UBank (page 3 of 12)

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Discharge delay tactics

Dont refinance to Ubank if you want a loan term less than 30 years! Thats all they do even if your in your late 50's. Now I need to refinance & I've emailed the signed discharge form twice & received confirmation email they received it. My incoming Lender said they contacted to say they hadn't received the form again & want another 15 business days to prepare discharge. I tried ringing only to be told leave a message after 40 min on hold. I am going to stop my repayments & will now give bad reviews & never recommend this Lender.

UBankUBank

Hi, we're sorry to hear of this delay. Could you please private message us your full name so we can look into this for you?

Ste

SteSydney, NSW

Shockingly Bad Customer Service

I've tried to close my account with them twice and they try to make it impossible. Apparently it can't be done over the phone and they don't have branches. Can't wait to final extricate myself from this horror of a a bank.

Guillaume C.

Guillaume C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible bank

I have been using this bank for more than a year.
This bank is not reliable. I try to log in today and it was again in maintenance (middle of the day).
The customer service did not help me with my problem.
I am on my way to close my bank account, it was a mistake to open one at Ubank.

Existing Home Loan Account Review

Tried to extend IO for 1 yr as my existing 3 yrs IO fixed will be expired, however Ubank declied the extension and changed to my home loan repayment to P&I. Due to this economic pandemic, UBank should more considerations for people financial suituation and helping the customer to go through difficult situation but not just follow on your bank policy only.

Monique

Thank you for your reply. I do not want to apply any financial hardship and I would like to only extend my home loan to 1 yr IO only as I want to have more cash flow for this year. Thank you.

Ryan P.

Ryan P.Sydney, NSW

Avoid if have a specific timeframe to settle

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible Customer Service

Applied for a home loan and was progressing through everything. Ended up purchasing a property and it’s been 5 days since I sent an email to the person in charge of my home loan asking for an update on everything as it was taking an unbelievable amount of time to deal with basic documents that had been supplied over a week before. Phone number is disconnected and no email response at all. So much unnecessary stress for a first home buyer. Do not bother with UBank, they have failed us at a crucial time.

UBankUBank

Hi Matt, we're very sorry to hear you've had this experience. Would you please private message your full name and application number and we'll get a member of the team to look into this and call you back?

Worst bank experience ever.

Mark P

Poor service from call centre

UBankUBank

Hi Mark, we're very concerned to hear this. Would you mind sending us a private message with your son's full name and his best contact number and we'll have someone look into this?

Mark P

Please advise, how do I send a private message?

bernardo

bernardoSydney, NSW

Poor technical support and ability to deliver

For the past few months I have asked for my name on the overview page of my account to be corrected. It is misspelt. Not difficult, you would expect. At least three times I have been told that it has been fixed. Not the case. Still wrong. This brings into question their ability to fix and test and issue. I have been told recently that Ubank is still investigating, Ha! A couple of months ago I also raised the issue that their OFX transaction export is missing transactions, a fundamental flaw. Still no resolution. I am regretting my move from CBA Netbank, which is a superior product.

Timur

TimurSydney, NSW

Quite possibly the worst banking website possible

donnadee

donnadeeAU

UBank uses snail mail (non-secure) to send a security code

Rodd Kilponen

Rodd KilponenSydney, NSW

Incompetent, rude, high effort.

UBankUBank

Hi Rodd, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy that we were able to get your issue resolved.

LRF

LRF

Good rates, but you can find where they save on costs

geun young K.

geun young K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreasonable procedure

UBankUBank

Hi Geun, we're sorry to hear this has happened but let’s get it sorted for you. Can you please Private Message your contact details and we’ll have a member of the team reach out to help?

Customer service gone to the dogs

Long phone wait times to update mobile number. Waited 35 minutes. Unacceptable for a bank. I will be closing my account. Not a one-off incident either I waited 45 minutes before.

Mathew

MathewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service and none of their employees are on the same page

Worst customer service and none of their employees are on the same page.
Keeps going in circles.
None of their phone numbers they give you work so you can only email them.
Do not recommend this company at all the worst company I’ve ever dealt with.

UBankUBank

Hi Mathew, we hate hearing this. I’ve sent you a Private Message so we can have one of the team contact you to get you some answers.

Craig

CraigSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nightmare to deal with online and on the phone

I have read a number of reviews on here and it looks as though we are all having the same issues, poor website, long wait times on the phone, and when you get through there is no progress made resolving issues.
Had to go tobthe post office to confirm my identity during covid lockdown, then found issue was still not resolved.
For an online bank their back end is really awful, highly advise people to stay away.

TimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not happy

Poor customer service here. Guy I spoke to sounded like he read off a script, and couldn’t resolve my need- had an old phone number, so had to update it to receive my password.
Went through my past 3 postcodes for identity recognition , and they were all wrong- Not sure how, when they are the only 3 I’ve lived in! Now I have to go out to Aus post to confirm My identity, during the Covid pandemic!

ZakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother !!!

Zak

Thanks for looking into it Shane. I've already with another bank.

Regards,
Z

Row555

Row555Perth, WA

Don't offer loans to directors of companies

If you aren't a tradditional employe with a paycheck this bank won't talk to you, even if you have a high income and 10+ years of positive loan repayment history. Very backwards thinking bank.