Uber

Uber

Terrible company had 2 rides cancel on me quicker to catch a bus or a taxi

Had 2 drivers say they were lost then cancel for other rides it’s disgusting once they book you they should have to take you this is what I hate about this company!!!!!!

Cancellation fee for not receive the service

The uber App has a problem, I requested a uber, and was difficult to schedule a time for pickup, I needed to cancel immediately, I talked with the driver by phone to change my pickup time.
They cancelled immediately and charge me 10$.

This is not fair.

Never use this service. They will stole your money.

Nelly alavi espejo
Adelaide
Australia

Money stolen, Mum's the Word.

I am not a uber customer nor have I ever used their service, but just recently I had my account used to pay for uber service, in other words, money was stolen.

I asked them a simple question, what location was it used, I did not ask for information concerning the person who used it, nor their location, or the route that they took, I only wanted to know the city or country it was used in. I could, therefore, determine if the money was stolen from the card or used by the person who forgot they had used it.

They would not give that particular information, in other words, they harbour criminals, allowing them to steal money and not help those affected by it, even with a simple answer. Now I have to deal with the hassle to get my bank to refund the money cancel my card and wait until I can get a new one until then my ability to carry on with my life is paused.

Thanks, Uber, I definitely will never use your service, if you treat people who have been robbed and are not willing to help them, I wonder how you treat your customers. If you think I am unjust in saying this about this disreputable company because I have a dislike for them, let me just remind you that I do not use uber or have I ever used uber, I can only quote what they have said to me "Thank you for your understanding." or should I say "Thank you for doing nothing".

Cheers.

Terrible customer service

A couple days a week I will get an Uber after work as I have places to be at a certain this particular day last Thursday I ordered an Uber and was waiting next minute I can see that my Uber trip in my phone had started I called the driver and he had picked up a girl that told him she was me and confirmed my address with her then she jumps on the phone telling me to let him take her first then he can come back to get me so not only did I get charged a fare for him picking her up I also got charged for my fair and on top of that isn’t it a breach of privacy to give out an address? I have a photo of myself on my Uber account did she look like me ? Then it gets worse because of this I wrote to Uber who agreed to refund my money I was happy with and left it I went to order Uber eats last night and my Uber account has been disabled because of this and there is no one to contact I emailed with no response and you can’t call anyone they say they have a 24/7 help line where is it? I emailed you guys over 6 hours ago. Rethinking using Uber again! Really not good customer service seeming I catch an Uber every morning to the station.

Horrible driver. Charged certain amount, the driver didn't show up, argued over 15 mins on phone

Ur drivers are extremely aggressive and impolite. They don't respect u. In the middle of the night, they are arguing with u over the address even tho u put the correct address. And when u are trying to direct the person to ur address, he hangs up after like arguing over 20 mins on phone. And u guys charged me for that.
This is unacceptable. It will be really nice if u guys refund the money back.

Terrible, they charge you for the ride after you have booked it even if they dont pick you up.

Waited in a extremely accessible area for an uber that parked a very long way away, tried to communicate where i was waiting. Charged for the ride anyway even though he did not show up.

uber how are you supposed to contact uber when you dont have an account

When opening a rider account using the online ( mobile ) it timed out now i carn't get an account because my email is already in use ( no it isn't) when I log on there is no account attached to the email address yet now i can never have an Uber account because it is impossible to talk to any one at Uber unless you have an account Looks like i will still have to use taxis no phone number to call real people.

More expensive than a cab!! I might have to switch to Ola.

I have been using Uber because I thought they were cheaper than a cab. I was so mistaken. The amount I paid during booking was double the one I was charged post-trip! In the many times that I used this service, the amount I confirmed to pay during booking was always the same as the one post-trip. I am extremely disappointed as they now work like a taxi. I will stay away from Uber from now on.

Ok when it works

App won't allow me to update expired c card details,app then locked me out, so uninstalled the app, then downloaded it again,still won't allow me to change cc details, although it now let's me in. Can't contact uber ,no phone number and can't email them,so it's back to black cabs and by by uber

More expensive than a cab!

I used to use uber because they we're cheaper than a cab but that's not the case anymore. It cost me more for my uber ride into the city than my taxi ride home & I even stopped for food with the meter running on the way home!!! Won't used Uber again after tonight

Uncontactable

Whatever you do, don’t accidentally leave your phone behind in an Uber! There is no phone number available to the general public so you simply can’t call them. To log on via a computer you need your phone, can’t get a 4 digit verification if you’ve lost your phone. Finally got an email back after 12 hours to be told they contacted the driver and he confirmed the phone was not in his car yet the find my phone app clearly showed it was still there. Response from Uber - Sorry we’ve done everything we can to help! Worst thing is you still can’t call them, Uber 1, customer 0, Very, very poor customer service.

