Uniden iGO Cam 820

Uniden iGO Cam 820

MPN: UNI-IGOCAM820
See the Best Dash Cams in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Uniden

1.3
  • Readable Number PlatesYes (3) · No (3)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Phoenix
PhoenixCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good dash cam but suction mount crap

I like this dash cam setup, but the suction cup is poor quality. When I tried to get a replacement I can’t as model out of date. I hope present model mounting apparatus are better and you can get a replacement if they break.

Purchased in January 2019.

swampyro
swampyroQueensland

Garbage Cam NO GO

l have two of these useless igo cams now, both just say low power and shut down.
l wrote to uniden..
"its out of warranty and discontinued, But if you want to send us the igo cam and $80 we will have a look at it for you". ????

Purchased in March 2015 for $200.00.

MikeSydney, NSW

Uniden IGO Camera 820 Dual with night vision

The camera itself is OK, not that user friendly to setup but what really annoyed me was the bracket broke about 3months after it was installed. Very poor quality and it shouldn't happen.

As a comms engineer, Uniden used to be top quality and was well renowned, I had a couple of their CB radios over the years but this camera mount is rubbish. Now I have to pay about $50 on Ebay to get a replacement.

Mike

Sure, I'll reach out to them today. Thanks.

S Gerrard
S GerrardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute Rubbish

No Dramas to set up it's really quite easy
Quality of Footage is below par! very slow and very grainy, I would hate to have an accident thinking I had good quality footage.
Connectivity is the best feature not much else.

Purchased in October 2018 at Catch for $200.00.

Colin C.
Colin C.

Uniden money maker

The dash cam works fine BUT the screen mount is extremely poorly made and is not UV stable and as such it doesn't last. I have bought 2 spares and same problem. Absolute Garbage and the customer service stinks.

Purchased in May 2017 at Redeemed points on Visa Card.

Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW

Uniden iGo Cam 820

Purchased in October 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $120.00.

Angela F.
Angela F.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can live with out it

Your brand is no worth being on the self, in any store.
Warranty or not, with the same problem every one has you should give our money back, so we can buy a new one. ( Differant Brand )
I have told all my friend to never buy this brand.
You should be a shamed of your product.

Purchased in September 2018.

Jase
Jase

Gaps in loop record make it utterly useless. Don't be like everyone else - read your manual.

Purchased in November 2018 for $249.00.

Pedro6014
Pedro6014Western Australia

Unreliable product

I am disappointed by this unit from Uniden, now out of warrenty, unreliable recording, give a a thump and it may work for 5 minutes, but then stops recording and battery doesn't charge even thou power is connected.Never worked properly since new In the bin for this heap of junk !

Absolute rubbish

Uniden have replaced mine four times with the same unit. All of the units have the same faults - stop recording, wont charge, corrupt files, short files. This is extremely unreliable and of very poor quality. My advice - do not purchase Uniden car cams - even Uniden Australia can not provide one that works!

Phil H.
Phil H.Perth

Rubbish

Only had for a couple of weeks and never worked properly from day one. Took ages to set up going through the menu. Unit stops recording when it feels like it. Does not loop record. Unit has been connected to my PC for over 4 hours and is not charging.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality all round

Sadly it just got past the 12 months old, so no warranty. Plastic mounting was poorly designed so the main holder snapped off under its own weight, but I was able to plastic weld.... But....Intermittent recording now ( records when it feels like it )
Must say I thought Uniden was a better product. Never again

Unhappy
Unhappy

Misleading

I had the same problem. I was led to believe it had loop recording but it doesn't.
Expected much better quality from this company and given the price it certainly is not a good purchase.
You can purchase much cheaper cameras which give you the same features as this one.

Norma Hocking
Norma HockingHunter Region, NSW

Waste of my flybuy points

Rob Smith
Rob SmithBallarat

Terrible unit - not worth the money

Only way to charge now is 240V & then lasts ten minutes in the car. Will not charge in car - some of the buttons no longer work so cannot change settings. Will not auto start recording. Given up & buying something that is reliable. In my opinion there are much better options out there