Uniden XDECT R055

Uniden XDECT R055 Questions & Answers

R055 + 2 and R055 + 1

10 questions from our users

How do I perform a factory reset on base and handsets?

How do I do a factpry reset on base and handsets on unidec dect r055
Hi Jill, Please find the reset procedure below. On the base Disconnect adaptor from the main base Press and hold 1 and Menu, at the same time connect adaptor to the base Keep holding these two keys until a beep sound and “NV Factory All OK” display on the screen Disconnect adaptor from the main base Connect adaptor back to base again On the handset Press and hold the Red end key and # down together for 10 sec System reset will appear on the screen Scroll down to base unavailable Press select Scroll up to YES Press select Place handset on the main base to registerThankyou. Have done this and still doesnt ringHi Jill, Can you please try the following? To adjust the Ringer Volume; Press the Up arrow 3 to 4 times quickly on the handset The line will then come off from the Bell Icon You can also press the up arrow or plus sign on the base 3 to 4 times.

xdect r055 rings and takes messages but if I pick up handset on primary line L1 it does not allow talk. after i press hangup (still of base) it rings again and still no talk. Any help?

I get L1 check on the base as well as all the handset. Any ideas?
See page 7 of the owners manual.

How to bar out going calls from a handset (one of the extension handsets)?
I am not sure if there is an option to bar outgoing calls from the Uniden handset (or base). Even if there was, it would surely need some sort of password, and I have never heard of that on any domestic handset. Maybe a specialist office equipment supplier would have a system with such a function. But I do know that you can request from your telco, call barring on your landline number. I know Optus and Telstra can put restrictions on certain types of outgoing call, and probably all types if you ask them. Might be a fee. You probably would not be able to restrict 000 calls.

Are the R055 and 8055 compatible?
I have no idea, I only have the R055. Try contacting Uniden.

When a call is placed 'on hold' what does the calling party hear?
Nothing. There is silence.

On the screen of my cordless Uniden RO55 2 line phone the message screens "SP L1 Check". I have tried everything including re-registering the handsets to no avail. Any ideas?
If adsl on the same line make sure there is a line filter connected .. and make sure that your phone line is plugged into the right socket of the phone (primary line) as you got 2 line sockets ;)

Can this phone do call divert to your mobile
Looking through the manual there is no mentioning but call forwarding between the stations (local) Looks to me no such thing but you may contact Uniden and ask them directly.As a Telstra customer I use *21.# and it works well

Do you have to press a key on the receiving handset in order to start talking? If so what key?
Not when the phone is in its station/dock - outside the station you press the Flash button or when AnyKey is activated (setup) just press whatever key :)

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives