Uniden XDECT 8055

8055 + 1, 8055 + 2, 8055 + 3WP, etc...

Eveline
EvelineSydney

the audio not good enough

the audio is not clear and I have all the time the caller to repeat, ....I didn't pick up the right one for me. I don't know what to do now. Need some advises. don't know what to say more to arrive at the quota demanded - my kind regards

Date PurchasedDec 2001
The Accountant
The AccountantCairns

Best cordless phone I have ever had

I use it as my VOIP phone with the small base plugged into my modem. It has the facility to plug into it a Unden headphone set which is great when using a laptop at the same time for work. The battery has never had to be replaced as I recharge it in full and it last four days before it requires recharging again. It is by far superior to any other Uniden models that I have at present and in the past.
I would rate it as Excellent and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Hyrom Jones
Hyrom JonesPerth, WA

Good Phone

This Phone operates well with good reception and has a good distance range, being a 5Ghz signal strength. Has 3 handsets in total and also incorporates a Digital Answering System. It has provided me with a good reliable service, without any issues, since purchase. The original batteries supplied are still in use and continue to provide a lengthy conversation time.

Date PurchasedJuly 1997

Find out how Uniden XDECT 8055 compares to other Home Phones

Trusted Uniden brand but...

I purchased this model from Dick Smith as I trusted the Uniden brand. It worked fine for some time until I came home from being away and the whole thing had just died? I changed power supplies but nothing? I wrote to Uniden about this and did not receive a reply. Very poor customer service. They really should replace faulty handsets. Why manufacture such cheap crap?!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Alison
AlisonMandurah

Not as good as I have had before

I bought my Phone in May 2013 and with in a month one of the phone stop working. 7 months later another phone has now stop working. As a business this is very frustrating as I need my phone. Everything else about the phone was fine. Had good range when phone is in use.
When working easy to use.
This model is light and not as strong as previous phone's that I have had. So I believe it is not a good one or may be I got a lemon.

MFP
MFP

Messages are left but cannot pick them up ??

Bad instruction manual, nocustomer service

Cant even program date and time according to instructions in manual. Harvey Norman say ring Uniden, Uniden not open - just a big joke. It is really is poor by both organisations. Very unhappy. Guy in HarveyNorman not really that interested. Will take back - INSTRUCTIONS easy to follow but telephone just doesnt work!
Nothing
Everythin

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A terrific little cordless phone and answering machine

I purchased a Uniden Extended Digital Technology Long Range Cordless Phone System XDECT 8055
I used it in my bedroom and I would high recommend it because it has greater coverage so the signal never drops out so it is always clear where ever I go inside the house or in the backyard.

Purchased in December 2011 at JB Hifi Home for $70.00.

MRHMumbil

Bad audio

Phone arrived without any instruction manual, so downloaded 80+ pages from Uniden's websight.
Although quite easy to set-up, very disapointed with audio. Sound is tinny and echo's. Have tried all three handsets in various locations without any improvement. Have moved base station to other locartions but again without any improvement.
Have always been a Uniden fan, but this unit will make me look at other brands on the market as this one is a bin job! What a waste of money!
General style is fine
Sound, sound, sound quality is so poor

geoffcb
geoffcb

Oh no! I thought mine had a fault. I have this problem, and Dick smith were very unhelpful re return. looks like I'm stuck with a lemon? Wondered why it was a special!

Kerry
Kerry

I purchased this phone set, 2nd hand. The audio is terrible and I'm sick of asking people to repeat things. Is there any way to fix the audio???????????

gmack61
gmack61

I have had mine for over a while now and have moved house. I thought the line at other house made the audio very weak, but I was wrong. It is the phone itself. Wish I hadn't purchased this system.

tmitc48
tmitc48

Poor choice of phone

Hopleless12
Hopleless12
Mannan
Mannan

I was reading this comment after I buying this phone. I have no audio problem or other issues. I am happy with the set.
I had sound problem before but it was from broadband filter.

canaba
canaba

I just purchased this phone not really happy on loud speaker its like i get feed back everytime i talk and the speaker is not very clear dissapointed $160.00 down the drain

Carolyn7Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much reduced sound quality on previous model

Have just replaced an earlier Uniden system - with 8055 & 2 and the sound quality is dreadful. Constant faint hiss in the background and people calling sound like they are the bottom of a deep hole. Is is possible to take this back. So disappointed - horrible light feel to the hand set, nasty feel to key pad.

Unacceptable sound quality in head set.

Carolyn7

I wish someone could suggest a better quality product. Very happy to ditch this horror set I have.

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

Love this thing

I bought this earlier in the year through JB Hifi's website and it was an internet promotion that sold this phone system along with 1x 8005 WP.

Once I received this device and installed it into the residential premises, the Yellow Waterproof phone is used a great deal of the time more than the 8055. It is pretty good for what it is and there are ample amounts of features and capabilities.

The sound quality is great and we have yet to experience any problems with it what so ever.
Everything about it.

Lapun
LapunCanberra 2600, ACT

Great features! Terrible audio!

electra
electra
disappointed52
disappointed52

bad sound quality, piercing static sound from answer machine made it totally unusable, returned phone to retailer

12sonshine
12sonshineSYDNEY

Good home phone system

We have been reasonably happy with this phone system.
Have had no issues with phone reception regardless of where we are standing in the house.
It is a bit of a light weight phone to hold.
I am able to attach my headset which is great and means I can talk on the phone and get some work done at the asme time.
Good reception, batteries last a long time.
Is a bit plastic feeling.

RTT
RTTAU

Fantastic and visually appealing unit

I purchased this with very clear criteria in mind.
Wanted to be able to answer and make a call from the base unit via speaker phone and not have to hold or pick up the cordless phone i.e. completely hands free.
Stylish and compact.
Excellent clarity in receiving and making a call and on answering machine. Ability to answer phone via the speaker button on the base. Easy to use phonebook and use of speaker button to make and end a call. Easy to read manual. Takes up minimal space on desk. Fabulous looking unit!
Probably had to pay a bit more than I was hoping but since using the phone certainly cannot complain and pleased I didn't go passed it.

Will04
Will04
Rob36
Rob36WOLLONGONG

Bad Audio especially on Spekerphone

Have just purchased tthe 8055+2 and am very disappointed with the sound quality. Have tried all handsets and they all have a constant echo and tinny sound regardless of whether the speakerphone is on or off. Previous sound system was a Panasonic with a good sound quality. I also have a Uniden 3315 which also has very good sound quality. I will be returning this phone if there are no easy fixes.
Good features on the base station and the handsets. Entering numbers in the Phone Book feature auto copies to other handsets..
Sound quality very poor.

MRH

Very disappointed with sound quality - echo's, tinny and for someone with reduced hearing just not suitable.