Uniden iGO CAM 80

Uniden iGO CAM 80

MPN: IGOCAM80

2.7

• Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Juli

JuliMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

igo80 cam

The overspeed alert is driving me crazy. It repeatedly tells me I am over the (110km) speed limit even at low speeds (10KM).Cannot switch unit off, pulled it off the window chucked it in the backseaat where it continued alerting me for the next 30 mins didnt stop until i pinned the reset button
I was told by uniden to turn off the overspeed alert . And whats the point of that when the speed alert is supposed to be operational. Useless expensive piece of equipment. Now uniden want to charge me to look at it because it is just out of warranty. Off to consumer affairs i go.

Purchased in December 2019 at AutoPro for $230.00.

Red S.

Red S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK camera but an annoying camers

The camera quality is OK, but The speed camera warning is useless. The camera will alert you regardless of which direction you are approaching an intersection from - even if its in a direction that is not impacted by the camera. I have tried to turn the warnings off from the menu but it still persists blasting out warnings in a loud, tinny distorted voice. Not even an option to turn down the volume. I may have to put glue over the speaker hole

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $390.00.

Andy

AndyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Out of date already

I bought this specifically for the speed camera alerts. It recognises less than half speed and traffic light cameras and is not upgradeable. I rang Uniden and they confirmed this.

Dash Cams

Find out how Uniden iGO CAM 80 compares to other Dash Cams

Geoff

GeoffSouth West, WA

IGO80

Purchased May 2020 so been in the car 6 months. Installing was easy as per my initial review.
PT1: the overspeed alert is driving me crazy. It repeatedly tells me I am over the (110km) speed limit even at speeds between 95 & 105kpm.
PT2: I have tried to turn off the overspeed alert on a number of occasions but the instructions in the manual are very difficult to follow and I cannot work out if in fact the overspeed alert can be switched off or adjusted. I have followed the manual to get into the area of the cam but to know avail. My rating of this dash cam is that it is far too complicated for the average user. I would hate to ever have to save/ download vision if I had an accident. All too hard!

Purchased in May 2020.

T Quinn

T QuinnNew South Wales

iGO CAM 85R reverse camera cable too short

Fitted the latest Uniden dash cam to a twin cab Navara ute.
The cable supplied is too short for the reversing camera option. The 10m cable that is required is only offered with a new rear camera at $79.95 + $14.95 postage.
Buyer Beware

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $349.00.

Peter TSydney, NSW

Buy another brand

Followed the instructions to charge it and could never get it to turn on.

Rang their support line 2 days ago, waited on hold for 5 minutes then asked to leave a message with details for a call back which still hasn’t happened.

Took it back to JB for a refund so I can buy another brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Good for the price, could be better

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

DCF

DCFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality night footage

Barely viewable night footage, grainy, overexposed, impossible to view numberplates that were as clear as day to the naked eye, and the camera moves around too much on its mount, I would never again purchase any Uniden product.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $279.00.

Dooli

DooliCanberra

Good value camera, reliable and great resolution

Dash Cams

Find out how Uniden iGO CAM 80 compares to other Dash Cams

gamain

gamainNorthern Region, NSW

Very happy with my iGO80 dash cam

Denise I.

Denise I.asked

I just bought my new Uniden iGo 80 and had Autobarn install professionally - hard wired with the add-on kit cost for that. From the get go, the cam stays on, screen lit AND recording files over & over - never stops, even when the engine is off - even records hours of my 'stationary' garage wall..... any ideas?

Peter T

Return it, mine never worked from the start and their "support" was basically useless.

Bryanasked

I’ve igo 80 and brought the reverse cam separately and had everything fitted by auto election. When powered on the rear camera is the four led lights come on.
And I do not get any footage from the rear camera.
Please help?
btshean@gmail.com

Peter T

Sorry can’t help, mine never worked so I returned it for a different brand.

Keithy

Does the owners manual have specific instructions on how to switch on the reverse camera?

Alternatively, you could take it back to the auto electrician and get them to sort it, given they did the installation.

PJ-Tassie

PJ-Tassieasked

Where do you get the reversing camera, as featured in the product manual. I note the retailer had told me it includes a reverse camera but it doesn’t; it only comes with the (2 channel input) facility for reversing camera input. Disappointing and misleading - though I believe some previous models may have included both forward & reverse cameras...

Peter T

Sorry no idea, I only bought the forward facing one and returned it as it never worked from the start.

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Bryan

For it to have reversing camera an R has to be on the box

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.4"
Viewing Angle 150°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Channels 2
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Motion Detection, Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
ManualDownload manual