Uniden G1420 Guardian

• Ease of Installation
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Shep

Shep

No security with these cameras

I have two G14 series cameras and monitor. I have also a $40 trail cam.
Guess which catches all events?
Not the Uniden that's for sure. The Uniden does not record large things like vehicles, people, trucks or anything that comes in or out. It is readily triggered by grass blowing; I have a lot of footage of tree movement in the yard, but not the vehicles that came in. A frustrating waste of a lot of money.
Do not buy these products if you are needing good footage of anything happening, or if you need a security camera.
It is not good for these purposes.
DO buy if you want to monitor the wind blowing in the yard.
Better yet, get a cheap trail cam... they catch everything.

Siewert B.

Siewert B.Sydney, NSW

Why cant we get replacement monitor

I have bought two Uniden Systems. Easy to install, cameras work ok but both times the monitors just die. I would buy a replacement monitor if i could but guess what...you can't. Why?

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi.

Norbert V.

Norbert V.Sydney, NSW

Do Not buy Uniden G1420 Monitor security sys

Do not buy G1420 Guardian as the monitor just sat on my desk and then one day controls decided to stop working (It Was 16months old)rang Uniden and they could not careless very disappointed with the quality have now bought a different brand, works on desk top, laptop or iphone no need for a seperate monitor Best Part No MORE UNIDEN

Purchased in August 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $350.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Uniden G1420 Guardian compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Mike E

Mike ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Monitor freezes with no control function

System worked for a few years then the monitor controls stopped functioning. Contacted Uniden support but not worth spending the money on repairing. Start again with a different brand. Worked OK at the start.

Purchased in August 2018 at Jaycar Electronics for $399.00.

Shane M.

Shane M.Central, SA

Unreliable at best

Supposedly the range of the wireless cameras are up to 50 meters, but of the 3 I installed only 1 works consistently. I suggest looking at other products if security is a high priority.

Purchased in September 2019.

LangerTweed Heads, New South Wales

Shocking!

Bought 2 units, both monitors gave way at about the same time. Buttons don't work, unit stays on, freezes constantly, horizontal lines through monitor, only activates sone of the time.Rip off for $600. Dont waste your money, cant even buy replacement monitor.

Purchased in November 2016 at Tweed City for $600.00.

FLIP

FLIPDarwin, NT

Great camera horrible application.

Units work well standalone, I purchased the dock that allows you to connect remotely the unit works but the application is of poor poor quality and let's you down most of the time not being able to connect this is with it being plugged into nbn and the mobile on strong 4g connection. I wouldn't recommend this product due to the horrible application.

Purchased in May 2018 for $399.00.

Slazmo

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

It does alright for a home system...

Skyer

SkyerBrisbane, QLD

Don't bother you'll only be disappointed in the long run

I am really glad I waited to write this review. The reason being is that since we have moved house the system doesn't work as well. Not sure if there is interference with the cameras or what. The screen on the monitor has 2 lines of dead pixels which is annoying. When you record for longer than 60 seconds the module freezes and has to be turned off and back on to work again. The battery is horrible for only being 2 years old. Really disappointed. The cameras also no longer lock into their mounts as tight as they used to so its really hard to angle them to the position you want as they slip and self correct into another direction.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

JessV

JessVMelbourne

Great system.

JohnNFairy Meadow

Cheapest solution for the deterrence, surveillance and recording

BeachyStar

BeachyStarPerth, WA

Records and displays outside of house at a reasonable price

andy

andySouth East Queensland, QLD

what a big con

i bought uniden wireless system but it cannot be used without having cable connected to internet so it is not wireless uniden will not talk to me as it is no good to use in carravan

Jeff Lasked

Just received our Guardian G1420 kit to find it doesn't connect to the WIFI. The product is advertised as remote viewing via the internet but the trick is it doesn't appear to have the possibility without purchasing an optional Dock. Please confirm we have been tricked and need another product. This is our 3rd camera kit from Uniden and all others are Wifi compatable. The point of the wireless cameras capable of up to 150M is to have it at the front gate which means we will have to run a 240volt power cord 60M up the yard through the weather to plug into the cameras? Not very wireless? Is this the wrong product?

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Jeff L

According to the advertising this was a complete unit that was wireless and with 150 M possible connectivity and ability to be monitored by smartphone. Otherwise we would not have purchased this pack. A week ago we installed our Guardian solo pack which is perfect apart from the inability to connect from the front gate at 60 Metres from the router. The G1420 product appeared like the perfect answer to this problem and we would not have purchased it had we known it wasn't what was represented in the advertising. When it arrived today we find on the box that for remote viewing it also requires an additional doc and Ethernet cable. This is not what we believed it would be. I assume with the doc we would have to have the cable laying down the hallway and across a bedroom looking disgusting to get this product to work. I assume I will also have to have an extension cord running across the front yard to charge the cameras with the transformer sitting out in the weather as well. Not really good WHS compliance. As the third Uniden security camera kit this is a disappointing product.

Eileen T.

Eileen T.asked

How do you change the batteries in the monitor .Thanks

Hi,

JJJasked

Where do I find uid code?

JohnN

I am not so sure about your question. I did not have to enter the uid code and I cannot find the requirement for uid code for U1420 system from the manual. So I think you might refer to other system of Uniden or others, which requires you to enter the uid code for the supplier database. As I wrote, the communication between the camera and the monitor for Uniden U1420 system does not depend on the wifi or the internet connection. What you need to do is to pair the camera to the monitor (like to pair your mobile phone to the car audio system).

JJJ

As I found out you have to buy app base so you can see camera on your phone. And this gives you your code, thanks for your help

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives