Uniden XDECT R055

Uniden XDECT R055

R055 + 2 and R055 + 1

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent extended handsfree phone system

Have used the R055 over four years, and highly recommend it. I have two landline numbers in my home (one personal, one business) and last week converted them to nbn service. Still running the Uniden system (two lines on each handset). R055 can only manage six repeater/chargers so my seventh sits as a "dumb" charger, not extending the radio range. The seventh handset works fine. I haven't found out how many handsets it can support but at least that many. Never had interference with wifi or garage remotes or microwave or anything.
Only negative is that LCD screen display on the handset is dim. But in ordinary use I don't look at the screen much anyway.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Handset Font

For those who have troubles with their vision - this phone may be a challenge for you. The Font is too condensed on the handset screen and this makes it very difficult to see/use. As I have not fully tested out the other features of the phone and handset, I am unable to comment on the performance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

useful but bad audio

We purchased this model because was the only one allowing 2 phone line, which we really need, it is all fine and working but the quality of the audio is really bad, almost distorted ! In the review we read on choice magazin the audio was not rated very good, but I did not aspected so bad.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

This unit is not easy to use!!. It is expensive & is now discontinued as I have found out to get it

I have had the XDECT R055 + 2 for over 2 years and all of a sudden it stop working. I can not make calls or receive calls. When trying to make a call all I can hear is faint static. I called the customer service 1300 366 895 and they said it is a fault with the base & I would have to send it in for repair. Customer service said it would cost $55 minimum to have a look at it. I asked if I could just purchase a new base and they said it is discontinued. My advice when purchasing a phone look a new models and not old models as they can get discontinued. Getting it repaired sounds expensive considering they would not tell how much. The unit it self is not easy to use. Putting in phone numbers has to be done separately on each handsets and only holds 100 phone numbers.
looks nice
buttons are too small, hard to use, out of the warrentee period expensive to repair.

Excellent in all areas

Read plenty of reviews for cordless phones and made decision to buy the Uniden R055. So glad I did. Goes the distance I needed for the Granny flat (100 m) plus useful intercom. No interference with WIFI , no noise, excellent clear reception and excellent recording on answering machine. Shop around for the best price. CHOICE tested a number of phones and it came as best buy.
Distance it covers with no static.
Doesn't work in a blackout.

Good

It is a great double line cordless telephone. It has been only 3 months I have been using the same. Repeater technology is really great and it extends the coverage to a fair bit. I am forced to assume that it is really great for some one having a big home and have 2 lines connected to their residence. It can be also useful for office purpose as well. Each charging unit ( for additional handsets) is a repeater as well which actually increases the range of the phone and with access to 2 lines with the same phone it makes up for the price you pay for it (save electricity, space and also the effort & money to carry 2 phones for different lines).

With the design of the handset I hate one thing about Uniden is that they do not make the phones to accept the generic AAA size rechargeable batteries like other phone manufacturers - Panasonic Telstra Doro etc. This a big drawback as normally the battery runs flat after 3-4 years, by then the phone is already outdated and it is really expensive and difficult to change the batteries

Overall a very positive experience with the phone.
- Excellent coverage area
- Double line
- sleek handsets
- decent battery backup
- accessories included head phone
- expensive if you have only one telephone line
- Uniden specific battery
- additional handsets are very expensive

Big One Big Reception

Physically a quite chunky phone in dark silver-greyish colour. Casing is all plastic but solid quality. Great reception area up to 100 meter line of sight. Working outside the house reception is still amazing. This phone provides 2 line plugs hence 2 answering machines to operate the lines independently. It's a reliable phone!
Simple to operate and always great reception. Big buttons!
Monochrome display is cheapish and hard to read in low light. Only 12h clock and answering machine got no playback volume adjust.

How do I perform a factory reset on base and handsets?

How do I do a factpry reset on base and handsets on unidec dect r055
Hi Jill, Please find the reset procedure below. On the base Disconnect adaptor from the main base Press and hold 1 and Menu, at the same time connect adaptor to the base Keep holding these two keys until a beep sound and “NV Factory All OK” display on the screen Disconnect adaptor from the main base Connect adaptor back to base again On the handset Press and hold the Red end key and # down together for 10 sec System reset will appear on the screen Scroll down to base unavailable Press select Scroll up to YES Press select Place handset on the main base to registerThankyou. Have done this and still doesnt ringHi Jill, Can you please try the following? To adjust the Ringer Volume; Press the Up arrow 3 to 4 times quickly on the handset The line will then come off from the Bell Icon You can also press the up arrow or plus sign on the base 3 to 4 times.

xdect r055 rings and takes messages but if I pick up handset on primary line L1 it does not allow talk. after i press hangup (still of base) it rings again and still no talk. Any help?

Uniden XDECT Repeater R055 + 2Uniden XDECT Repeater R055 + 1