Uniden DECT 2145

5.0 from 1 review

12 questions from our users

Frank D

Frank Dasked

can I get an extra hand set for my uniden DECT 2145. I was told by our local store that a uniden 1015 would work but I cant see how

CaptainK

I couldn't locate any sellers of replacement or extra handsets for the 2145 whereas some other models seem to be available. Even ebay has none, new or used.

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Raffaella D.asked

DECT 2145 + 1

Does the +1 cordless phone handset (DECT2145+1) also need to be connected to nbn modem. It has been plugged into a power point overnight but still says ‘searching’. Also, display screen of corded phone is blank.

CaptainK

Seems something is wrong with the Base unit power. The Base unit has a power pack you plug in to a power point and the display should show date/time when the power is ON. It won't work without power and the cordless unit won't be recognised when the power is off. The Base unit phone cord joins the Base unit to the Modem VOIP Port.

Raffaella D.

Thank you. I eventually realised the problem was merely a loose connection to the power pack.

Raffaella D.

Nbn working, phones connected and working ... now need to address computer issues. Can't get PC to recognise CD to install wireless nano software. Tired of seeing message "insert cd" !

Rex Hocroftasked

if not connected to NBN will telephone work ??? need a new unit for my mother who is 94 and needs landline

CaptainK

Yes, this will work the same over a standard telephone line. If her telephone line also supplies her computer (ADSL line pre-NBN) you need a small interconnect ADSL microfilter (6cm x 4cm & a few dollars only) to connect between the wall socket and phone. Otherwise it should all be good, just plug it in.

Rex Hocroft

thanks for the reply No adsl at mums place

Pauline

Paulineasked

Uniden 2145 Series, remote handset shows ringer off (the bell icon is crossed out). Raising/lowering bell-ring does not change this, DND function-adjustment does not change it, nothing I've tried changes it. Help!

Hi Pauline,

Can you please try the following?
To adjust the Ringer Volume;
Press the Up arrow 3 to 4 times quickly on the handset
The line will then come off from the Bell Icon

You can also press the up arrow or plus sign on the base 3 to 4 times.

Rudolf

Rudolfasked

How to make the unit ring?

Hi Rudolf,

Can you please confirm if you are connected to NBN?

Julianasked

Great unit, but where the hell is the SET/LOCK/SELECT button? I keep setting the date but AM/PM continues to flash and I can't lock the date in. Instructions say "press the SAVE soft key or the select key", but there is no such key referred to in the instructions that I can see.

CaptainK

I note there is no lock key. I haven't had any problem with this at all since installing it over 12 months ago. I cannot guess why your unit should be having this problem.

Julian

Appreciate your quick response, thank you. Can you recall what button you pushed after you selected AM or PM - to stop it flashing and lock in the correct time and date? No matter what I do, I can’t lock the correct time and date - as soon as I press any other button, it reverts to 31/12/12, with the first digit flashing waiting to be reset again

Hi Julian,

Please refer to the following steps on the handset to adjust the Date and time;
Press MENU
Scroll down to the option 'Date & Time'
Press MENU
Input the numbers for the date (--/--/--)
Input the numbers for the time (--:--)
Scroll down to the appropriate AM or PM
Press MENU only once
Press the END button twice

Please note that our phones use 12 hour time not 24 hour time.

Serena S.

Serena S.asked

The manual is fairly useless. How does one set up the phonebook? Will it then display a listed caller name?

Hi Serena,

Please refer to the steps below in order to add phonebook entries into the phone;

Press the left button in the middle dial (Book Icon)
Press MENU
Press MENU on 'Create New'
Press the numbers to input a name only
Press MENU
Press the necessary contact numbers
Press MENU
Press MENU on 'No Selection'
Press MENU
Press the END button twice to exit

DJNasked

DECT 2145 + 3

Is this compatible with a Uniden DECT 6.0 handset?

Uniden A.Uniden

Can you please confirm the model of the DECT handset?
'DECT 6.0' is a series but will not specify the exact model.

You can check inside the handset for the model.

DJN

Inside the battery compartment it says 'ELITE9135+2'.

Uniden A.Uniden

Unfortunately, the DECT2145 series is not compatible with the Elite 9135 series.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Michaelasked

Does the +1 have to be plugged into a power point, and what is the range from the base to the +1.

CaptainK

The +1 handset usually resides in its charging unit connected to a power outlet, but is fully functional 0ut of it; ie; can make and receive calls OK when not in the charger.
I cannot find the specs for handset remote distance but we use it up to 20 metres away OK.

thanks

Roslyn S

Roslyn Sasked

Can I plug the corded phone into a wall socket?

CaptainK

Yes. The inlet is marked "Tel Line". I had an earlier model before the NBN arrived, much the same, and it worked fine with the normal wall socket. Once the NBN is installed you will then need to plug it directly to the modem (modulator/demodulator) box instead of the wall socket using exactly the same telephone cord. ie, you can use it now and when the NBN is on simply unplug from the wall socket and plug into the modem.

Hi Rosalyn,

Yes, for the phone to work, you will need to connect the power cord and telephone line to the corded phone.

Dan

Danasked

Is the DECT 2145 phone VoIP compatible?

CaptainK

Yes. I am on the NBN now and the 2145 base unit is plugged into the back of my Modem. 2 or 3 hand units are placed around the home, no cabling required.

Carolyn W

Carolyn Wasked

how do you change the number of rings

CaptainK

Push MENU button and scroll down to Answer Setup and select that with push of menu button. Scroll down-Tollsaver can be selected as 2 rings or 4 rings; or keep scrolling for 6 rings- 9 rings-12 rings. Select which of those you want and exit.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives