3Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment

Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment Questions & Answers

🏆 2024 Award
Brand Manager for Ungvita? Claim your listing.
Samira B.
Samira B.

Can I used for tattoo

Merilyn B.
Merilyn B.

What is the length of time to keep Ungvita before it's too old to use?

Chris M.

In my experience, it lasts indefinitely. I apply it to any skin abrasion that feels sore, is showing raw flesh, or is like a paper cut, and within hours, the pain has gone and the healing is beginning.

However, I use it sparingly, as in a thin layer, which I'll often cover with macropore tape so it doesn't rub off easily.

For this reason, a tube lasts a long time. I'm just coming to the end of one I have had for a couple of years.

If I had to have just one thing in a first aid kit, it would be Ungvita!

Cheers... Chris Mathers. Lowood QLD Australia

rachel s.
rachel s.

Does this ointment help fungal skin infections

Robbo

I wrote the review, I use it everyday for an autoimmune skin disorder. I don't know if it would help for a fungal infection, however as it's used for babies nappy rash I would consider it safe to give it a try, it works brilliantly for me.

Chris M.

In my experience, it isn't helpful with fungal infections, until the fungus has been dealt with. Hydrosol is what you want to fix that. Just a little goes a long way.

brad o.
brad o.

Is ungvita cream good for ringworm

Robbo

I would suggest you ask a chemist.

Marlene Rule
Marlene Rule

Can i used ungvita cream for lichen sclerosis. I find the dermol not easing this.

Kez M
Kez M

Absolutely yes - I sometimes use it, also use emu oil and sometimes epaderm ointment as a barrier when I swim

kiwi
kiwi

Can Ungvita be used to reduce scars after necklift

Clint. P
Clint. P

My American staffy has just eaten a whole tube of ungvitta.
Should I be taking her to the vet? Is it harmful if swallowed?

Chris M.

I am not qualified to answer you in real terms, but I would not be overly concerned if I was in the same boat! I wish you and your Staffy well!

Sharron71

Pooch might get an upset tummy from ingesting so much Vaseline which I believe is a major ingredient of Ungvita, or he may have an allergic reaction. Keep an eye on him, but he'll most likely be fine.

Rosa M
Rosa M

Can Ungvita be used on psorisis?

Chris M.

I don't know for sure but I suspect not. What it might do is ease the pain but I don't think it will help cure it.
I also don't think it will worsen your condition. In my experience, it is brilliant at numbing the pain of cuts and It does help speed the healing process. It's an absolute must in any First Aid Kit.

mikaela.naomi.marin
mikaela.naomi.marin

Can Ungvita be used on acne? (Specifically at night after benzoyl peroxide, as a last step/occlusive moisturiser?)

Andi

I would use it after the treatment, where the skin is dry. Differn (acne treatment) dries out the skin and I find that using Ungvita clears this up in a couple of days. Its my miracle cream. I use it on my eyelashes too.

Kerry Lee C.

Only ever used the pink creamy ungvita as preferred it to the ointment type ungvita...r u still able to purchase the pink 1 as I’ve only seen the ointment 1

Andi

I remember a "pink" cream back in the day., but not sure it was Ungvita, (Bepanthen mabe?) Not sold any more in NZ and perhaps not world wide either. I remember it having a nice smell. However I find the (vaseline type) Ungvita to work wonders.

Thx

Margaret S.
Margaret S.

The ungvita I used on my children years ago was the pink creamy ungvita in a small tub. Never used anything else. Was brilliant.

Frank D.
Frank D.

can ungvita be used to heal a wound that is not healing

Sharron71

Ungvita will certainly help. The vitamin A in Ungviita promotes cell growth and also helps the skin to fight inflammation/infection which may be causing some of the problem. I would also recommend a few minutes of sunlight on the wound several times a day as UV radiation also kills germs.

Andi

I think it would help! I used this on my sons carpet burn when he had a fit and it worked. I think if you have tried other remedies you should give it a go. Its certainly my go to cream! I agree with Sharron 71 (above)
Can I ask what your wound is from?

Maggie
Maggie

Can I purchase a larger amount of Ungvita?

