UBank

UBank (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joolzie17Sydney, NSW

Beware - the worst bank ever. Official complaint lodged. Zero stars.

I've actually lodged a complaint with the Financial Services Ombudsman about Ubank. Outcome pending. Ubank advertised a term deposit for a different rate than what I actually got. I've got it all in writing too. Be very careful because they try to rip you off and they have the worst customer service ever. Back to ING Direct for me.

Joolzie17

I won my case through the Ombudsman. Had to wait six week though. This is the worst bank ever. Seriously dodgy. Caused us a lot of stress and anxiety, but nothing beats the satisfaction of getting your own back!

JacobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awsome Rate.....but Terrible Customer Service.

Worst customer service experienced in the last 5 years......
Good rates, but if you have any problems, you are gone!
You would be lucky if you could get thru the Cutomer Care number which is 133080!
Have our online login locked out, done all id checks, and promised to sort everything very shortly,
but after 1 month, no response....Cannot login to our bank.
Though rate is good, will have to think seriously before take any offers from UBank.
I hope APRA will take some consideration on customer feedbacks!

Jacob

Thanks....I had call from U bank just now and my issues been sorted out.....

Kimmy SimmonsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Dont even bother calling unless you want wait forever

Called and was only given the one option for home loan and waited 34 min on the phone only to be told that they have to put me onto a diff department for refinancing then she hung up transferring me.

Dont bother

Terrible (non-existent) customer service

For a bank that claims to pass savings on to their customers because they are an online bank, they should spend more money on people who actually answer the phone.

I have had a home loan with UBank for 2 years and have tried unsuccessfully many times today to get through to them about an urgent matter. They are offering zero customer service. And to make a complaint you have to phone them!

Ines

InesSydney, NSW

Woeful

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Kristen

KristenSydney, NSW

Long wait times for calls. Terrible service.

Danny

DannySouth East Queensland, QLD

Website is atrocious, rates are good

Needed to order an account statement to verify my account balance. Tried doing this using online system, had to make a request which was supposed to take 48 hours but never arrived. Ended up having to call customer service, wait time was over 20 minutes and the issue was not easily resolved. With Ubank you get good rates, but at the expense of customer service and well designed online systems.

Call service

The most awful call experience that I've ever had with a bank. They not only don't answer their call but also don't answer email and if they answer, they answer in a way that it's like people's problem not their business.

Macka

MackaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Service = Zero

Term deposit rolled over at a rate below published rates. Six phone calls and three emails trying to sort this out all went unanswered. Solution is to push button for lost credit card and speak to a real person. Everyone should do this and then take your business elsewhere.

August 8th 2019 Update: Service = Zero Part 2

So, we spoke to a real person who had the ability to read from a script but couldn't answer questions that varied from the script.
Fundamental waste of time and oh soooo frustrating.
Term Deposit terminated, UBank deleted from Xmas card list!!
Guess you can sense they win, we lose. That's usual with banks.

Bobby

BobbyVictoria

Good intentions but terrible service

4 months since I brought all my money over. Still haven't got the interest they advertised as they keep withholding it for tax, even though they have my ABN. If it didn't take 30-45 minutes to get through to someone to try fix it, it might not be so bad. Then they cannot fix the issue and ask you to call them back - yeah right!! We're off!

Colin C.

Colin C.South East Queensland, QLD

Home Loan Interest Rate Brilliant. Customer Service Terrible.

lamaisadoo

lamaisadoo

Recommended

Ubank has some of the best interest rates and they came through on a dispute I had with a seller that tried to rob me. The debit card also works very well and functions just like any other. Highly recommended if all you need is high interest savings and fundamental needs. If you are someone that loses your card often and can't wait on the phone for 30 minutes than go elsewhere. It is an online bank and staff is kept to a minimum to provide the best rates.

Try for yourself ... and switch back to ING

Firstly, I review on merit and give credit where credit is due. No credit for UBank. Firstly a call to customer service is between 30 mins to an hour. Secondly, they make you go to a post office to submit forms if they need to confirm your identity. Next, the interest isn’t much better than ING and ING don’t do the annoying sweep that UBank does which you can’t opt out of. Before you choose UBank, decide if the 2.41% interest rate is really 2.51 when your money is constantly being moved around between your transaction account (that doesn’t earn interest) and your savings account.

TopicNew Account

Terrible customer service

A few days. NO, the bank is not reliable, customer service is atrocious.
Just joined, transferred but no money showed up.
Called them, no response after waiting 20 minutes.
Terrible bank

Regards,
Justin

Danielle

DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Recommended by Barefoot Investor. Im taking my business elsewhere

Only just joined this bank and forgot my password. No easy way to reset it online. Got locked out of the account after several wrong attempts two months ago. Found my password details but Im still locked out. Had to ring, 36 min on hold so far.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Chris May

Chris MayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible Customer Experience

GEE-SHOCK

GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

No PayID

Title kinda speaks it all. Its 21 century and you won’t allow people to transfer money to a mobile number - forcing us to enter bsb and acct number. Will you please keep up?

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Carolyn W.

Carolyn W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

They don't want your business!

Looking to refinance to P&I loan as recommended thru barefoot investor. Applied online phone interview held & when I asked how long is the process the sooner you upload the documents etc,email or ring me w Q's?. That was the last communication a wk ago. We both emailed more than once, ignored, I rang, ignored. Took to fb pm, you will receive a call 2m ,Ha joke. No account had been created for us to login & up load documents, other staff said no-one else can do it! Useless customer service, all just lip service saying what they think you want to hear. Tell you they have spoken to manager! I don't think so. Very very poor, obviously they don't want new business

D Mac

D MacPerth, WA

Don't Get Fool By Good Rates

This company is a disgrace. They are cheap because they provide next to no ongoing service.

If you're enticed by good rates, you run the risk of being buggered when or if you need to contact them. They ALWAYS have high call volumes - which is code of "we don't employ anyone to answer the phones".

Six phone calls, over a week, 22min, 27min, 32min, 25min, 26min and the winner today 62mins. No answer....

Don't be suckered.

Unhappy Tom

Unhappy TomSydney, NSW

Dreadful service to speak to them .

Impossible to speak to them. Despite saying they have high call rates, I’ve spent 3 days trying to speak to them. Bad. Very bad service NAB. Same applies to emails.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions