Uniden XDECT 5135 + 1

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bad Bluetooth reception.

Bought the Uniden 5135 +1 last week to take advantage of the Bluetooth links the phone is supposed to have. Shocking! Any call that comes in can't be heard properly - bad static all the time - so I end up using the mobile after all.
Disappointing to say the least ( a reset button might have helped the process, but who knows!)

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $89.00.

NOT HAPPY

I had a panasonic with no problems & easy to use. Thought I would upgrade and purchased the Uniden 5135. It is not easy to use, especially looking up the phone book. I need to go through too many functions to get to it. The time on the CID does not update and the time the call was received is incorrect. Overall not as good as the panasonic. Im sorry I purchased it.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

A Very good phone system - worth the money

I bought this system as a replacement largely because we were converting to the NBN and I had no means of providing a second phone on the first floor through NBN. I was also looking for a phone system with extended range as we have a fairly large house.
I have had Uniden products before and they have never let me down so I figured another one would have to be good, and I was right!
The system was really easy to set up and it plugged into my NBN modem easily.
The 5135 features a few really nifty ideas - for example you can connect your mobile phones via bluetooth and they will then be answerable on the Uniden phone. This is a really good as it means you can leave your mobile phone wherever you like in the house and provided you take one of the uniden extensions wherever you are, you can answer the mobile - no more hunting for that ringing phone! And you can connect up to 4 mobile phones and the 5135 will tell you which phone is actually ringing. There are privacy features on the system too so that only certain people can answer certain phones if you want that sort of functionality.
The Bluetooth mobile function will continue to work even if there is no landline connected, so this too is a good feature. The only thing I have found - and the only thing in fact stopping me giving this phone 5 stars - is that the Bluetooth occasionally seems to not go in sync with the mobile when coming back into the house from being out somewhere and I have yet to work this one out. The only way that seems to work is for me to delete the pairing and re-pair the phone with the mobile. I consider this a minor issue.
The clarity of the sound is incredible and the hands-free function of the phones also works really well.
The extended range of the 5135 is also great - I can very easily get a signal anywhere in my property - backyard or front, around the pool etc - and even a fair way down the road. It has excellent range.
I have been very happy with this phone. Highly recommended.

How ridiculous

I also have had trouble with the answering phone on my new Uniden and cannot believe that it would be sold and not able to record incoming mobile calls. Previous model Uniden had none of these problems!

Uniden cordless home phone. What is not stated on the box

I went shopping for a replacement cordless home phone and thought i would upgrade the features but go for the same brand as before eg uniden. After browsing the display shelves i decided on the uniden xdect 5135 + 1. The printing on the box appeared to say all of the right things eg dual mode bluetooth to connect my mobile and the big plus " intergrated digital answering machine". Most of my friends are getting rid of their land line phones and are just using their mobiles . So they could call anytime i thought the answering machine function would be a big plus.
After setting it up with my personal voice message i decided to use my mobile and leave a message. Guess what.No message.
After much frustration i find in the hand book (page 35) a single line comment. " the answering machine works with landline calls only".
I phoned uniden help desk only to have that point confirmed and to be advised none of their phones are able to record messages from mobiles. How silly in a world where mobile phone usage is huge. Also false advertising by uniden not to have this displayed somewhere on the outside of the box.