Ultimate You

Ultimate You Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

franshesco v.asked

Before I signed up I was under the impression the whole program was free, and that you had to qualify, but when you get there and after the interview then they tell you you have to fork out $495 to do the program. I signed up guys thinking it was a good idea, but at the time I signed the contract, I couldn't read the fine print as I need glasses. But going for what the person interviewing was saying it seemed to be quite thorough. I don't remember the part of putting their logo as your FB main picture for the complete 6 weeks of the challenge let alone publishing your picture after every workout, later on when I came to read the contract I found out all these little details, which I would have not approved at the time of the interview. In my case is also not convenient because I have to spend an hour getting to and back home from the gym and theyr times for the classes are also not ideal if you have to look after your children, their classes are only before 9 am and after school hours. I say do this challenge but it is not for the faint-hearted. It is very tough for the mind and the body to lose 9kg over a week. And if you do it because you going to save money think again. They say they are going to put you on a personalised regime but it's not true the regime is for everybody the same. And iot doesn't include the protein shakes you have to buy them your selves, I bought them online and saved $20 more than I would have done if I bought them with them. Am still doing the challenge but I now know im not getting my money back, because I didn't denigrate myself in facebook, putting their ugly badly designed logo badge over my face for 6 weeks. I'm going to follow the matter with Consumers Australia.

Dina S.

Dina S.asked

Hi guys, how much is it for 9in6 challenge?

Piyuma B.
Piyuma B.

$497

franshesco v.

Don't do it, you can lose 9 kgs weight in 6 weeks if you run 30 mins 5 X a week and take out wheat, dairy, sugar, rice, potatoes and alcohol of your diet. Save your money you can have a yearly gym contract with that money. :-)

cynders

cyndersasked

How long is it before you normally refund the money to successful people?

Kylie C.
Kylie C.

Can’t comment personally as I continued on at the gym. However I do know people who have waited over 8 weeks and had to constantly hound them for their money. And in other cases people had received their money back after the four weeks. Do not if the centres operated differently when it comes to the refunds

Loz1234
Loz1234

I am still waiting for my money back!! (Submitted my exit form in July) I have emailed/called every week since the 30day processing period, and never get any real information from them...

misi c.

misi c.asked

Did anyone eventually recieve refund, even when it was months later?

Anonymous User
Anonymous User

Alison

Yes! 5.5 weeks after doing my exit interview.

franshesco v.

Before I signed up I was under the impression the whole program was free, and that you had to qualify, but when you get there and after the interview then they tell you you have to fork out $495 to do the program. I signed up guys thinking it was a good idea, but at the time I signed the contract, I couldn't read the fine print as I need glasses. But going for what the person interviewing was saying it seemed to be quite thorough. I don't remember the part of putting their logo as your FB main picture for the complete 6 weeks of the challenge let alone publishing your picture after every workout, later on when I came to read the contract I found out all these little details, which I would have not approved at the time of the interview. In my case is also not convenient because I have to spend an hour getting to and back home from the gym and they're times for the classes are also not ideal if you have to look after your children, their classes are only before 9 am and after school hours. I say do this challenge but it is not for the faint-hearted. It is very tough for the mind and the body to lose 9kg over a week. And if you do it because you going to save money think again. They say they are going to put you on a personalised regime but it's not true the regime is for everybody the same. And it doesn't include the protein shakes you have to buy them your selves, I bought them online and saved $20 more than I would have done if I bought them with them. Am still doing the challenge but I now know im not getting my money back, because I didn't denigrate myself in facebook, putting their ugly badly designed logo badge over my face for 6 weeks. I'm going to follow the matter with Consumers Australia. Anybody wants to join me to do a class action is welcomed.

K G.

K G.asked

Guys is this worth it? Can you have instagram instead of Facebook to check in.

Jeremy H.

Worth it if you DONT want your money back because they say they will refund it but they won’t.

maddie

I'm sorry Jeremy but this is a false statement there are many people who get there money back. After the program ends you need to schedule a one on one with them known as a goal setting session. They will probably get you to try and continue on and stay with them but even if you don't want to that want to help you so that when you finish the program you can go on and still try and achieve your goals.

Alison

So worth it! Just follow the rules of the program and you’ll get your money back.

stephasked

how much is the 5in4 challenge to start with?

Jeremy H.

If you complete it and want your money back they do not refund it.

steph

but it says u get it back? did u do the challange and not get it back? which location?

maddie

you do get your money back 5 in 4 is the same price but if you don't have a lot of weight to lose doing the 5 in 4 is better

Life123

Life123asked

Hi Honey, refer to your comment, even if you achieve 9Kg target, don't they refund money, provided that you have changed the FB profile picture and checked in every time visiting the gym. I mean do they push you to do other programs rather than refunding $497?
please advise.

Venki
Venki

Yes they do and take all means to avoid paying you back

Alexandra W.

I feel this review is unfair. I am about to start the 5 in 4 challenge and the team at Ultimate You explained everything to the group including changing your facebook profile pic and sharing/checking in everytime you visit the gym. Pretty good offer if you ask me, people expect things for free but they have to run a business at the end of the day. Any way if I lose 5kg in 4 weeks im happy to pay that amount regardless. sounds like you should have attended the induction.

Raj
Raj

Hi, same experience here. They will find every reason to not refund you. The check-in is misleading. I came to know only yesterday that I have to check-in and comment on facebook not only at the Reception or in the UY App. I did checkins and review in the App but not on facebook as I dont use facebook. I had set my profile for whole 6 weeks. So I had intentionally done everything right. Getting money back is important for me. I dont want to join Gym. I feel cheated so dont want to go back either to humiliate myself further.

Honey00asked

Thanks everyone for your reviews and experiences about ULTIMATE YOU GYM. Just wants to ask How much you have to pay in the beginning and at the end if couldn't make it. Just don't want to be ripped off as all their advertisement seems very impressive on Facebook.

Bucky
Bucky

Hi Honey00, I paid $497 upfront for the 6 week program. If you don't make the weight (9kg loss in 6 weeks) you forfeit the payment. There is no extra to pay. If you make the weight loss target you can continue with another program without paying again.

Honey00

Thanks alot Bucky for your response. Its bit pricey have to think about if I should go for it or not. Thanks again. Cheers.

Alexandra W.

it is pricey but I think that's what will motivate me! they changed their business structure after clients paying signing up and not returning. so to pay upfront and advertise for them is a win win...and no I don't work there I just have friends who have done this challenge with great results and im excited to start

Get an answer from our members and Ultimate You representatives