Ripped off uber

gave uber a go, spose to be cheaper, app said driver arrived, walked around for 3 minutes looking for unmarked car that didn't appear to be there, received call from driver I think, foreign accent, couldn't understand each other, tried to tell him drive down side of building but he hung up, Cancellation fee $8 and still standing there needing a ride, app did ask tho book another ride? Repeat proformance, I think not. Uber is impossible to contact except click on a few options just takes you on a ride to nowhere, deja vu, app did agree to refund $8 fee then it deposited a whopping $0.00 into my account yay, now any attempt to address issue I get a friendly reminder but we already refunded you, not, great business model uber, catch ya not

UBER Black Drivers are dishonest

Several times I have booked an Uber black and on 3 of my last 5 trips the driver tried to call me...they advise they are on their way, and then ask where I am heading. That’s the trick - if they don’t like where you are heading they cancel the trip from their end. This leaves you without a ride and no way to provide feedback on their terrible service. Back to 13CABS for me, Uber drivers have no one to blame but themselves

Uber App a Scam

I had the same experience as a number of people below. The app showed the driver arrived but there was no driver. I tried to call. The number was a land line and no answer. I sent messages. No response. I tried to cancel to book another and was asked to pay $10!!! At that moment I realised I had been scammed. So my partner used his app to get us there. "[name removed]" (the fictitious driver) cancelled and the next morning I was charged $10 anyway!!!! It was very hard to get in touch with uber (they don't make it easy). I was given a refund but warning to anyone in the future using this app. It's open to the same scam (witness the other similar stories below). Maybe time to reconsider the regulated taxi industry after all.

Rip off

Twice the price of cabs, drivers don’t know the direction of trips, with passengers telling currently t routes and maps show extended routes, usually including tolls. Cars are small and not well kept.

Transportation of a pet in a carrier in a emergency

Mostly good however if transporting a pet in a carrier in an emergency, the driver drove off on me. The reason I’m catching an Uber is because I DONT HAVE A CAR! Unacceptable

Cannot Pre Book a Ride!

I’ve tried to pre book a ride to the airport a day ahead. I found there was NO ICON in the UNER app to allow me to do this..!
I’ve phoned UBER to enquire how to pre book but found there 24 hr help line is only answered from 10am to 6pm! When I called after 10 am I was told the “help line” was only available to “ drivers”..! They would not speak to the public.. Unbelievable.. Who would be made enough to book a ride with UBER.!

Uber is a dud

I used uber at least 5 times a week for my elderly mother and myself , app was not accurate very often. Stay away from uber. I'm using 13cabs now and very happy.

Terrible service

I have been using Uber since it first arrived in Perth. It used to be great service and great drivers, however in the last couple of months/year the quality has gone down hill dramatically. The drivers are incredibly rude and sometimes completely ignore you. Most of the cars are not overly clean and smell. But the absolute worst is the pickup process, the amount of
drivers I have seen just sit in the same spot after the trip has been accepted is incredible. Then once they finally start to drive toward your pick up, they go the complete opposite direction. It truly baffles me how this manages to happen almost every single time? The amount of drivers that have driven straight past me/my pickup location is also another issue. The only reason i continue to use uber is because it’s cheaper than catching a taxi but that is the only reason because they are absolutely useless.

Worst customer service

I have never experienced worse customer service in my entire life. i have had an issue logging into my account for 3 weeks now and have sent numerous inquiries to get help. Customer service do not listen to your problem they tell you to look at their website and then they stop replying to you. I will never use the app again.

Can i get Uber from emerald springs roadhouse to darwin? How much i need pay?
The distance is 200 km. I just tested it in the Uber app and it says ‘Uber is currently unavailable’. So simple answer is ... not using Uber. Even if it was available you would have to negotiate an additional cash fee for the driver’s return trip. Edit: Uber is available in the Darwin area only.

I'm a uber driver from more than 2 years and I can't go on line ...? messages said : Acccount need attention....and under "please contact support about your account " get up at 4,30 am this morning to drive coming from holidays and impossible to go on line......or contact support ...... please help me , I want to drive soon as possible and all my document are correct ??????????????/
I don’t understand why you would ask the public as this is NOT the Uber site. ‘please contact support about your account’ clearly indicates what action you need to take. For drivers there has ALWAYS been support via the app as well as phone support. I have experienced problems with both because the call centre is ‘overseas’. I found that attending their office has been the quickest way to resolve issues. Please share Uber’s issue as well as the outcome.

Can I book an on my Uber app from Perth for my elderly father in Auckland, NZ?
I just tested it without booking and it appears you can. But there could be typical problems with pickup. Wrong address, father not out front ready, will driver be able to contact you via an o/s number, time difference. You could try it with someone else who lives in NZ as a trial run. Also if father is infirm suggest using UberAssist.