TAX and Shipping.. Not worth it

I thought I had struck gold finding somewhere what stocked the same items as what I had wanted to order from amazon.

Proceeded to pay for my item, it estimated shipping cost as being $66 which I though was. Bit high but I was happy to pay it. Processed my order. Looked at my bank statement the next day only to find I had been charged an extra $50. Checked back on the site and the order update said they had also added customs and tax on top.... Now I'm OK with that but when they charge you 20% of the cost instead of GST 10% and don't have it for review at the checkout... Not happy. Won't be buying from the site again.

AndyIllawarra, NSW

Double charged on my credit card, and not as advertised with delivery date, hoping it arrives eventu

So far my first experience has been a worry. Not 100% sure if UBUY are legitimate. The reviews I have read sounds too good to be true. My experience to date is they have charged my credit card twice for one transaction, can't tell me why that occurred. I have raised a dispute with my bank in relation to the double charge and I went to the online chat asked how that double charge can occur? I was advised I will be refunded in 4-5 days. They can't give a definite delivery date, a bit worrying as I paid a fair bit Extra to get in 5-9 days. I will be back and review again if my purchase arrives, however not confident!

Sidharth KUbuy

Dear Andy, we apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and request you to please share your order number on our support email - info@ubuy.com and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Thank you!

Sidharth KUbuy

Any L.

Any L.asked

does ubuy charge postage? I can't find any such charge and don't want to proceed with the order and establish an account if they do charge too much.

LeeAnne
LeeAnne

Yes there was a postage charge. It is quiet high but depends if you really want the product or not I guess.

Ross E.
Ross E.

Their shipping charges are exorbitant. The last couple of times I aborted my order for this reason. Also (from above reviews) extra charges are also applied. Never again!

Macca the Roadworker

Macca the Roadworkerasked

Was trying to use this site, but had to fill out a full form just to get a freight price. Just wondering how good ubuy is seeing the latest reviews seem to be pretty negative.

Peter P.
Peter P.

I didn’t have trouble and if fact paid about $25 extra for 3 to 6 days delivery. However purchase arrived in 15 days and they refused to refund the extra freight. That wasn’t the only problem, by far. So I strongly recommend you don’t buy from them.

Thankyou for that. Sometimes when it looks like a duck it is nice for someone else to reinforce it by saying it quacks as well.

Adele w.asked

I'm wanting to buy a pram costing just over $900 Aus in total including shipping charges but am now reading that the customs charges aren't added onto the order till it's too late to cancel. Is this true and if so what is customs price?

Jovanka
Jovanka

I wouldn’t buy a pram through ubuy. I have a 1 1/2 yr old and after the experience I had with a purchase of hair colour and Ubuy, I certainly wouldn’t be buying a pram through this lot. Way too expensive and not to be trusted. I received what Ubuy claimed is a commercial invoice, it was an invoice with their letter head and the actual price it costs to buy the colour. It was marked up by 200%. I recommend you buy a pram from a reputable distributor to ensure safety/warranty/costs are all above board. Good luck.

Adele w.

Thank you for your feedback. Only reason I want to get it is because it's half the price of prams here in Australia but im not sure about the whole site thing so may keep looking elsewhere.

Adele w.

And the company its self won't ship to Australia sadly

Get an answer from our members and Ubuy representatives

Other General Merchandise Shops