Uniden Guardian G3720

Uniden Guardian G3720

MPN: G3710

See the Best Wireless Surveillance Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RobDarling Downs, QLD

Very pleased after nearly 12 months usage.

I needed a system that I could monitor our property on mobile phone while away from house.
Also something where each camera is powered by mains power (no batteries.) and no cables connecting back to the monitor.
The Monitor works perfectly well from the NBN modem.
The System runs 24/7 . The 64 gig card is swapped every month.
Only 1 failure when no records saved on card for a couple of days which was fixed.
1 camera lost its color and turned purple which was replaced free of charge.
Yes Rating 5.

Purchased in September 2018 at Outdoor Cameras at Toowoomba.

Functionality
Night Vision
Connectivity / Reliability
Ease of Installation
Uniden
Uniden A.Uniden

John I.

John I.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't Waster your money -the G3720 is shockingly very poor!

4 Cams purchased start of 19 gave up within 2 months, all replaced- all failed again within 2 mths. A month ago only 2 remain working, all were mounted undercover.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $514.90.

Functionality
Night Vision
Connectivity / Reliability
Ease of Installation
Motion Detection

SimonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does exactly what it says

The system works well, App is good, reviewing recordings can be a bit cumbersome, Night vision is good and spotlights are effective. All worked as advertised out of the box. I have had the system a year now and am very happy with it. Ideally, I would like to see a software update that improves the process for viewing recordings. Don't expect it to transmit 150M through numerous walls its only a domestic system, but a good one for the money.

Not fit for purpose

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Idea, 80s Feel and Poor Operation and Really Poor Support

2 cameras dead, 3rd not sending any signal Uniden G3720 wifi Security Cameras

Sandra

SandraMelbourne

is ok but should be better

Bec G

Bec G

Awesome for a first system

I had purchased this for my dad for Christmas.

He has a bad back but was still able to instal the cameras with ease. It has a slight delay sometimes but that is mostly due to the how far away it is from the modem. The screen is awesome and talking through it comes out quite clear and quite loud. Excellent for scaring away troublemakers and family members who haven’t noticed the camera.

Biggest down fall is the app that connects it to your phone. It’s ok, you can see everything and take photos. Wish you could capture video off it.

just ok

Easy to install BUT range can be very restricted: a brick wall and internal plaster board walls significantly reduce the stated line of site spec from 150 metres to around 20 - 30 metres, restricting where you can place the camera relative to the monitor. The App won't work on android TV's, so if you are trying to stream to a larger monitor you would need something like chromecast (not tested yet) or Apple TV definitely works. Works well on Apple phones 5s and 6 and Apple iPads IOS 10.3.2.

Rob Cummins

Rob CumminsCamperdown Victoria

Guardian system

This system is simple to install and easy to view, but the system has its problems in that it stops recording at times and it makes it difficult to see what has happen when you are not there. It is the old saying you get what you pay for, if you are looking for a quick simple to install system at a cheap price this is the one.

por012

por012AU

This product is so user friendly

With WiFi connection, logical owners manual and 7inch touch screen digital monitor all easy to install, comes home security at its best at an affordable price. This product makes it easy to silently, visually vet visitors with out the need for wires to be strung - and there is an inter com if needed.

gday

gdayBrisbane

Serves it's purpose, but needs refining.

Graeme W.

Graeme W.asked

I have this model just wondering if we can save recording using cloud since it is connected to wifi. I am not satisfied with the 64gb as you don't always check it and i set my recordings to overwrite the old files. Is wifi enable external drive will able to save recordings?

Rob

Sorry I Don't use cloud , I have 2 only 64 gig cards and swap them 1st of every month, and yes overwrite if needed, also reformat previous info when putting card in,

JohnBasked

My G3720 seems to reboot itself every few days. I generally run it in scan mode so the screen is blank unless there is activity on one of the 3 cameras.
After it reboots, it returns to displaying all 3 cameras. I'd prefer this didn't happen because I don't want the screen to burn-in if we are away on holidays.
On a separate issue, the phone app is hopeless! Sure you can connect and view camera feeds but use the app for more than a few minutes and the connection is lost - even when connected to the same WiFi.
Being able to connect using a browser on a Windows or Apple computer would be great!

Dave

I don't think that mine even has scan mode, I haven't seen it if it has unless you mean the motion detection mode and the screen doesn't go black on mine. But, I'm still rebooting at least once per day and one of the cameras disappears and has to be power cycled to get it back and all three disappear and reappear lots all the time even if I'm only a couple of meters away from the cameras. I haven't seen any screen burn but then I haven't really looked. The mobile app just takes too long to connect to the cameras to be of any use and like yours, mine disconnects after a couple of minutes.

Uniden
Uniden A.Uniden

Hi John,

Thank you for your review.

Sorry that your experience with our Uniden product was an inconvenience.

Can you please provide a contact number or email?

I can arrange for a consultant to get in contact with you.

l.john.butler@gmail.com

Kateasked

I recently bought the Uniden Guardian G3720 wireless security cameras. The instructions say the charge should last 1.5 hours but it simply does not work at all without being hooked up to electricity. Can you tell me if this product is meant to come with a battery installed?

Simon

If you are talking about the tablet / screens, I remember that the battery was shipped seperately in the box, you need to install it, charge it and then the tablet will work indepently for an hour or so. I nearly thew the battery out with the packaging ! Also the phone app will not work unless te screens are connected to the internet.

Kate

Thanks so much Simon! The battery seems wrapped up in plastic and with cords hanging out and a white thing on the end. Does the plastic stay on or should it be removed? And does the white bit connect to something?

Dave

The tablet runs cordless but not the camera, the display unit looks like 80s technology so I would image that the battery is the same.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

CategoryWireless Surveillance Systems