Andi

Hi Maggie, not that I am aware of. Only ever purchased it in the packet pictured. Love this stuff. Great for your eyelashes, a thin smear on your finger, then spread on your lashes makes a big difference.

Glen

Hi Maggie, I only know of the 50g tube in recent years. When I was a child (I'm 76 now) my parents used to buy a much larger jar that lasted for many years. (No expiry dates back then!). I only use it for rapid healing of skin cuts and abrasions and only a very small amount is needed, so the little 50g tube lasts for years too!

Diane B.
Diane B.

I'm 65 and Ungvita was all my mother used for everything g. Surely a wonder ointment. I used it on my babies ( pink one ) for nappy rash with brilliant results. My daughter recently bought some for her baby who suffers badly with nappy burn. She didn't like the smell but has been amazed with the results. Has been prescribed many ointments from her doctor but good old Ungvita has done the job. That's 3 generations and thank goodness it's still available. Have not seen the pink one anywhere though.

Sunil Kumar Mahato
Sunil Kumar Mahato

Does Ungvita cream help in the regeneration of skin over a wound having totally scrapped skin (area 8 cm x 8 cm) ?

Ross W.
Ross W.

Honey works well for that. Know this from much experience in healing skin wounds on myself and others. I have also been a beekeeper. Manuka honey is good, however use pasture honey unless it is an infected wound as it can sting a bit.

Andi

Sunil Kumar Mahato, I would use his where the injury has healed and is no longer open, to soften and further heal the damaged skin.

Bob
Bob

Can Ungvita cream be used on wound that won't heal?

Glen

My experience with Ungvita is mainly on small cuts, grazes etc and it heals them very rapidly. If a cut is deep enough, I use an adhesive bandage to pull the edges together. This works really well on the little nicks I get near my fingernails. I have never had a 'wound that won't heal', and I'm not a medical doctor, so I can't answer your question, except to say that non-healing is usually due to some other problem, and it would be worth getting your GP's advice about it.

arsenio baptista
arsenio baptista

Can it be used in fish ulcers?

carmel

I don't know. I know little about fish.

Sorry.

Pete
Pete

Is it good for burns on your foot ???

carmel

I'm not qualified to give medical advice, but I would use it for burns on my feet - providing they are not infected or weeping. Good luck!

Kimkim
Kimkim

can ungvita vitamin A oitment use for Keratosis pilaris

fox

sorry, I can not help you with this skin condition

ClaireBear
ClaireBear

I want to know this, too! My dad has asked me to send him some for his sun damaged face, so at $10 a tube, we might as well buy one for ourselves and see if it works...

Chris
Chris

Is ungvita good for athletes foot in children?

fox

I have never used ungvita on athletes foot which I would call tinea, however as the itch would be driving your child crazy I certainly would give ungvita a try as will heal the scin within a couple of days and your child should get rid of the itch within a hour of applying.

. A 50g tube of ungvita at your local chemist will cost you under $10.00 and I can assure you that having ungvita in your home is a must for other scin repair jobs .Good luck I would also like some feedback as to if it worked or not on athletes foot.

Caroline
Caroline

Hmm well considering athletes foot is a fungal condition, I wouldn't suggest it UNLESS you know that the fungi has completely eradicated. If you apply it on the skin when the fungi is still there, you could promote more grow as they they thrive well in warm and moist environment. Speak to the pharmacist, they might recommend a cortisone cream to relieve the itching and inflammation.

Kevin
Kevin

What size containers and price for cuts and wounds? THANKS kEVIN.

Mon
Mon

I do believe it only comes in a 50g tube. It's between $7 -$9 . Amcal chemist have it for 7.95

Can't say there is a specific amount needed for wounds.. dependant on size of wounds

Norman
Norman

Is Ungvita a swabable product? I work in the horse racing industry and I use it on my horses injuries and it works a charm. What I need to know is does the ointment have and contents that NSW racing prohibit from use on racing thoroughbred race horses.

KitchenWitch
KitchenWitch

I'd imagine you would need to cross reference the ingredients with the manufacturer and the industry code. I've used it on horses for years and yep it fixes just about anything, including severe 'rain scald'.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Ungvita? Claim your listing.
ProductReview.com.au award logo

Ungvita Vitamin A Ointment is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more

Lucas' Papaw Ointment