Uniden iGO Cam 820

Uniden iGO Cam 820

MPN: UNI-IGOCAM820

1.3

• Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (2)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

MikeSydney, NSW

Uniden IGO Camera 820 Dual with night vision

The camera itself is OK, not that user friendly to setup but what really annoyed me was the bracket broke about 3months after it was installed. Very poor quality and it shouldn't happen.

As a comms engineer, Uniden used to be top quality and was well renowned, I had a couple of their CB radios over the years but this camera mount is rubbish. Now I have to pay about $50 on Ebay to get a replacement.

Mike

Sure, I'll reach out to them today. Thanks.

S Gerrard

S GerrardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Rubbish

No Dramas to set up it's really quite easy
Quality of Footage is below par! very slow and very grainy, I would hate to have an accident thinking I had good quality footage.
Connectivity is the best feature not much else.

Purchased in October 2018 at Catch for $200.00.

Colin C.

Colin C.

Uniden money maker

The dash cam works fine BUT the screen mount is extremely poorly made and is not UV stable and as such it doesn't last. I have bought 2 spares and same problem. Absolute Garbage and the customer service stinks.

Purchased in May 2017 at Redeemed points on Visa Card.

Michael

MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Uniden iGo Cam 820

Purchased in October 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.00.

Angela F.

Angela F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can live with out it

Your brand is no worth being on the self, in any store.
Warranty or not, with the same problem every one has you should give our money back, so we can buy a new one. ( Differant Brand )
I have told all my friend to never buy this brand.
You should be a shamed of your product.

Purchased in September 2018.

Jase

Jase

Gaps in loop record make it utterly useless. Don't be like everyone else - read your manual.

Purchased in November 2018 for $249.00.

Pedro6014

Pedro6014Western Australia

Unreliable product

I am disappointed by this unit from Uniden, now out of warrenty, unreliable recording, give a a thump and it may work for 5 minutes, but then stops recording and battery doesn't charge even thou power is connected.Never worked properly since new In the bin for this heap of junk !

Absolute rubbish

Uniden have replaced mine four times with the same unit. All of the units have the same faults - stop recording, wont charge, corrupt files, short files. This is extremely unreliable and of very poor quality. My advice - do not purchase Uniden car cams - even Uniden Australia can not provide one that works!

Pricey2850

Pricey2850Mudgee

Others say NO! I say YES!

Phil H.

Phil H.Perth

Rubbish

Only had for a couple of weeks and never worked properly from day one. Took ages to set up going through the menu. Unit stops recording when it feels like it. Does not loop record. Unit has been connected to my PC for over 4 hours and is not charging.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality all round

Sadly it just got past the 12 months old, so no warranty. Plastic mounting was poorly designed so the main holder snapped off under its own weight, but I was able to plastic weld.... But....Intermittent recording now ( records when it feels like it )
Must say I thought Uniden was a better product. Never again

Unhappy

Unhappy

Misleading

I had the same problem. I was led to believe it had loop recording but it doesn't.
Expected much better quality from this company and given the price it certainly is not a good purchase.
You can purchase much cheaper cameras which give you the same features as this one.

Norma Hocking

Norma HockingHunter Region, NSW

Waste of my flybuy points

Rob Smith

Rob SmithBallarat

Terrible unit - not worth the money

Only way to charge now is 240V & then lasts ten minutes in the car. Will not charge in car - some of the buttons no longer work so cannot change settings. Will not auto start recording. Given up & buying something that is reliable. In my opinion there are much better options out there

Absolute Crap

Being on the road all day I wanted piece of mind in case of an accident. So I bought this unit about 18 months ago. A few months in I witnessed an accident so I told the people I would send them the footage. Got home only to realise the unit only taped for 5 minutes and that is for every time I turned the car on. Sent back to Uniden who sent me another new on... nothing but issues still. Now it won't record at all. Don't buy UNIDEN products

Ben

BenPerth, WA

Piece of junk

I purchased this a while back now from Harvey Norman. And since day one it’s never worked properly. It seems like it’s defective. It doesn’t take a rolling film it chunks one journey into about 357 mini videos. The menu and the controls are illogical and not user friendly at all. I lost my temper with it and hurled it in the trash. The only place for it.

Take my advice choose a different dash cam or save your money!

Gafh

GafhBrisbane

Yes.... a piece of junk.

Bought one of these, was faulty from the start. Store replaced it, not recording after 6 months. Am returning tomorrow. For those who say it records for very short periods be aware that this happens when the sensor is switched on. You need to activate the motion sensor every time you leave the vehicle and deactivate before you drive or it will sense motion intermittently and record accordingly and this is a real pain. That's 2 uniden for me.....first and last!

Konrad

Konrad

iGO Cam 820 unreliable

In the first 18 months of purchase it recorded intermittently, would rarely hold its charge and for some reason not be able to hold the correct time and date even. Now it doesn't record even though the red light is on. It has completely frozen. Will not be buying this brand again as too unreliable

Mas

MasAdelaide

Australian Junk

Absolutely unreliable, very disappointed. Never worked 100% . Bought it in case of an accident, ironically somebody run into may car, and the camera didn't record a thing.... arrrgh.

I should have read other reviews before buying this camera.
I'm going to buy another dash camera, this time I get a serious one.

Never again...

Andrew

AndrewNoosa

Useless

Absolutely useless. Very disappointed. It seems to stop recording after about 10 seconds. I went online to check this and read other people's reviews. Some said that it was still recording as long as the red light was on. Well, the red light went out too. Sometimes it was on sometimes it was not. On checking the footage it was not recording much at all. On a typical journey at seemed to only record when it felt like it. Not compatible on mac. Had to use my neighbours pc after an incident and that footage was not recorded. And what was recorded was not even in order. PLUS having dual cameras is not an advantage. It recorders each camera seperately so you have to open each individual file to watch! waste of money.