Marcela Caroline B.

Marcela Caroline B.South East Queensland, QLD

All the issues happen in my bank account

SSG

SSGGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fast Payments - Outbound

Thanks for your reply. But will Fast payments (both inbound and outbound) be activated on my mortgage account or only on the savings account? Right now all my redraws go to my designated account. Thank you

UBankUBank

Hi SGG, Fast payments will only be available on USave and USpend accounts. Mortgage accounts will still be on DE payments for the foreseeable future.

Savvy

SavvyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Embarrassing IT and stupid account set up and rubbish sweep

Customer >6years. Really good rates. BUT their IT is embarrassing. It feels like high school kids are managing it. The website login never works; the mobile app shows a pinwheel >20 seconds at log in and each time you go between different account views. WORST FEATURE: compulsory transaction account (in addition to your basic online savings account). You can only Bpay or DD from the transaction account, and if the funds are low, it's meant to automatically sweep money from the savings account so as to complete the transaction. IT FAILS all the time. The sweep is rubbish and I'm constantly manually transferring money from savings to transaction all the time to complete transactions (PayPal, car rego, tapping).

Mark P

Poor service from call centre

UBankUBank

Hi Mark, we're very concerned to hear this. Would you mind sending us a private message with your son's full name and his best contact number and we'll have someone look into this?

Mark P

Please advise, how do I send a private message?

bernardo

bernardoSydney, NSW

Poor technical support and ability to deliver

For the past few months I have asked for my name on the overview page of my account to be corrected. It is misspelt. Not difficult, you would expect. At least three times I have been told that it has been fixed. Not the case. Still wrong. This brings into question their ability to fix and test and issue. I have been told recently that Ubank is still investigating, Ha! A couple of months ago I also raised the issue that their OFX transaction export is missing transactions, a fundamental flaw. Still no resolution. I am regretting my move from CBA Netbank, which is a superior product.

Timur

TimurSydney, NSW

Quite possibly the worst banking website possible

donnadee

donnadeeAU

UBank uses snail mail (non-secure) to send a security code

ZakGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother !!!

Zak

Thanks for looking into it Shane. I've already with another bank.

Regards,
Z

Aaron U

Aaron USouth East Queensland, QLD

Ubank - are you reviewing these comments.

I recently refinanced my home loan to UBank, as they do offer an attractive rates!

But the customer service....seriously....how bad can you get? From start to finish, I was constantly chasing them up at each step to find out what was happening and to keep the process moving. I couldn't reach the right person most times and they never called back? Eventually got there in the end, but it took way too long, particularly the settlement phase. Even now, they do things that completely frustrate me, like simply trying to cancel a direct debit that is superseded by a pay credit.

Calling on all Ubank bosses, start contacting customers and seek honest feedback. It might not be pretty, but at least then you can fix it.

Jared

JaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pretty Poor for an online bank

For an online-only bank, uBank has really lacked behind in its digital platforms.

The website is outdated and not great with Modern Browsers.

The most frustrating thing at the moment is that OSKO, NPP and PayID have been released for almost a year and there is still no word on when this vital technology will be introduced.

Another bugbear for me was that it took ages for the Android app to catch up to the level of the Apple app which was very frustrating.

All in all the highish interest rate was the only redeeming factor and the product is good but as for the Bank itself is not great and I have elected to move my finances elsewhere.

Leon

LeonSydney, NSW

Used to be not too bad, awful now

Their main advantage is the ability to pay directly from a savings account, something that all banks should have.
They also used to have a good savings rate. Not anymore.
Internet banking used to be acceptable, now requires me to clean browser cookies every time I need to log in. Mobile app - was promising, recently got superseded by another one that is not any better.

Attempted to get a home loan from them - filled the application, scheduled a call, went through plenty of details over the phone only to accidentally learn halfway through the call that they don't finance new houses. Seriously? This should've been the very first question during the application process. Wasted lots of time and now not sure I'll get my financing on time.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Biara W.

Biara W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible service

1. 6 weeks ago I verified my new address and phone number so that I could open a new account
2. Opened account and trasferred all of money there because I was told it would take a week for me to receive my card
3. They sent it to my old address
4. I cancelled the card and asked for it all to be sent to my new address
5. Card received 2 weeks ago
6. No pin code was sent
7. I called again asking for the pin, it's been now over a week and I have not received the pin code

Have had to call so many times. On hold for 30 minutes

Its archaic that UBank is relying on the postal system for this. Other banks let you change the pin online.

TopicNew Account
Martin Rogers

Martin RogersSydney, NSW

Frustrating Hour

I have been with UBank for 5 years. I have an SMSF saver account. I just want to open up another account online but I get a technical server error box. I have just spent a super frustrating time failing to sort it out. I couldn't find a helpline number on the site so I had to google it. After waiting 15 mins (at 14.00 hrs they were unusually busy - really?) I hung up. I noticed that a chat box had popped up on the site. The guy was helpful but wanted to know all the details of the server error box which was now not available because I had logged out and logged in again. I could not replicate the error because another site error was preventing me ARRRRRRGGGGGH! I will just transfer all of my money to an acct I have with another bank

TopicNew Account
Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Outdated online platforms

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great rates Below Average Service

We were attracted to their rates and wanted to refinance. We then applied online for Home Loan and gave all information. Loan Manager then asked for information to be repeated, failed to contact on time arranged and failed to send emails. Contact was staggered and despite holding email address on file failed to send promised emails twice. Overall they are reliable with automated products; people skills below average.

Find out how UBank compares to other Banks

Need to vent or complime

Need to vent or complimeKillara

Poor customer service

We were lucky to be able to pay back our mortgage, but it has turned out to be a major nightmare: First they referred us to their partner MSA for settlement of the mortgage. MSA charged us for them to release the papers. After calling and emailing and googling, I found that they were not supposed to charge us. It took us more than 1 month go get that money back. Now more than 2 month after the mortgage was paid off, and another 20 phone calls, they still did not finalize the mortgage on their systems, and have not paid out the balance in our favour. Every time they promise to call us back, which they never do. I am a step away from dragging them to the courts of small claims.

Anna

AnnaSydney, NSW

Poor app functionality

The app is not user-friendly and can sometimes be buggy. It is very slow and sometimes can crush - a major overlook for an online-only bank! It doesn't offer much functionality either.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Good interest rates, horrible service

Good interest rates, but when we had issues we were told to open a new account instead of them fixing up account. Average hold time when I call is 30mins.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Maree

MareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

I'm only here for the interest rate

Ubank have fantastic home loan rate and I foolishly assumed because they are online only and owned by NAB they would have good software to run their online portal. Not so. Online banking quite often has glitches that mean I am unable to complete transactions when I need to and have to log back in at a later time. Zero customer service as there is nobody you can actually call and speak with. If online is your ONLY service I would have expected it to be first class. Having said that... the interest rate is awesome.

Danny

DannySouth East Queensland, QLD

Website is atrocious, rates are good

Needed to order an account statement to verify my account balance. Tried doing this using online system, had to make a request which was supposed to take 48 hours but never arrived. Ended up having to call customer service, wait time was over 20 minutes and the issue was not easily resolved. With Ubank you get good rates, but at the expense of customer service and well designed online systems.