MPNs: R05522LINES and UNI-XDECTR055-2

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Excellent extended handsfree phone system

Have used the R055 over four years, and highly recommend it. I have two landline numbers in my home (one personal, one business) and last week converted them to nbn service. Still running the Uniden system (two lines on each handset). R055 can only manage six repeater/chargers so my seventh sits as a "dumb" charger, not extending the radio range. The seventh handset works fine. I haven't found out how many handsets it can support but at least that many. Never had interference with wifi or garage remotes or microwave or anything.
Only negative is that LCD screen display on the handset is dim. But in ordinary use I don't look at the screen much anyway.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Handset Font

For those who have troubles with their vision - this phone may be a challenge for you. The Font is too condensed on the handset screen and this makes it very difficult to see/use. As I have not fully tested out the other features of the phone and handset, I am unable to comment on the performance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

useful but bad audio

We purchased this model because was the only one allowing 2 phone line, which we really need, it is all fine and working but the quality of the audio is really bad, almost distorted ! In the review we read on choice magazin the audio was not rated very good, but I did not aspected so bad.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

This unit is not easy to use!!. It is expensive & is now discontinued as I have found out to get it

I have had the XDECT R055 + 2 for over 2 years and all of a sudden it stop working. I can not make calls or receive calls. When trying to make a call all I can hear is faint static. I called the customer service 1300 366 895 and they said it is a fault with the base & I would have to send it in for repair. Customer service said it would cost $55 minimum to have a look at it. I asked if I could just purchase a new base and they said it is discontinued. My advice when purchasing a phone look a new models and not old models as they can get discontinued. Getting it repaired sounds expensive considering they would not tell how much. The unit it self is not easy to use. Putting in phone numbers has to be done separately on each handsets and only holds 100 phone numbers.
looks nice
buttons are too small, hard to use, out of the warrentee period expensive to repair.

I get L1 check on the base as well as all the handset. Any ideas?
See page 7 of the owners manual.

How to bar out going calls from a handset (one of the extension handsets)?
I am not sure if there is an option to bar outgoing calls from the Uniden handset (or base). Even if there was, it would surely need some sort of password, and I have never heard of that on any domestic handset. Maybe a specialist office equipment supplier would have a system with such a function. But I do know that you can request from your telco, call barring on your landline number. I know Optus and Telstra can put restrictions on certain types of outgoing call, and probably all types if you ask them. Might be a fee. You probably would not be able to restrict 000 calls.

Are the R055 and 8055 compatible?
I have no idea, I only have the R055. Try contacting Uniden.

CategoryHome Phones