Katerina S.

Katerina S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst gym company. Don't trust South Melbourne branch

I completed my 9in6 back in April 2019. I am still waiting for my refund. Sent another email today hoping this time it is the charm. This company is false advertising. I have had countless UY workers fact check and approve me for my refund and here I am still waiting, almost 24 months now! I can't express how angry I am. Money is so tight in my life right now, I only did the challenge to CHALLENGE myself. I did, I was successful and all I have gotten in return is a back and forth of empty promises.

To Andy the owner - how can you be happy with your company? Please do the right thing for me and everyone else that is rightly owed money. A contract MUST be honoured. Please let this nightmare end.

Katerina

Disgraceful. 16 months and still no refund!

Finished my 9in6 back in October 2019 and still haven't received my refund. My emails are being ignored so have progressed through ACCC. As I understand, I'm not the only one. So disappointing and would never recommend.

Still waiting for my refund

Did the 6/ 4 challenge and decided not to proceed further and wanted my $500 refund.
Its been 11 months since they prossesed and nothing.
After constants emails The manger Tess and the main ultimate you email nothing.
I am going to consumer affairs with this.
Just keep up your side of the bargain...please

Find out how Ultimate You compares to other Bootcamps & Fitness Programs

Let’s do something about this!!

Been a year with no refund!! Constantly calling and emailing with no reply.
Completed the 6 in 4 challenge last year, don’t get me wrong it was a great push to get fit quickly. The trainers were fantastic. Not so much the manager Tess.
People should know the truth about this company.

If anyone else wants to go current affairs with this matter! Let’s do it.

Michael G.
Michael G.

Ummm yeah great email!!
It’s been over a week now and you haven’t replied back. What kind of service is this crap. For a company of your size you should be ashamed.

Don’t trust Ultimate You Footscray

Natalie
Natalie

Thank you for getting in contact with me and rectifying the issue by refunding my money.

yash g.

yash g.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

False Promisses

Dazz

DazzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware false promises!!

They make you pay upfront and make all the promises up front - if you are successful you will get your money back. The staff were fantastic while I was going through the 9 in 6 challenge and I dropped almost 12kgs throughout the 6 weeks. After making me jump through hoops to prove I had complied with all the requirements to get my refund, despite now 20 emails, I am yet to receive my money back. I was guaranteed in March that I would have my money within 30 days yet still nothing. They also took money from my account for personal training sessions that I didn't authorise or attend. It would appear I am not alone on the false advertising, next step consumer affairs.

Ankit L.

Ankit L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be careful with ultimate you promise

Antonio B.

Antonio B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Hi all be careful it’s Scammers...

DivsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

FRAUD COMPANY

I am still waiting for someone to get back to me in regards to my refund. It has been more than 30 days.

Before joining the challenge lot of people told me “good luck in getting your money back from them” , seems like they were right.

I should have also taken Current Affairs episode seriously where contestant like me struggled to get her money back from UY after completing the challenge successfully.

It’s like a pyramid scam. Andy Anderson the CEO is all business, you will always see him talking big about everything but he takes no accountability of any sort. They take your money and that’s it. After that you are just another money making member of gym.

Hey there,
As per your request two weeks ago I sent you an email with all the details but haven’t heard back from anyone!! I guess the entire company is based on lies!!!

Avoid - I used to be a fan, now I'm just disappointed!

simon b.

simon b.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Huge scam don’t do it !!!!!

Scammers!!!!!
They will trap you by advertising saying free weight loss challenges. But apparently, you have to pay $500. and they will encourage you that you can loose weight at the first day so that you can pay them $500 but after you paid money, they won’t look at you.

They advertising saying free weight loss challenges, but then you have to pay $500 upfront and when you finish and reach the challenge goal good luck to recover your own money...you won’t get your money back!!!!!

3 months later after reaching the challenge and many emails, phone calls messages still not able to recover the $500 deposit from the Cheltenham centre....the biggest scammers...
I am intending to report them

*You won’t get your money back!!!!
Scammers

ADS

ADSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

LIERS

Lose 9 kilos in 6 weeks for free looks like a scam. I lost around 12 kilos and when I asked for a refund of my deposit, they said that I have two Facebook accounts and must use the other account. It's my personal choice on which account to use for check-in. They didn't mention about the minimum number of friends required in the Facebook account. All that I was told is that you have to have a Facebook account. They are saying that my refund is rejected.

