Uniden Premium DECT 3135+1

Uniden Premium DECT 3135+1 Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Bob G.

Bob G.asked

Can I register a DECT 3135+1 handset on to a DECT 1735+3 base?

Heather

Heatherasked

My DECT 3135 has suddenly started making a high pitched repetitive screeching sound as anyone tries to leave a message. You can talk through it, but no one is inclined to do so. Any suggestions, I have disconnected & reconnected but it continues.

Woomeraasked

Can I purchase an additional handset for a DECT 3135? I saw a handset for DECT 3136. Would that work with my phone

Uniden A.Uniden

The additional handset you will need is the DECT3105.

Unfortunately, as your model has been discontinued we no longer stock the parts in relation.

You can, however, try online sites like; Ebay, Gumtree, etc.

The DECT3136 additional handset will not work with your model.

JEtasked

My answering has stopped taking messages. When a caller rings in they are told “the person you are calling is not available”. Can you help?

Uniden A.Uniden

It seems like you have the feature 'Announce Only' activated. This only announces a greeting but does not take messages.

You can deactivate this feature through the following steps;

Scroll down to Answering Setup
Scroll down to Record Time
Scroll down to either 1min or 4mins
Press MENU
Press END two times to exit

JEt

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion but it did not work. I cannot understand how the feature ‘Announce Only’ would switch from the ‘Record Message’ feature after working perfectly since we installed the phones.
We have recently had NBN connected, I wonder if that caused the problem. Any ideas?

Uniden A.Uniden

It seems like there might be a Message Bank activated on your line by your Service Provider.
The only default greeting we provide with the phone is the automated male American voice.
Anything different that is heard, when calling in, will be the Message Bank service on the line.

Can you adjust the ring time on the phone to test if there is an active Message Bank/Voicemail?

This can help override the Message Bank that May be active. The way you are able to manually adjust the ring time on the phone, your service provider can also adjust the ring time on their end. If their Message Bank is set to a default of 7 rings you can decrease the ring time on the phone to allow our Answering Machine greeting to cut in.

Please ensure that the landline is free before going through the following steps;

Scroll down to ANSWER Setup
Scroll down to RING TIME
Scroll down to 6
Press MENU to save

After you have set this in, can you please try calling from your mobile and leave a message?

You should be able to hear the message come through.

You can choose to leave it with a shorter ring time at 6 or you can contact your service provider to deactivate the message bank on the line so that you can have a longer ring time and the messages will come directly to your answering machine base.

RAS

RASasked

Recently my VOIP connection failed while receiving a call on my 3135+2. After I rebooted my gateway modem, the charging indicator light began flashing on all my 3135 handsets. To fix this I disconnected the power adapter on the base station for a minute or so. All now OK. This fault is not mentioned in the Owner's Manual. How come?

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for your review.

Usually, the red light on the phone will be flashing for two reasons.
There is a new message on the answering machine
There is a new voicemail message on a Voicemail box that has been activated on the line by the service provider. (There are two Voicemails that they provide; Message Bank and Voicemail on Call Waiting.)
If there are no messages on your answering machine base, you will need to contact your service provider to retrieve the messages on the line.

Once this is done, the flashing light will stop, message icon will disappear and the dial tone will revert back to normal.

coral ritchie

coral ritchieasked

Is the 3135 uniden compatible with NBN

Hi Coral,

Yes, the DECT3135 has been tested to work with the NBN.

Lucho Polevi

Lucho Poleviasked

Can I register a DECT3035+2 on a DECT3135+2 base?

Hi Lucho,

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately, both models are not compatible and won't be able to link together to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

ripperritaasked

red light continually flashing have replaced batteries?

Mustangsally
Mustangsally

the red light should stay on all the time.when you lift the phone up from the cradle it goes off.
Have you tried cleaning the contacts of the base and the phone where it sits on the base .I use a rubber (pencil) ones I clean mine once a month .they get dirt on them. the other thing you can do is google Uniden Premiun Dect 3135 Owner manual and you can bookmark it.
If this does not help sorry I have no other ideas.

Thank, you will try

Karen C

Karen Casked

Can you turn off voice mail on the uniden sect 3135 phone?

ron g

ron gasked

What is the usual standby time for a uniden 3135 1 cordless phone?

Donasked

i have a uniden dect 3135 and when on a call the handset cuts out after 20 minutes. I can ring back and talk for another 20 minutes and it will cut out again. Any ideas?

JohnD
JohnD

Hi Don, I have the same issue. Have you had any luck solving this? Cheers, John

Don

Yes, our telco provider had a 1800sec timeout on calls, once this was removed,no problem

Maddalena Fiorasi

Maddalena Fiorasiasked

Hi there, I cannot get the line from either of our two cordless phones! On the phone display I read:

Handset #1
New CID: 9

If I press the Talk button there is no line. I cannot make or receive calls. It is not a battery problem just to clarify. Can anyone help me please?

beebeegee
beebeegee

See my review - not impressed with the 3135. That being stated, make sure your phone line cable to properly seated in the Uniden base unit jack. If that does not resolve the problem it is probable your handsets are not recognised by the base unit. Refer to your owners manual for "Resetting Handsets" and give that a go. If that does not work return it to the store for refund or exchange as it could be faulty.

hello Maddalena,
I don't have the cordless phone so I don't have this problem you are encountering. I don't have any problem at al with my landline phone set. I am so sorry that I can't give you specific help. My suggestion is to take it to the shop/retailer and ask for their help. perhaps, even your phone is still under warranty? ind regards, Denys

kevin allen

kevin allenasked

Answering function is switched on but when a message is left it does not record, instead the message goes to 2102?

Denny16

Oh! I am so sorry to hear that it is happening to you. I never had that problem. Unfortunately, I don't know what to do to solve your problem. Your best option would be to take it to the shop where you bought it and either get a new one , if still under warranty or they tell you what to do to fix it. Again, my apologies for not being able to help you on this occasion. Kind regards, Denys

See all Uniden Premium DECT 31xx Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives