Uniden iGO CAM 80

Uniden iGO CAM 80

MPN: IGOCAM80
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Uniden

2.4
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Liam P.
Liam P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Will not switch off - very poor quality

Had this unit professionally installed and it will not switch off. You can make the screen "sleep" after a minute, but the screen will then not switch back on when you drive the car, so makes the screen worthless. Unless you want to advertise to everyone at night you have a dashcam installed with the bright screen glowing in the dark I would steer well clear of this unit. Also the menu button needs multiple presses to work.

Purchased in October 2021.

Bwil
Bwil

Terrible. Beyond terrible.

- The app does not work and so you cannot automatically transfer files to phone. Much like every other review I have the same issue
- My dash cam freezes often
- It doesn’t recognise my rear camera at all.

Purchased in August 2021 for $250.00.

Other Dash Cams

JuliMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

igo80 cam

The overspeed alert is driving me crazy. It repeatedly tells me I am over the (110km) speed limit even at low speeds (10KM).Cannot switch unit off, pulled it off the window chucked it in the backseaat where it continued alerting me for the next 30 mins didnt stop until i pinned the reset button
I was told by uniden to turn off the overspeed alert . And whats the point of that when the speed alert is supposed to be operational. Useless expensive piece of equipment. Now uniden want to charge me to look at it because it is just out of warranty. Off to consumer affairs i go.

Purchased in December 2019 at AutoPro for $230.00.

Red S.
Red S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK camera but an annoying camers

The camera quality is OK, but The speed camera warning is useless. The camera will alert you regardless of which direction you are approaching an intersection from - even if its in a direction that is not impacted by the camera. I have tried to turn the warnings off from the menu but it still persists blasting out warnings in a loud, tinny distorted voice. Not even an option to turn down the volume. I may have to put glue over the speaker hole

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $390.00.

Dash Cams

Find out how Uniden iGO CAM 80 compares to other Dash Cams

Andy
AndyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Out of date already

I bought this specifically for the speed camera alerts. It recognises less than half speed and traffic light cameras and is not upgradeable. I rang Uniden and they confirmed this.

Geoff
GeoffSouth West, WA

IGO80

Purchased May 2020 so been in the car 6 months. Installing was easy as per my initial review.
PT1: the overspeed alert is driving me crazy. It repeatedly tells me I am over the (110km) speed limit even at speeds between 95 & 105kpm.
PT2: I have tried to turn off the overspeed alert on a number of occasions but the instructions in the manual are very difficult to follow and I cannot work out if in fact the overspeed alert can be switched off or adjusted. I have followed the manual to get into the area of the cam but to know avail. My rating of this dash cam is that it is far too complicated for the average user. I would hate to ever have to save/ download vision if I had an accident. All too hard!

Purchased in May 2020.

T Quinn
T QuinnNew South Wales

iGO CAM 85R reverse camera cable too short

Fitted the latest Uniden dash cam to a twin cab Navara ute.
The cable supplied is too short for the reversing camera option. The 10m cable that is required is only offered with a new rear camera at $79.95 + $14.95 postage.
Buyer Beware

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $349.00.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Peter TSydney, NSW

Buy another brand

Followed the instructions to charge it and could never get it to turn on.

Rang their support line 2 days ago, waited on hold for 5 minutes then asked to leave a message with details for a call back which still hasn’t happened.

Took it back to JB for a refund so I can buy another brand.

Purchased in December 2019.

Other Dash Cams

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Good for the price, could be better

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

Dash Cams

Find out how Uniden iGO CAM 80 compares to other Dash Cams

DCF
DCFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality night footage

Barely viewable night footage, grainy, overexposed, impossible to view numberplates that were as clear as day to the naked eye, and the camera moves around too much on its mount, I would never again purchase any Uniden product.

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $279.00.

GKn
GKnasked

iGO CAM 85R, purchased from AutoBarn November 2020. Camera never turns off, even when ignition is off and car locked. I now have plenty of footage of inside my garage when car is parked. Help. Is this a wiring problem (installed by AutoBarn with installation costing $192).

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Juli

This product is a waste of money even after getting support from uniden with my issues. The camera still continually says overspeed limit, etc. i have now bought blackvue product. And its brilliant.

Denise I.
Denise I.asked

I just bought my new Uniden iGo 80 and had Autobarn install professionally - hard wired with the add-on kit cost for that. From the get go, the cam stays on, screen lit AND recording files over & over - never stops, even when the engine is off - even records hours of my 'stationary' garage wall..... any ideas?

Peter T

Return it, mine never worked from the start and their "support" was basically useless.

Bryan
Bryanasked

I’ve igo 80 and brought the reverse cam separately and had everything fitted by auto election. When powered on the rear camera is the four led lights come on.
And I do not get any footage from the rear camera.
Please help?
btshean@gmail.com

Peter T

Sorry can’t help, mine never worked so I returned it for a different brand.

Keithy

Does the owners manual have specific instructions on how to switch on the reverse camera?

Alternatively, you could take it back to the auto electrician and get them to sort it, given they did the installation.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

CategoryDash Cams
Screen Size 2.4"
Viewing Angle 150°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Channels 2
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Motion Detection, Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
ManualDownload manual