The trainer was really good. He was more supportive and encouraging. He helped me a lot.

Terrible - Scam

As stated by many here, I completed a successful challenge and met all their terms and conditions, yet 7 months later no refund. I've had to repeatedly email them which then culminated in them giving me a call apologizing for the delay in providing the refund but..... they would be happy to convert the money into a years membership. When I declined they said that the refund would be in my account within 4 working days. 3 weeks later and no refund.
Beyond a joke, went to consumer affairs, sent them a letter and still no response. Next step VCAT!!

Dani

I've emailed admin@ultimateyou.com.au. I am waiting to hear back from you.

Vin K.

Vin K.

Predators

They prey on the vulnerable to lose weight or enter their program. Then if people change their minds they don't honour their promise to give you your money back. They treat their employees terrible and expect them to work all day and night to meet their quotas its highway robbery. I would call the ACCC for false advertising and get the Ombudsman to get in touch with the Neanderthal bogan wannabe CEO to get your money back.

Absolute crap

My partner and I both lost the required weight to get our money back and ultimate you made it near impossible, we fought tooth and nail just to get half back in the end, would not recommend, you lose the weight and they don’t want to honour the deal
Well done for making a current affair, real shame to see we aren’t the only ones who struggled

Ultimate YouUltimate You

3 months later and still no refund.

Daniella Gilroy

Daniella GilroyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Steal your money

I joined the 9in6, did the work and lost the weight. No thanks to this gym, never spoke to me once. Didn’t clarify the rules when I asked (after class they’d say).

Been five months and haven’t given me my money back. I email once a month and they tell it’s being processed. End with “love and high fives” which I don’t want, I’d much prefer my money back.

Ultimate YouUltimate You

Sos ...Can someone help me get my money back???

Im trying to get my money back its being 5 months. Can someone take responsibility and get back to me. I'll keep pursuing this until it is returned as my mother has inoperable cancer and I need it to help with expenses.

FyS

FySGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A scam. Good reviews are only from those who haven’t finished the challenge

Gay d.asked

I referred a client and am due $100 (minimum) referral fee - Ultimate U have kept the monies of the client and said the fee is not due to me as the challenge is not going ahead - well that is not my problem - THEN do not keep the monies - that is stealing !!!!!

With thanks

Devaki G.asked

Did those of you who followed up with ACCC get their money back or even a portion of it, I'm currently trying to get my money back as due to COVID the government has closed all gyms and so they want to postpone the 9 in 6 challenge to occur later (after the virus) but I might not be able to do it at a later time but they're not giving me a refund!!

Rachel V.
Rachel V.

Hi there. To be honest I can tell you now you will not get your money back. There is no way they will return your money because of this virus.

Devaki G.

Would you say even with the help of ACCC that nothing can be done? The challenge was only 2 days in so really no facilities or services were even used by me?

Gay d.

I agree with you it seems to be the same all round - If the challenge is not going ahead - return the monies - I cannot even get my $100 referral fee for a client who paid the $500 plus dollars and no challenge of course - I think the whole concept is FALSE advertising cause initially when one is approached it sounds like it is a FREE challenge and then it would give you the opportunity to continue if one wanted to - very badly advertised and HONESTLY there are plenty of opportunities that are far less expensive and offer more - Dont be sucked in

Angasked

I've emailed Luke at footscray many times asking for my money to be returned as per the agreement. As yet, nothing and it has now been about 5 months. Can SOMEONE Andy or Andrea take responsibility and get back to me as my last email wasn't even responded too. My mother has been diagnosed with inoperable cancer and I must have my money returned to assist with her expenses.....

Adel
Adel

Hi Ang,
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.
All the people who are suffering this, Please call Nicole @ Consumer Affairs Victoria on (03) 8684 7275 and I am pretty sure you guys will get your refund. I was in same boat and they tortured me for months and finally i was able to contact Consumer Affairs and got my money back. Ultimate you guys are crooks and its a disgusting place.

Emily
Emily

Ang highly recommend doing as Adel says.

Ang

Hi Emily thanks for your response. I took adels advice and have called Nicole and put in a written complaint to them.
What an awful organisation they are totals scammers
Thanks for getting back to me

Get an answer from our members and Ultimate You representatives