3UNIMIG VIPER 120 SYNERGIC MIG KUMJRVM120

4.9

90 reviews · Statistics

99% · 891 · 1%
Safety
See the Best Welders & Soldering Irons in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

royce
royceVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Very good machine to weld with

Nice a small for taking up the ladder to do some welding Show details ·  1
Michael Parsons
Michael Parsons4 posts

Excellent welder for beginner

Never welded before. Purchased an entry level machine which was well priced with all I needed inc gloves, helmet etc. Watched a couple of YouTube video's and got started. Still have a bit to learn but very happy with my results so far. The machine is small and compact, easy to use and gives excellent results for the light style of jobs I need it for. Show details ·  1
Nicholas K.
Nicholas K.Queensland

Handy

Compact and easy to use, well priced and good quality Show details ·  1
SHAUN R.
SHAUN R.NSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Unimig 120 V Cigweld 135

If your looking for a good welding equipment as a first time welder this unimig 120 starter kit from Sydney Tools is the go for $269 you get most of everything you need unlike your Cigweld welder 135. I will be buying more of UNIMIG range. Show details ·  1
I love P.
I love P.
  Fair Incentive

Great welder

Graet little welder, I have used it over the past 3 years and it has not let me down Show details ·  1
James T.
James T.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

awesome

what a awesome little welder easy to set up makes welding so easy Show details ·  1
Peter
PeterQLDWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great piece of machinery

All items great, did the job I wanted and was delivered speedily Show details ·  1
Safety
Gezza3 posts

Cant Fault This welder

Perfect for Welding up to 6mm Old School welder here used Mixing my own Amps and wire feed
pleasently Surprised with this set and forget Welder
Lose the Gasless Wire and use a Sheilded Gas
Totally Recommend Show details ·  1
Chris
ChrisNSWSydney Surrounds, NSW

Nice little unit for my car repairs

The only thing i think it needs is a hook or something you can hang it on so you don't have to put it down when you need to use two hands on your job between welds. Show details ·  1
mark
markNSWMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

Awesome

awesome little welder good for home use ezy too set up and store away Show details ·  1
wayne v.
wayne v.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality product

The welder is very well designed and very simple to use takes the guess work out of set up. Show details ·  1
Kerry a.
Kerry a.

Good little machine

Nice machine for small welding jobs , easy set up and easy to use Show reply
Stephen Powell
Stephen PowellVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First time welder great result!

I have not welded before but I decided to make a cover for a pond using rod, a Ring Roller, and the 120 Viper. I am thrilled to bits with the result. Putting together a YouTube video of the building. Easy to learn and use! Show details ·  1
Mick
MickNSWCentral West, NSW12 posts

Fantastic welder

A fantastic little welder. It's been 30 years since I welded, bought the 120 in the kit as I needed to fix and make a few things. It's so easy to use straight out of the box, does everything I needed when I bought it.

So impressed with Unimig products I just upgraded to a Viper 185 kit as the 120 got me keen to do more welding including various techniques.

I would recommend the Viper 120 to anyone getting into Mig welding that wants a simple machine. Show details ·  1

Eric
Eric35 posts

I took a gamble, and it paid up big time

The machine has very few adjustable parameters, but it all works very well.
I suggest you use only 0.8 wire and press the 0.6 wire button. The wire feed dial will do the rest!
In my 50 years of welding, when the specifications on a machine say one thing, you just half that!
I think the maximum it will weld is 3mm, not 6mm. Also, use gas, because flux core welding is another skill and best used on galv tube. Don't use too long an extension cord, but even then this little pocket welder performs very well. Just don't try welding aluminium with it, like the previous owner of mine tried. Show details ·  1

Scott Y.
Scott Y.

Hi there. I have a unimig 120. Had it for a little while now. Went to use it yesterday and now won't weld. It's like an earthing issue. Metal was cleaned for good contact. But still doesn't spark. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Hi
Can the UNIMIG 120 weld stainless steel with flux core wire and" No Gas"?
I simply can't find an answer.
I hear some Welders will do stainless without gas. Will the UNIMIG VIPER 120 do it. Thanks

UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM

Hi Phil, in terms of gasless wire, the VIPER 120 SYNERGIC is designed for mild-steel flux-cored gas. For stainless on this machine you would need gas-shielded stainless steel wire.

Phil

So in simple terms is that a No?
It won't weld without a gas?
Does any of your Welders weld without gas hooked up for ssteel. ?

UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM
Big Bang Theory D.
Big Bang Theory D.

hi my wire feeder starts off fine but then speeds up by its self to full speed !! im using the unimig Viper synergic MIG 120 . can i buy a new controller?

Extra Information