago and I need the money for a homeloan yesterday!!! Get your $#!+ together!

Ric
RicSydney, nsw

One of the highest savings interest rates around

MichaelF
MichaelFSydney, NSW

Terrible service, ask for a Manager dont waste your time

Edmond
Edmond

Fantastic Interest Rates. Fast Twitter Support.

I left Ubank for CUA because ubank did not offer POLi payments online which i needed for some online Australian sites. Other than that Ubank is a self sufficient online banking service with expense income graphs online.

Shop For Safety
Shop For SafetySydney

Brilliant!

Drs76
Drs76Bathurst

Can't access my own money!

Avoid this so called bank at all costs! Can't update address or new phone number over the phone which means you have to print out a form, fill it out and then take it to a post office with 100 points of id then wait for ubank to receive it and update your details before you can access your own money. I am with two other banks that updated my details over the phone with no problems at all. It has been 2 weeks I have not been able to transfer money from my account and I can't wait to be able to close my account even though I'm sure that will be a whole new drama!

Never had a problem after 7 years

put money in, took money out, took out a home loan, read and understood their procedures and never had a problem after 7 years. Always given appropriate advice on phone help.

Trevor
TrevorGreensborough

it can ruin your purchase

I was trying to use Ubank to buy a house. After I submitted all the documents they wanted, they kept asking new documents. After I submitted all the extra documents, the processing stops there .. so I went to CBA and got my mortgage done in 2 hours, then I deleted the application there, then they called me and said my mortgage paper is done.... what a time waster, I m not going to use them anymore.

Grayman
Graymanbrisbane

Find another bank

WheresWally
WheresWallyBrisbane

UForUnco-operative Bank

After 8 years of not been with this bank they still send me emails. Even the customer service could not close the account. I even tried to unsubscribe. I even rang up customer service and gave all my personal details. No wonder I took my money out of that bank. The service is terrible!! Be warned, don't go with this bank or they will never leave you. Just like a bad smell.

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Transaction takes forever

It used to have good rates but now other banks are catching up, closing the gaps therefore there only competitive advantage are vastly diminished. It is really not worth it if you need to transfer money in and out especially running a business.

Worst Bank Ever!

I answered all the security questions correctly in an effort to transfer some money but they have blocked my account because I don't sound my age??? I now have to take time off work to go to the post office so I can verify who I am even though I have already done this. Do not open an account with this bank if you want access to your money! I have given one star because you have to but it deserves -5 stars!

Can't even access my own money!

Online Verification doesn't work! Have to go into post office which obviously I have to take work off for an hour to do. Completely defeats the purpose of a bank with no branches! Didn't even know I was not verified or that I had to do this before I could access my own money, until I needed to withdraw some of it in which case I am told that I am debit blocked. Then the site won't allow me to verify myself and continues to sign me out for no reason. Since this will take several days I am late paying the bill that I needed to pay.

Negative stars-atrocious, appalling, insert every bad description here.

Broken Vending Machine of Banks.

Charlotte
CharlotteSydney, NSW

Another Outage ....

Home Loan Do Not Bother!!

Do not waste your time with this bank we have been nothing but stuffed around with them they approved our finance then unapproved it due to them not giving us the correct information in the first place and then approved it after 100 phone calls. Told us that they would call / email never received anything back terrible terrible customer service. Don't even get me started on how slow they are, promised us IN WRITTING that we would have approval by a certain date and never delivered .... No one knows what is going on and don't know who is running the show there obviously clowns.