Uniden GDVR8242

1.0 from 1 review · View Statistics

1.0

1 review

CrankyCooma, New South Wales

Will never buy another Uniden product

The DVR unit died shortly after the measly 12 month warranty period expired. I tried contacting Uniden to source a replacement unit, which I was grudgingly willing to pay for since I had already installed the cameras, but they don't sell them individually. They suggested that I buy a complete new system!
    As for the product itself, before its premature death, it was difficult to operate, with a very clunky user interface.
    In short, both the product and the aftermarket service are rubbish.

Adrian M.

Adrian M.asked

I have had the same issue as well. Can I replace the unit with an alternative DVR unit and plug in the existing cameras (I do not wish to crawl into the roof cavities :) )?

Cranky

I asked the same question of Uniden and their answer was no. They expect you to replace the entire system. I am less than keen to do that, and if I do, it certainly WON'T be a Uniden!

Uniden
    Uniden A.Uniden

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives