Uniden XDECT R055

Uniden XDECT R055

R055 + 2, R055 + 1

krustySydney, NSW

Fantastic in every way but sadly discontinued.

Purchased in November 2018 at Private seller for $40.00.

Bob_WAPerth, WA

Excellent extended handsfree phone system

Have used the R055 over four years, and highly recommend it. I have two landline numbers in my home (one personal, one business) and last week converted them to nbn service. Still running the Uniden system (two lines on each handset). R055 can only manage six repeater/chargers so my seventh sits as a "dumb" charger, not extending the radio range. The seventh handset works fine. I haven't found out how many handsets it can support but at least that many. Never had interference with wifi or garage remotes or microwave or anything.
Only negative is that LCD screen display on the handset is dim. But in ordinary use I don't look at the screen much anyway.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Mick

MickSE Queensland

Handset Font

For those who have troubles with their vision - this phone may be a challenge for you. The Font is too condensed on the handset screen and this makes it very difficult to see/use. As I have not fully tested out the other features of the phone and handset, I am unable to comment on the performance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Home Phones

Find out how Uniden XDECT R055 compares to other Home Phones

useful but bad audio

We purchased this model because was the only one allowing 2 phone line, which we really need, it is all fine and working but the quality of the audio is really bad, almost distorted ! In the review we read on choice magazin the audio was not rated very good, but I did not aspected so bad.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
DAC

DACSydney, NSW

This unit is not easy to use!!. It is expensive & is now discontinued as I have found out to get it

Hadtosay

Hadtosaymackay

Excellent in all areas

Read plenty of reviews for cordless phones and made decision to buy the Uniden R055. So glad I did. Goes the distance I needed for the Granny flat (100 m) plus useful intercom. No interference with WIFI , no noise, excellent clear reception and excellent recording on answering machine. Shop around for the best price. CHOICE tested a number of phones and it came as best buy.
Distance it covers with no static.
Doesn't work in a blackout.

mg_cdac

mg_cdac

Good

Review2011

Review2011Brisbane, Qld

Big One Big Reception

Physically a quite chunky phone in dark silver-greyish colour. Casing is all plastic but solid quality. Great reception area up to 100 meter line of sight. Working outside the house reception is still amazing. This phone provides 2 line plugs hence 2 answering machines to operate the lines independently. It's a reliable phone!
Simple to operate and always great reception. Big buttons!
Monochrome display is cheapish and hard to read in low light. Only 12h clock and answering machine got no playback volume adjust.

EVS

EVSasked

XDECT R055

If I choose Delete All in one handset, how many entries will it delete and how many handsets will be affected.

Hi,

Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

Marc S.

Marc S.asked

XDECT R055

The signal from the Uniden R0555 to the handset is very weak.The base has been connected to the NBN for the last 5 years,and has been functioning perfectly until recently. The malfunction seems to have occurred when Optus carried "essential" maintenance work on Optus mobile network arround the 2913 postcode area
between 14-15 October. Can the phone be reset to its former proper working condition?
Thank you for your help.
Marc S

Bob_WA

I don't think signal strength from a Uniden base to a Uniden handset (bars displayed on the handset screen) has anything to do with signal coming in from the landline or nbn connection. Maybe plug in any other simple handset to the nbn router and see if it works better.
When did you last replace the handset battery?

Marc,
We have used the R055s for many years (four handsets) & went NBN 16 months back, it made no change to the signal. Previously we had Telstra & VoIP, now two VoIP lines. The signal range is exceptional (25 meters & five brick walls). I have in fact tested it (NBN) in the street at around 100 meters & it still worked.
Have you considered the R002 repeater? Many are listed on eBay but a bit pricey at around $50! The R055 being almost 12 years old is in my opinion the absolutely best cordless phone available.

Ken F.

Ken F.asked

XDECT Repeater R055 + 1

Is the Uniden XDECT R055+1 compatible with NBN ?

Madhuro
Madhuro

Uniden XDECT R055+1 as far as I know is used for land line telephone, has not much to do with NBN .

Bob_WA

Short answer is yes, nbn is no problem for the R055. I run two landlines on it.
But to explain further, the question really is whether the R055 base unit is compatible with your broadband modem. I use a Sagem Optus F@ST 3864 on hybrid fibre connection. The Sagem modem has two RJ11 telephone ports, but Optus only configure one. So my two landlines need two modems that sit side by side and work off a tee joiner to the HFC cable.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Compare both Uniden XDECT R055