Uniden DECT 2145

32 questions from our users

Paul

Paulasked

DECT 2145

Hello could you please tell me how to make the phone ring longer as it only rings 3 times and stops thanks the model is dect 2145 series thank you

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

CaptainK

On the Base Unit push the MENU button and scroll down to Answering Setup. Push Menu button to select this and scroll down to Rings Number. Select this and change between 3 rings up to 9 rings Push Menu to select.

Virginiaasked

DECT 2145

One unit showing on the display "out of range" - what does this mean?

Virginia

Thank you I no longer need assistance as the problem has been solved.

Geoff G.

Geoff G.asked

DECT 2145

is this phone wireless for NBN?

CaptainK

You need to connect the Base Unit to your NBN Modem and then the handsets are wireless to the Base Unit.

Michaela C.

Michaela C.asked

Hi,

I was wanting to know if a wireless headset can be connected to this phone at all?

Phyllis Lai

Phyllis Laiasked

DECT 2145

Where is the battery located in the rechargeable hand set for DECT 2145 series?

CaptainK

The back cover bottom half slides off to reveal the battery for which you can buy a replacement.

Phyllis Lai

Phyllis Laiasked

DECT 2145

Is there a battery for the rechargeable handset that come with the DECT 2145series- if so, where is located?

IVAN.

IVAN.asked

Hello.
I wish to purchase an uniden 2145 + 1 telephone set, and I would like it principally for the answering machine feature after my Telstra voicemail was cut off when I joined the NBN with TPG.
What is the total recording time for this model? I have seen other corded phones with 12 minutes recording time, but that is too little for my purposes.
Also, are the recorded calls on this model able to be accessed remotely (ie. by dialing in to my landline number from another phone)?
Also, is the answering machine relatively easy to set up?
IVAN.

Mina G.

Mina G.asked

DECT 2145 + 1

the screen on my uniden dect 2145 went blank

CaptainK

If it is the handset unit, it could be the rechargeable battery. I bought one on line for a reasonable price when something similar happened.

Michelle

Michelleasked

DECT 2145

I have recently installed the Uniden DECT 2145 + 1. Where is the END button on the base unit? Also there are no messages on the handset but the red light in the top left is flashing, how do I stop it from flashing. Thanks Michelle

CaptainK

At end of call on the big base unit just hang up. On the handset type push the end button at centre right.
Flashing light - on the Base unit press MENU; scroll down to GLOBAL SETUP, push menu button & scroll down to VMWI Reset. Using the down button at right, select to YES and push menu to confirm. Done. Allow the Base unit to reset itself back to normal.

Julie Anneasked

DECT 2145

Hi does this phone plug into phone connection in wall to replace landline phone that Telstra no longer replace?

CaptainK

Yes it will be fine to replace your old phone, plug in the same, but it also needs 240V power so you need a power point nearby.

Julie Anne

Will the phone work in a power failure?

ktm

ktmasked

DECT 2145

I have cracked my hand set and would like another replacement looks like you can not buy a 2145 hand set by itself ,will another number hand set work?if so what number

Marinda

Marindaasked

DECT 2145

Hi I need to know if we can use 2 handsets with the Dect 2145 ? We have the base and one handset and need another handset?

CaptainK

The base unit will accept up to 6 handsets. The handset that came with it is already registered with the Base but the new ones must be registered to the base. Seems a fairly simple instruction in the on line user manual page 30. Once registered its a go.

Maree Sasked

DECT 2145

please can you help me to extend ringing time it only rings 4 times not enough.

Maree S

I went to page 22 went to menu then ring time can't seem to get it to work , can you help me please

CaptainK

Open MENU and select ANSWERING SETUP. Scroll down to RING TIME and select 6, 9, or 12 rings .Push MENU button to set that selection and that's it.

Jane Stasked

DECT 2145

We recently purchased a uniden DECT 2145+1corded phone because we wanted a phone that would operate during a power outage as stated in the units product manual. The battery was charged for the required fifteen to twenty hours and both units operated fine, however when we unplugged the base unit from the mains supply the phones would not work so what is the answer to them work in a power outage.

Jane Stasked

DECT 2145

We recently purchased a Uniden DECT 2145+1 because we wanted a phone which would operate in a power outage as stated in the manual for this unit. We charged the battery for the required fifteen to twenty hours and both the corded and cordless units worked fine. When we unplugged the base unit from the mains supply neither phone worked so my question is how does this model work in a power outage as stated in the manual.

CaptainK

I tried mine and the base unit could still make calls but the remote unit was searching for a connection to the base and had no dial tone. If you are connected to the NBN thru a MODEM, and the power fails, the Modem will not work and no calls are possible in or out. So your base unit should still work,

Thanks CaptainK
I am not sure about all the technical stuff but it was kind of you to respond. I did also contact TPG about our phone and internet problems and they did agree that the internet had dropped out eleven times during one day. They escalated the call to an engineer and an NBN engineer came out to our home and worked outside of our property for over an hour. He told us before he left that the wiring to our street is over fifty years old and ours was very corroded, i guess that says it all. Anyhow when we looked outside this morning there were another two NBN guys out there working and whatever was done between the three of them seems to have worked, the phone seems to be working as we had thought it should and the internet seems fine.
Thank so much for your input CaptainK.

Steven P.asked

DECT 2145

I would like to seek some feedback if I could please.

I have a Uniden Dect 2145+1 telephone which has worked perfectly for both incoming and outgoing calls.

I recently had an NBN Technician at my home setting up the NBN capability.

Yesterday I received from Optus my new modem which I set up using their instructions.

The telephone allows me to make outward calls however any incoming calls the phone does not ring at my end and I am told by the caller that when they call they hear one ring and then are diverted to a default Voicemail.

Would this be an NBN issue, Provider issue (Optus) or something I need to do on the telephone itself?

Thankyou for any assistance.

CaptainK

Perhaps you may have a spare old telephone, or one you can borrow, and plug that into the modem jack in place of the DECT phone. Get a friend to try a test call to the temporary phone and see the result. If it is the same result, contact OPTUS and let them know you tried another phone with the same result.

Steven P.

Thankyou for your reply CaptainK. That had crossed my mind and I will try and get hold of one and give it a go :)

Carolyne A.

Carolyne A.asked

DECT 2145

Will this work with the iinet NBN modem (VOIP)?

CaptainK

Yes, I am connected via the iiNet modem to the NBN with their NBN package. All works well.

Davo

Davoasked

DECT 2145

Will this phone work when connected to a Telstra Smart Modem, which in turn is connected to my NBN coonection desktop box?

CaptainK

If your modem has the standard telephone small socket (to connect the phone) and your NBN plan includes telephone services (internet + Phone), It should work fine.

debbie

debbieasked

DECT 2145

Can I set password on the phone to stop my teenaged using it all the time

CaptainK

Unfortunately there is no such feature on this phone. You could easily remove (and hide) the short phone cord between the base set and modem / wall socket on occasion, then replace it when you want, but would not receive calls while it was disconnected. That is what I would do like my friends whose au pair rang up thousands.

Lanaasked

DECT 2145

Is the 2145 compatible with any headsets?

CaptainK

There are NO headset ports on either the base phone or the remote handsets so no go. The clarity is very good as I wear hearing aids and have no trouble hearing the caller; and there is a speaker/microphone on the base set.

Lana

Thank you! I am needing a headset compatible phone for work, however.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Uniden DECT 2145